Here's what I wrote the hack writer

The article from the Providence Journal on the front page was a hatchet job, here's what I e-mailed the author.

The hatchet job you did in your column about Terrell Owens going to Buffalo cannot go without me providing you some feedback. I'm a Bills fan, living in Albany, N.Y. who cannot believe your lack of professionalism or ethics. Lets examine your indiscretions.

Quote 1) "Still, it seems T.O.never gets the ball thrown to him often enough, as he often points out. It's always all about T.O. Considering that he complained about talented quarterbacks Donovan McNabb in Philadelphia and Tony Romo in Dallas, how long will it be before he becomes frustrated with the likes of Trent Edwards and J.P. Losman in Buffalo?"

J.P. Losman is no longer on the Bills, he has been replaced by Ryan Fitzpatrick. A professional would check his facts and know who was on a team before he wrote about that team. The fact that you didn't shows your lack of professionalism.

Quote 2) Joy is not exactly flowing in the streets of Buffalo over T.O.'s arrival. As Jerry Sullivan, the Rogers High of Newport grad who’s a columnist for the Buffalo News, wrote last week of Owens' signing: "This is a desperate move, a sure sign that (coach Dick) Jauron, the embattled head coach, needs to win this year and will do anything necessary to get there."

Why did you take this out of context to fit your agenda that implied Mr Sullivan was not happy with the move. You knew very well that the paragraph indicated Jerry Sullivan loved the move, hardly equal to your "Joy is not exactly flowing..." statement. Just to refresh your memory here's what the part of his column you convieniently edited to fit your agenda, you even started the statement in mid-sentence.

"You know what, though? I love it. Once I recovered from the initial shock, I realized it was the most interesting thing to happen to the Bills since they acquired Drew Bledsoe in 2002. All right, so that didn't turn out so well in the long run. And yes, this is a desperate move, a sure sign that Jauron, the embattled head coach, needs to win this year and will do anything necessary to get there.

But what the heck. At least they're willing to try something bold and daring. "

The readers of your paper deserve better.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It could have used more blatant cheapshots at the writer (since he's from Providence), but all in all, I like it. Somebody has to hold the writers accountable for the crap that they get paid for.

I reminded the writer that Providence is a bigger shithole than backwater Buffalo could ever be.

I think you summed things up very well. When I read the original article, I was ticked. I am so sick of a-holes in the media that pen articles without doing any research. It's no wonder that so many newspapers are going out of business. People are tired of reading bull$#it from idiots that are too lazy to put in work.

I reminded the writer that Providence is a bigger shithole than backwater Buffalo could ever be.

When is the last time you were in Providence? It is a happening city that has been much improved the past 15 years

haha! Yeah, I was just saying that. The whole state of Rhode Island is a pats* and red sox fan infested sh-- pile. the only good thing to come out of Rhode Island is Pawtucket Pat beer.

..... Jim Donaldson: T.O. lands in the NFL's version of Hooterville, and it's the perfect place for him

06:14 PM EDT on Tuesday, March 10, 2009

A couple of random football thoughts . . .

It makes me smile to think that Terrell Owens could be shuffling off the NFL stage in a backwater like Buffalo.

What a blow to his outsized ego to be picked up by the Bills after being cast off by the Cowboys.

This is what I posted:

Mr. Donaldson - there is a website called google that among other things allows you to search for information on the internet. Had you used it to do some fact checking on this story of yours you would have found the following:

JP Losman no longer plays for the Buffalo Bills

While not universal, the Bills fans genuinely support the signing of T.O.

Now for your comparison of Buffalo to Hooterville - to minimize the risk of being censored let me just say have relations with yourself. Your comment is an unfair and insulting remark to the people who live there today or like me have pleasant memories of the city and may one day return.

I sincerely hope you take the time to write something based in facts and with insight next time you mention Buffalo or the Bills.

If you're looking for a seedy strip club, crack or to get your pickle polished by either sex....Providence may be for you.

If it was not for the proximity of Boston it is hard to believe that Providence would be able to sustain itself.

Don't know what Hooterville is?????

Youngsters, stop playing video games and watch some TV- TV Land- Green Acres. Lisa Douglas, Arnold the Pig, Mr. Haney, Does any of it ring a bell?