So the Mayor of Philly says it was a hoax

There is no way to know the whole story within a couple of hours, regardless of the outcome.  Those of you jumping on the "it's been debunked" bandwagon are just as bad as those who believed the original story, regardless of who reported it.

You people are unfugginbelievable.  And you wonder why the news media sucks.

96851[/snapback]

Yeah nice to see you again too Darin.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no way to know the whole story within a couple of hours, regardless of the outcome.  Those of you jumping on the "it's been debunked" bandwagon are just as bad as those who believed the original story, regardless of who reported it.

You people are unfugginbelievable.  And you wonder why the news media sucks.

96851[/snapback]

I would say that the story was officially debunked. How long is the statute of limitations before actual "proof" is necessarily. You're right about this stuff, in most cases, but you chose a bad example I think. :D

what part of the story has been proven false? please post.

and if the mayor of philly says it was a hoax, then it must be a hoax. You obviously don't know much about the mayor of philly, cause he is as crooked as they come.

96782[/snapback]

Would you believe the District Attorney and the Deputy Cuty Commissioner or are they also in on the plot? Here is a story from the local on-line paper in Philly:

Officials respond to election complaints

Associated Press

PHILADELPHIA - An army of zealous, partisan political operatives descended on polling locations around the state Tuesday, looking for any signs of voting irregularities, and election officials planned to spend the day investigating fraud allegations.

Republican observers in Philadelphia lodged some of the earliest complaints, claiming that voting machines in the city already had thousands of votes recorded on them when the polls opened at 7 a.m.

City election officials and the district attorney rushed to some of the precincts in question, and quickly said the GOP poll watchers had gotten it wrong.

Deputy City Commissioner Ed Schulgen and Cathie Abookire, a spokeswoman for District Attorney Lynne Abraham, said the observers had pulled the numbers from an odometer that records every vote ever cast on the machine in every election - and not the counter that records how many votes will be counted for this election.

"It's absolutely ridiculous," Schulgen said.

Ridiculous or not, rumors of widespread fraud quickly made their way on to the Internet and circulated nationally.

The city plans to have four judges on call all day just to field election-related legal challenges.

In Mercer County, some voters were apparently having problems with new electronic voting machines that the rural county in western Pennsylvania started using about two years ago, said Commissioner Olivia M. Lazor.

Voters using the new voting machines, made by UniLect, apparently were voiding their votes by accident while trying to review them, and having to redo their ballots. The delays caused longer lines than normal.

"We have a lot of brand new voters, first time voters and unfamiliarity with the machines," Lazor said. She said officials were giving the voters the option of using analog paper ballots, where people vote by checking boxes.

Drudge and the republican poll watchers, aka "disenfranchisers", are wrong and though they are not getting away with it this time anyway, they did manage to dust up 30 or so posts on the subject here.

Would you believe the District Attorney and the Deputy Cuty Commissioner or are they also in on the plot?

96874[/snapback]

It's all a big Democratic plot, Mickey. They figured they could wheel out a few dozen voting machines with votes already on them and nobody, not even the trained election inspectors (and I've been one), would notice. :D

I find it so funny that the republicans, who have been running around accusing the Dems of trying to win the election in court not at the polls are the ones claiming all the fraud here and threatening to sue.

***News to those who only watch FoxNews and listen to Rush AND those of you who only listen to Al Franken and read the NY Times..... BOTH PARTIES ARE FULL OF stevestojan!!!!! They will BOTH do whatever it takes to get their candidate elected, regardless of morality or that silly constitution thing. There is NO side here that is holier that the other!***

There should be outrage over what these two sides have both done to OUR democracy.

Mickey, if the republican poll watchers are disenfranchisers what does that make all of the democratic poll watchers?

96922[/snapback]

The Republican poll watchers are there to challenge as many voters as possible and slow down the lines so people will get frustrated and leave without voting.

The Democratic poll watchers are there to make sure the Republican poll watchers don't get away with this.

Just because they are both "poll watchers" doesn't mean they are both disenfranchisers. It's not what they're called, it's what they do.

The Republican poll watchers are there to challenge as many voters as possible and slow down the lines so people will get frustrated and leave without voting.

The Democratic poll watchers are there to make sure the Republican poll watchers don't get away with this.

Just because they are both "poll watchers" doesn't mean they are both disenfranchisers.  It's not what they're called, it's what they do.

96927[/snapback]

Oh I see, they do that there, but I state it happens here, and I am full of it. Yup, hypocritical again, I see.

I would say that the story was officially debunked. How long is the statute of limitations before actual "proof" is necessarily. You're right about this stuff, in most cases, but you chose a bad example I think.  :D

96869[/snapback]

That's your opinion. I wish people would hold the news media accountable for their actions. I'll be skepticle of pretty much everything "reported" over the next three months in regards to this kind of stuff, regardless of who's being accused of what.

I'm also not likely to believe a politician who is "investigating" something that HIS party is accused of. Call me crazy.

Oh I see, they do that there, but I state it happens here, and I am full of it.  Yup, hypocritical again, I see.

96932[/snapback]

Relax, VA. Your state isn't even in play for Christ's sake. You got an anal inspector on a power trip is all.

GOP Complains About School Voting Over Alleged Ice Cream Bribe

School Administrator Denies Any Wrongdoing

POSTED: 10:41 am CST November 2, 2004

UPDATED: 10:48 am CST November 2, 2004

LUFKIN, Texas -- Lufkin-area Republicans are complaining about voting by residents from the local state school for the mentally disabled.

The Lufkin Daily News reports the Angelina County GOP headquarters was told that Lufkin State School employees bribed students with ice cream. They also alleged improper use of a state van to take students to the poll for early voting.

They should have realized that the mentally challenged would be voting for Bush and shouldn't have complained!!!! :D:D:huh:

Yeah like CBS & ABC are so quick to retract their known lies and distortion...

Rather & Jennings what jokes...

96767[/snapback]

CBS is definitely lefty, but ABC? They are the only real fair and balanced network going. They are owned by a bunch of right wingers. How could you group them with CBS?

That's your opinion.  I wish people would hold the news media accountable for their actions.  I'll be skepticle of pretty much everything "reported" over the next three months in regards to this kind of stuff, regardless of who's being accused of what.

I'm also not likely to believe a politician who is "investigating" something that HIS party is accused of.  Call me crazy.

96941[/snapback]

I was quoting the guy because of exactly what he said, not his opinion. It is my opinion that if this politician was spinning this story there was no possible way in hell that he would have said what he said to denounce it. It was something that if he were proven wrong there would be zero chance to be anything other than a flat out liar on national TV. These weasals usually know how to weasal, and this was a case where the guy had facts. He was there. There were not the votes. He saw with his own eyes. He wouldnt have couched it that way. He would have lied another way, a way where there was (im)plausible deniability.

I was quoting the guy because of exactly what he said, not his opinion. It is my opinion that if this politician was spinning this story there was no possible way in hell that he would have said what he said to denounce it. It was something that if he were proven wrong there would be zero chance to be anything other than a flat out liar on national TV. These weasals usually know how to weasal, and this was a case where the guy had facts. He was there. There were not the votes. He saw with his own eyes. He wouldnt have couched it that way. He would have lied another way, a way where there was (im)plausible deniability.

96965[/snapback]

You don't know Mayor Street very well, do you?

Mickey, if the republican poll watchers are disenfranchisers what does that make all of the democratic poll watchers?

96922[/snapback]

That makes them "enfranchisers". The democratic poll watchers are not going to suburbs to "prevent voter fraud". They are going to districts where the republican disenfranchisers are trying to keep as many democrats from voting as possible by any means they can think of. Does it not concern you that these idiots read the wrong counter (I doubt that was an "honest mistake") resulting in the story that ran nationally, even attracting lots of attention here and also causing those machines to be taken out of service while the allegation, crap though it was, was investigated? Either those republican "poll watchers" are morons completely unsuited to be involved with the voting process or they did this on purpose to depress the vote in the city of Philadelphia. Either conclusion, that they are evil or simply stupid, is a real problem.

I can't believe my favorite station, FOX News, stabbed their conservative brother right in the friggin' back.

Demoncrats are all crooked, its a fact.  I can't believe the liberal media continues to hijack truth and justice and the American way!

96763[/snapback]

Man either get a better schtick or just give it up.