So the Mayor of Philly says it was a hoax

He just came from the actual sites that allegedly had the extra votes on them before polling started, and hells bells, the machines, after all this morning's voting, had less votes on them than the numbers that were supposed to be already on them before voting started. This was on Fox News, so it must be true.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

He just came from the actual sites that allegedly had the extra votes on them before polling started, and hells bells, the machines, after all this morning's voting, had less votes on them than the numbers that were supposed to be already on them before voting started. This was on Fox News, so it must be true.

96726[/snapback]

I wish "reporters" like Drudge had to run headlines on their web sites when they were wrong informing their viewers that they screwed up, again. Maybe we would have fewer people posting his every crap story here within seconds of it appearing.

I wish "reporters" like Drudge had to run headlines on their web sites when they were wrong informing their viewers that they screwed up, again.  Maybe we would have fewer people posting his every crap story here within seconds of it appearing.

96756[/snapback]

Yeah like CBS & ABC are so quick to retract their known lies and distortion...

Rather & Jennings what jokes...

I wish "reporters" like Drudge had to run headlines on their web sites when they were wrong informing their viewers that they screwed up, again.  Maybe we would have fewer people posting his every crap story here within seconds of it appearing.

96756[/snapback]

Good idea, maybe include, all the media. Like Dan Rather spewing his crap too?

what part of the story has been proven false? please post.

and if the mayor of philly says it was a hoax, then it must be a hoax. You obviously don't know much about the mayor of philly, cause he is as crooked as they come.

Excuse me.  Drudge reported the story.  The story is true.  What he said IS NEWS.

96771[/snapback]

Explain "the story is true" to me. I don't know if the story is true or not. The Mayor seemed to have some definitive proof that it was not true (although I suppose he could be wrong or lying). The story had no proof that it was true, it was an unfounded allegation.

what part of the story has been proven false? please post.

and if the mayor of philly says it was a hoax, then it must be a hoax. You obviously don't know much about the mayor of philly, cause he is as crooked as they come.

96782[/snapback]

He could be lying, bu read my post of what he said. That the machines were looked at with him there and the machines had less votes on them after voting had started than the number of votes that were alleged to be on them before voting opened. Unless he is lying, that is proof that at least part of the allegation if not all of it was false.

Drudge said that votes were found on machines before voting started. This is exactly what was alleged. He was the first one to report this story. The story may not be true, but this is exactly what was alleged. This WAS the story. I cautioned people to wait until the facts came out, and said "Drudge just doesnt make this stuff up" and guess what, HE DIDNT. He consistently breaks news stories first. This was a news story. Turns out its probably a bunch of nothing, but its still a news story and another one brought first by drudge.

It turns out that the numbers Drudge was talking about were the numbers of times the voting machines have been used in previous elections, not votes. The story has been completely debunked.

The Philadelphia City Commissioner released the following statement:

"Recent press reports have stated that machines in at least one precinct were not properly calibrated to ensure an accurate accounting of the number of votes cast."

"These allegations are completely unsubstantiated and have no factual

basis whatsoever."

Move along, folks. Nothing to see here.

Of course, if you want to keep getting your news from Drudge, go right ahead.

Drudge said that votes were found on machines before voting started.  This is exactly what was alleged.  He was the first one to report this story.  The story may not be true, but this is exactly what was alleged.  This WAS the story.  I cautioned people to wait until the facts came out, and said "Drudge just doesnt make this stuff up"  and guess what, HE DIDNT.  He consistently breaks news stories first.  This was a news story.  Turns out its probably a bunch of nothing, but its still a news story and another one brought first by drudge.

96814[/snapback]

Then it may not be wise to post "The story is true". If I called up Drudge and said, "I have proof that Laura Bush is a lesbian" and he printed a story with a headline that read "Laura Bush is a lesbian", would you say that "The story is true"?

Then it may not be wise to post "The story is true". If I called up Drudge and said, "I have proof that Laura Bush is a lesbian" and he printed a story with a headline that read "Laura Bush is a lesbian", would you say that "The story is true"?

96845[/snapback]

Now if you said the twins, I would want videos. :lol:

96845[/snapback]

Of course he would. He reads Drudge for his news.

There is no way to know the whole story within a couple of hours, regardless of the outcome. Those of you jumping on the "it's been debunked" bandwagon are just as bad as those who believed the original story, regardless of who reported it.

You people are unfugginbelievable. And you wonder why the news media sucks.

It turns out that the numbers Drudge was talking about were the numbers of times the voting machines have been used in previous elections, not votes.  The story has been completely debunked.

The Philadelphia City Commissioner released the following statement:

Move along, folks.  Nothing to see here.

Of course, if you want to keep getting your news from Drudge, go right ahead.

96841[/snapback]

Here you go, by the way:

City election officials and the district attorney rushed to some of the precincts in question, and quickly said the GOP poll watchers had gotten it wrong.

Deputy City Commissioner Ed Schulgen and Cathie Abookire, a spokeswoman for District Attorney Lynne Abraham, said the observers had pulled the numbers from an odometer that records every vote ever cast on the machine in every election - and not the counter that records how many votes will be counted for this election.

"It's absolutely ridiculous," Schulgen said.

Ridiculous or not, rumors of widespread fraud quickly made their way on to the Internet and circulated nationally.