Just how bad is Buffalo nightlife?

I'm not sure I got my answer here. So what you are all saying is that Buffalo is full of bars but not a single night club? There is not one single place anywhere in the city that has club-style dj;s and dancing? No place that even attempts to resemble a NYC or Toronto night spot? If true that's pretty sad.

PTR

Now that you mention it, there really hasn't been anything resembling an upscale, well-heeled, dress-to-the-nines, high-energy, Euro-trash-type dance club since the Coliseum turned into Darcy McGee's about 5 years ago or more.

There used to be 3 or 4 different 'clubs' w/in that complex - the Rhino Room cigar bar, and a place that would have fit the description of nightclub/dance bar - Vogue (?), I think - one floor up.

Anyway, it's all pretty much just bars on the Chip Strip, Allentown, Elmwood, and now Hertel Ave is starting to buzz with some new places - some nice bars, but not the glitzy NYC kind of 'clubs' you're talking about.

And you're right - it is sad.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

atlanta aint what it use to be. They pretty much broke up the Buckhead night life. The Ray Ray incident brought a lot of bad elements and eventually the bars got sick of dealing with the crap loitering outside and scarring of customers.

There are still pockets/ areas to go out in. but the buckhead hayday is gone.

I have had more than one beer out in buffalo, and I have to say the scene is pretty weak. It it oddly depressed and unfriendly compared to a similar scene in other cities. Chippewa smells like teen spirit.

I have had more than one beer out in buffalo, and I have to say the scene is pretty weak. It it oddly depressed and unfriendly compared to a similar scene in other cities. Chippewa smells like teen spirit.

I think it's actually a great scene if you're looking for good bars. I've brought friends that were born and raised in Miami, that are frequents on South Beach, to Buffalo for a weekend and they all had a blast. If you're looking for clubs...well, yes, very weak.

He is WAY to big to go out in Buffalo. People go nuts when they see a backup lineman at Wegmans and TO is gonna be able to go to SOHO? He should get in a limo and head to Toronto. Toronto has the third largest crowd in North America going out on the weekends and it is less than a two hour drive away. I was there this weekend and the nightclubs and bars are amazing. Loaded with beautiful women of all types!

so funny!!!!!!!!!!

I grew up in Buffalo and have lived in NYC, DC, Phila, and FL since. I think Buffalo has a great bar scene, they do not have the clubs, like the 4040 etc where the clebs hang out. So it depends on what people call nightlife, my guess is TO would enjoy Toronto more than Buffalo's nightlife since there are more "clubs" there.

I think it's actually a great scene if you're looking for good bars. I've brought friends that were born and raised in Miami, that are frequents on South Beach, to Buffalo for a weekend and they all had a blast. If you're looking for clubs...well, yes, very weak.

It is a great scene if that's what your looking for and personally I think it's alot of fun. I was just in Miami for a month working and I ran into alot of people who love partying in WNY. It was a nice suprise to hear that.

I cant offer to much of an opinion on Buffalo nightlife because I am older, a father, and married now.(A wild night is sipping some Johnny Walker before bed). However I was stationed at Ft Hood in the 90's(93-99) and there is nothing that comes close to 6th street in Austin TX. That is where the Cowboys hold training camp, I cant imagine anything anywhere in WNY or the surounding areas competeing with that

I assume you mean Ted Rogers. I really doubt he cares about Terrell Owens.

I meant whoever is running the Rogers empire these days. I know Ted is currently unavailable. If I were them I'd get T.O. his own condo in Toronto and encourage him to spend as much time there as possible. T.O in T.O.

PTR

WHo was that Bills player a few years ago that used to commute in from Toronto? He was so enamored with that World class city that he lived there during the season. A bit nuts if you ask me but maybe that will be TO. BTW, is TO married? does he have a family? you never hear about his personal life. If he's a single-35 yr old, party dude then Buffalo for a yr or two won't be so bad. The media makes such a big deal about it being a "boring" town for him. It's not like he'd have to move his whole clan there. The guy can eat wings and have some beers with his teammates after practice and on his days off- go to Toronto, NYC or wherever the hell else he needs to be seen.