13. Carolina - Smith and Muhammad

14. Seattle - Housh and Branch

15. New Orleans - Colston and Henderson

16. Atlanta - Jenkins and White

17. Kansas City - Bowe and Bradley

18. Baltimore - Clayton and Mason

19. San Diego - Jackson and Chambers

20. Minnesota - Berrian and Wade

Owens and Evans are better receivers than Ward and Holmes...the question is how good can Edwards be and how well can the line protect him

Also grossly underrates the New Orleans WRs, and vastly over-estimates the Redskins WRs...There are others, but those are the most glaring

1. Arizona - Fitz and Boldin

2. New England - Welker and Moss

3. Pittsburgh - Ward and Holmes

4. Buffalo - Owens and Evans

5. Indy - Wayne and Gonzalez

6. Houston - Walter and Johnson

7. Denver - Royal and Marshall

8. Dallas - Williams and Crayton

9. Washington - Moss and Randle El

10. Tampa Bay - Bryant and Clayton

11. Green Bay - Driver and Jennings

12. Cinci - Coles and Johnson

While this list is pretty good, I think you have to have Owens and Evans higher on the list. Here is the way I look at it. If you like Owens AND Evans better than one of the receivers in the pairs above them, then you have to put them as a duo about that pair.

For example, I think BOTH Evans and Owens are BETTER that Wes Welker (not to mention I think both are almost as good as Moss). Therefore, they must rank higher as a pair. Also, I would take Evans and Owens over either Ward or Holmes. Therefore, I place them ahead of that group as well. Where I get stuck is Fitz and Boldin. Fitz is the best there is in the entire league. Boldin is definitely at the same level (at least) as Owens and Evans, so they probably have to get the nod for now. If you look at it this way, there is no way Owens and Evans can be any worse than the 2nd best tandem in the league.

Now, as another member pointed out, the difference may not come down to the WRs themselves, but rather who is throwing them the ball. I truly believe the talent level of Owens and Evans is at least 2nd in the league, but the QB that is going to be throwing them the ball is barely in the top half of the league. So, the stats may not be there as much as they could be if they had a better QB getting them the ball.

But, if you are strictly talking talent, I will take Owens and Evans over Welker, Ward and Holmes. Not by much, but if I was starting a team, (in terms of talent....not counting the baggage attached with any of the players), I would take Owens and Evans over Welker, Ward, and Holmes. So, therefore I have them 2nd at this point.

3. Pittsburgh - Ward and Holmes

4. Buffalo - Owens and Evans

5. Indy - Wayne and Gonzalez

6. Houston - Walter and Johnson

7. Denver - Royal and Marshall

8. Dallas - Williams and Crayton

9. Washington - Moss and Randle El

10. Tampa Bay - Bryant and Clayton

11. Green Bay - Driver and Jennings

12. Cinci - Coles and Johnson

Walter and Johnson is the most underrated in the league.

I think Bryant and Clayton are a little too high, as well as Williams and Crayton. other than Roy Williams, none of those receivers have showed they can be consistent or as consistent as any duo from 11-15

Walter and Johnson is the most underrated in the league.

I think Bryant and Clayton are a little too high, as well as Williams and Crayton. other than Roy Williams, none of those receivers have showed they can be consistent or as consistent as any duo from 11-15

Well, Andre Johnson is the best receiver in the game. You can put anyone next to him and they will put up numbers.

While this list is pretty good, I think you have to have Owens and Evans higher on the list. Here is the way I look at it. If you like Owens AND Evans better than one of the receivers in the pairs above them, then you have to put them as a duo about that pair.

For example, I think BOTH Evans and Owens are BETTER that Wes Welker (not to mention I think both are almost as good as Moss). Therefore, they must rank higher as a pair. Also, I would take Evans and Owens over either Ward or Holmes. Therefore, I place them ahead of that group as well. Where I get stuck is Fitz and Boldin. Fitz is the best there is in the entire league. Boldin is definitely at the same level (at least) as Owens and Evans, so they probably have to get the nod for now. If you look at it this way, there is no way Owens and Evans can be any worse than the 2nd best tandem in the league.

Now, as another member pointed out, the difference may not come down to the WRs themselves, but rather who is throwing them the ball. I truly believe the talent level of Owens and Evans is at least 2nd in the league, but the QB that is going to be throwing them the ball is barely in the top half of the league. So, the stats may not be there as much as they could be if they had a better QB getting them the ball.

But, if you are strictly talking talent, I will take Owens and Evans over Welker, Ward and Holmes. Not by much, but if I was starting a team, (in terms of talent....not counting the baggage attached with any of the players), I would take Owens and Evans over Welker, Ward, and Holmes. So, therefore I have them 2nd at this point.

This is insane. Mass euphoria.

If we are talking current talent....

Any two of Arizona's three WRs are better than Owens/Evans--right now!

Moss and Welker are better---righrt now, and a year ago.

Denver has a better pair--right now!

Even Ocho Cinco and TJH (with a better QB....)

I always liked Evans--and this may really help him fulfil his potential, but TO drops more balls than Yolanda Vega and he's not the receiver he was even 3 years ago.

You guys gotta calm down.

Evans > Welker and Owens > Moss(undeniable really...Owens outperforms Moss in every receiving statistical category over the past 3 years)...also Evans and Owens are better and more dangerous than Ward and Holmes...

I would Evans and Owens top 3 at least...Arizona clearly has the #1 duo...

Evans > Welker and Owens > Moss(undeniable really...Owens outperforms Moss in every receiving statistical category over the past 3 years)...also Evans and Owens are better and more dangerous than Ward and Holmes...

I would Evans and Owens top 3 at least...Arizona clearly has the #1 duo...

It's not really that simple. If anything it's like Moss is a bigger, faster version of Evans and TO is a bigger, faster version of Welker in terms of their playing styles. So based on the fact that they have actually produced together, Moss and Welker get the edge (though I think Welker is wildly overrated but still a good player).

Either way, we got the perfect complement to Lee. TO is almost the exact opposite in every way to Evans. On paper, this is gonna be a really tough offense to stop. I just hope TE is ready.

Please tell me you do not have Tampas pair at 10!?! Michael Clayton is terrible. The pair in GB should be much higher. Jennings led the league in receptions for much of the season and driver though not young is still a big time threat.

My list:

3. Buffalo - Owens and Evans

4. Indy - Wayne and Gonzalez

5. Houston - Walter and Johnson

6. Denver - Royal and Marshall

7 Pittsburgh - Ward and Holmes.

8. Cinci - Coles and Johnson

9. Green Bay - Driver and Jennings

10. Washington - Moss and Randle El

11. Carolina - Smith and Muhammad

13. Dallas - Williams and Crayton

13.San Diego - Jackson and Chambers

17. Tampa Bay - Bryant and Clayton

18. Kansas City - Bowe and Bradley

19. Baltimore - Clayton and Mason

Maybe it's just me, but perhaps we should wait and see how well Evans and Owens ACTUALLY play before we start ranking them as one of the top five best receiving duos in football. I have no questions about their talent and their numbers on paper. That being said, whether or not they actually live up to those numbers this season is another thing entirely. This thread would be better situated mid-to-late season, wouldn't it?