To Jauron

Thank you for having a pair, and at a time when nobody was giving you any credit for addressing the teams needs!

At 6'3'' 220 lbs, Owens gives the Bills that big target they were hoping for when they drafted Hardy.

Now Tyke Tolbert needs to get to work on Owens drops. It may have been due to that finger injury and or maybe lack of focus, geterdone Tyke.

If nothing else this signing gives the Bills instant credibility on offense. It means opposing teams will be forced to leave single coverage on Lee Evans.

I now have some hope for the 09 season , Thanks Coach Jauron :thumbsup:

P.S. If only the Bills can get that TE they also desperately need, if not in FA then in the draft

I now have some hope for the 09 season , Thanks Coach Jauron :thumbdown:

What makes you think Dead Dick was in favor of signing one of the biggest personalities in the NFL? If I had to guess, it was not DJ who gave the go-ahead to get TO. Frankly speaking those two are about as different as oil and water.

This move was made when RW and Brandon had the chance to improve their team, at their price, and increase the team's visibility. Selling tickets probably went up, but it wasn't DJ who made this call.

What makes you think Dead Dick was in favor of signing one of the biggest personalities in the NFL? If I had to guess, it was not DJ who gave the go-ahead to get TO. Frankly speaking those two are about as different as oil and water.

This move was made when RW and Brandon had the chance to improve their team, at their price, and increase the team's visibility. Selling tickets probably went up, but it wasn't DJ who made this call.

Agreed, no way Jauron wanted to spice things up.

Agreed, no way Jauron wanted to spice things

You guys can speculate all you want but this deal does not get done without Jauron's consent. Dick's job and possibly his career as a coach is on the line this year. If he has another losing season he's finished. They have been trying to get a receiver in Buffalo since the Coles fiasco. Dick knows that his offense has been terrible for the past 3 years and keeping things status quo would only mean another under 500 season. Before the "TO" signing we were looking at a season probably no better than 5-11. Our division keeps getting better and until this move we have done nothing but in my opinion digress; especially after losing Greer. Why not take a shot at something different? There is no doubt that the team wins more games this year providing that they stay healthy. Dick had his hands all over this signing; you can bet on that...

It has been widely reported that Jauron was the catalyst behind the whole thing and that he was the one who lobbied hard for the Bills to go out and get him...

It has been widely reported that Jauron was the catalyst behind the whole thing and that he was the one who lobbied hard for the Bills to go out and get him...

Mort on sportscenter says despite what you have heard and read Jauron would not be the guy who wanted this to happen.

I think he may have gone along with it because his ass is on the line but it smacks of Ralph and Russ to me. Also, Rochester media seam to have sources who also confirm this but if you want give some credit to Dick he needs all the help he can get.

Guest dog14787

There are some conflicting reports though that say Jauron was not originally for TO coming to Buffalo and it was Ralph Wilson who pushed the issue so maybe its Ralph Wilson you need to thank.

Mort on sportscenter says despite what you have heard and read Jauron would not be the guy who wanted this to happen.

I think he may have gone along with it because his ass is on the line but it smacks of Ralph and Russ to me. Also, Rochester media seam to have sources who also confirm this but if you want give some credit to Dick he needs all the help he can get.

I trust Mort as much as your average crackhead. He's an @ss

Wow, that long?

When was the Coles fiasco?

What gave it fiasco status?

Beerball, since you won't listen to me here you go:

Per Sal Capaccio @ SalSports.com, coach Dick Jauron initiated the process, lobbying the front office (which is now essentially run by non-football guy Russ Brandon) to consider Owens.

from Sully's article

a sure sign that Jauron, the embattled head coach, needs to win this year and will do anything necessary to get there.

from Sully's article

a sure sign that Jauron, the embattled head coach, needs to win this year and will do anything necessary to get there.

So, does that include resigning as head coach?

I mean... he can still be our head sideline hand-clapper if he wants. Wouldn't want to take that away from him.

Seriously, this is a last-ditch effort for a dude who's done the best he can for the Bills (and "the best he can" sucks). Unless DJ totally turns around his mannerism of offense in the NFL as not much more than getting good field position for the defense, gets some testicular fortitude and smarts re: play-calling, challenge flags, believing in/challenging his players on 4th & 1 rather than demurring, and demanding his players perform better or else, then at best, this is just going to be a lot of money pocketed by an aging receiver.

At worst, it's going to get really ugly, really fast and DJ will have signed his own pink slip right c'here.

Beerball, since you won't listen to me here you go:

Per Sal Capaccio @ SalSports.com, coach Dick Jauron initiated the process, lobbying the front office (which is now essentially run by non-football guy Russ Brandon) to consider Owens.

from Sully's article

Again... Back in 2001 DJ had David Terrell... IMO, same physical attributes as TO and personal antics. Again, DJ had his best season at 13-3. Again, just saying.

Man, you really are a "negative nancy"...

I find it interesting that you make these claims despite all information stating just the contrary and that DJ is who wanted TO and pushed for it...so, what sources do you have that dispute all these other sources citing DJ as the catalyst to get TO? I mean, come on, do you even think before you post this stuff or do you just try to find the negative in everything...