Please remember the euphoria when we signed Drew Bledsoe

Im really liking this move. TO is a psycho but he will bring press and relevance to the Bills, who have been NFL Siberia the last few years. And if he acts up, cut him and lost virtually nothing.

Brilliant move.

well....we could actually be bigger laughingstocks than we have been. Besides sucking on the field, we were stupid enough to sign someone who's enough of a locker room cancer than even Al Davis wanted nothing to do with him. I mean, how bad do you have to be to have Al Davis not want you?

Hopefully it works out but things could get worse with this signing

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well....we could actually be bigger laughingstocks than we have been. Besides sucking on the field, we were stupid enough to sign someone who's enough of a locker room cancer than even Al Davis wanted nothing to do with him. I mean, how bad do you have to be to have Al Davis not want you?

Hopefully it works out but things could get worse with this signing

Why? They could simply cut him. Everyone is forgetting to note that it is a ONE YEAR deal.

Why? They could simply cut him. Everyone is forgetting to note that it is a ONE YEAR deal.

Actually, that's the brilliance of it. He might play hard for a better contract next year.

In any case, there's no comparison between him and Bledsoe. Bledsoe was a nice guy but only a good player. T.O. is a jerk but an elite player (though he does drop a lot of passes).

At this point, what did the Bills have to lose? Honestly, I just think it's hysterical. DJ and Trent and Turk are so far out of their depth on this one. They won't have any idea how to deal with him.

Who exactly is euphoric over TO? Good Lord...

Why sign a deep threat received when you don't trust your QB enough to THROW DEEP?!

We need a guy who can catch the dumb dink and dunk.

That said...I LOVE me some TO! Boo yeah!

This is the only reason that I'm scared about this. Now, if they traded Trent and a 1st for Cutler, game mofo on

This is the only reason that I'm scared about this. Now, if they traded Trent and a 1st for Cutler, game mofo on

Michael Vick, I'm telling you, Michael Vick. He's out in April. I cannot imagine the Bills signing him but...they signed TO.

I actually enjoyed TO. When he was with San Fran and came to Dallas and did that thing on the star it was GREAT! Nothing better than being in Dallas surrounded by chest-thumping Cowboy fans who just got all the air knocked right out of them...oh yes.

I don't know what Jauron is thinking. But I guess we'll find out. It would be a HOOT if the Bills to well with TO.

Bledsoe had arguably one of the best years ever (at least numbers wise) for a Bills QB. The main difference between the Bledsoe trade and this signing, is that we're not tied down to a multi-year contract, so if it doesn't work out, it's not a big deal. I don't think anyone on this board was holding their breath for a playoff appearance before this happened anyway. Signing TO for one year at a reasonable price is a great move, although to be honest, I can't stand the guy.

ask Philly and San Fran fans if the damage he did got all better after he was gone

I hear what you are saying, but my point remains, he did no damage to those teams, in his first year.

In fact, in his first year with a team, his numbers are remarkable...and there has been a "love affair" of sorts between him, the team, and the fans. Things soured down the line. He's on the Bills for one year, on a one-year contract. It's a big year, for him. I expect him to be the "rah! rah!" team guy, he has always been in his initial season...especially since he'll be playing for next year's contract, somewhere. (I doubt the Bills...but that's just a hunch.)

If, by chance, he gets into full-blown, TO mode, somewhere during the season, it probably doesn't matter. That likely means the Bills are losing, the TO experiment isn't working out, and the Bills could simply let him go, with very little future repercussion. No cap worries, FA period, etc...bye bye!

For TO to inflict the kind of damage he did on his former teams, he'd have to show up making trouble in day #1, and continue, non-stop, for the entire season.

You seem to expect to get "the bad" ("the real"?) TO on day #1...or at least think it is a good possibility.

I for one don't think Bledsoe trade acquisition, was that bad a move. Those Bills teams didn't not win because of the offense, they put up some numbers, especially his first hear here. Bledsoe was a team player, a big time leader and someone would would never be a threat to tear apart a team in midseason, all things that you can't say about Owens. I remember watching Bledsoe at training camp, every time the horn blew, he was the first player to run from station to station setting an example. He always had a positive attitude here, and did lead us to our last and just about only winning record in recent memory. Anyone who didn't realize that when we traded for Bledsoe that he was on the downside of his prime, doesn't follow football too close. Trading for Bledsoe and signing T.O. is a bad comparison, it is apples and oranges.

and I've commented a few times about how we can be happy that it's just a 1-year deal for those very reasons. There's no guarantee that he'll stick with that MO, though. He'll be under more constant scrutiny here than he was in Dallas, Philly, or San Fran...a lot harder to go anonymous in Buffalo...I have to wonder how that will affect him

Guest dog14787
I hear what you are saying, but my point remains, he did no damage to those teams, in his first year.

In fact, in his first year with a team, his numbers are remarkable...and there has been a "love affair" of sorts between him, the team, and the fans. Things soured down the line. He's on the Bills for one year, on a one-year contract. It's a big year, for him. I expect him to be the "rah! rah!" team guy, he has always been in his initial season...especially since he'll be playing for next year's contract, somewhere. (I doubt the Bills...but that's just a hunch.)

If, by chance, he gets into full-blown, TO mode, somewhere during the season, it probably doesn't matter. That likely means the Bills are losing, the TO experiment isn't working out, and the Bills could simply let him go, with very little future repercussion. No cap worries, FA period, etc...bye bye!

For TO to inflict the kind of damage he did on his former teams, he'd have to show up making trouble in day #1, and continue, non-stop, for the entire season.

You seem to expect to get "the bad" ("the real"?) TO on day #1...or at least think it is a good possibility.

and we also have to remember TO is getting older and more mature, and for Dallas to lay all the blame on TO for not achieving their goals this last season is just wrong. I mean didn't Tony Romo miss four games because of an injury he suffered at the hands of the same nasty defense that mowed TE down and helped screw up our season (Arizona).

The guy is still a beast on the football field, just him setting foot onto the field at the same time as Lee Evans, opens up Lee and we all know what he can do when he gets the ball in open spaces. We all know what both of them can do in open spaces,

I'm so excited!!!

......how'd that work out for us....and don't say there wasn't euphoria....we all practically wet ourselves over it when it happened :thumbsup:

That worked out pretty good for us, relatively speaking. Bledsoe came in and led the Bills to one 8-8 & one exciting 9-7 season out of his 3 years in Buffalo. Too bad he played one of his worse games as a Bill in the biggest one, at home against the Steelers to end the 2004 season, which if he had led them to a win, would have put them into the playoffs.

If Owens stays healthy the entire season (huge if at 35-36 years old), the potential is there for him to have a huge impact on the field for the Bills offense this year. After stupidly letting Coles go to the Bengals, I think this is a terrific bold move by the marketing man Brandon and his fellow circle jerks.

When Bledsoe came, our offense was on fire. They were an exciting team to watch and Bledsoe set team records that year as well as a pro bowl selection. TO is going to make our offense so much more excitng

Drew Bledsoe was a crappy player and the Patriots fleeced us. Terrell Owens is a good player that we didn't have to give up a first round pick for. No comparison.
Exactly. Plus TO gives 100% on the field & wants to win badly, all Brain Dead Drew cared about was cashing his paycheck. And at least TO is straight-forward, Drew was a silent cancer (the worst kind). :thumbsup: