Please remember the euphoria when we signed Drew Bledsoe

Exactly. Plus TO gives 100% on the field & wants to win badly, all Brain Dead Drew cared about was cashing his paycheck. And at least TO is straight-forward, Drew was a silent cancer (the worst kind). :thumbsup:

Your analogy of Drew Bledsoe is nothing more than garbage. Why do some posters feel the need to tear down someone for no reason. The guy rounded out an above average career in Buffalo and morons like you insist on treating him like he was a bum. Ignorant fans like you are the worst. I liked the move for Drew at the time and I would bet anything you did too. I like the move for TO as well and I hope he plays well here.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At least Drew added excitement here for a year- I like this move, the Bills have been painful to watch the last couple seasons, If T.O. can bring back a little bit of excitement that's wonderful- Good move Buffalo and those that know me know I don't say that much about the Bills

Your analogy of Drew Bledsoe is nothing more than garbage. Why do some posters feel the need to tear down someone for no reason. The guy rounded out an above average career in Buffalo and morons like you insist on treating him like he was a bum. Ignorant fans like you are the worst. I liked the move for Drew at the time and I would bet anything you did too. I like the move for TO as well and I hope he plays well here.
Junior, you would lose that bet. :thumbsup:

here's the real truth about the euphoria and drew bledsoe. maybe he wasn't ultimately going to be the answer, but conventional wisdom holds that if you bring a heavy-footed pocket quarterback and hang the mantle of leadership around his neck---give him a pocket to throw from. instead, we brought him over and after the initial 8 games, it was like a one long National Geographic documentary on the proud wildebeast and how the lions just seem to always catch 'em.

if you're going to have a player like TO come to town to draw double coverage and catch 70 passes----let's be sure Trent has some protection in front of him so that he can actually get the ball to Evans, Owens etc.

I love the move. We've been so vanilla for so long....Does it really matter if the Pats jack us twice without TO or with him?

......how'd that work out for us....and don't say there wasn't euphoria....we all practically wet ourselves over it when it happened :thumbdown:

actually this is more like the Patriots getting Randy Moss...a Hall of Famer who is not quite as good as he used to be, but still near the top of the NFL...

Even with Moss's monster year with 23 TD's in New England, over the past 3 years Owens has outgained Moss in total yardage(3459 to 3053), receptions(235 to 209), TD's(38 to 37), Yards after Catch(4.4 to 3.7), 1st downs(169 to 146), and Yards per Reception(15.2 to 14.5)...

Here are Evans numbers to compare over the past 3 years:

3158 yards, 200 receptions, 16 TDs, 4.1 YAC, 137 1st downs, 15.7 Yards per reception...now THAT is a dynamic duo...factor in Josh Reed on 3rd down against a nickel corner and this offense could be REALLY REALLY good next year...

I'd say this is gonna work out pretty good for us...Owens has something to prove, and he is never a problem in his first year anywhere...

Exactly. Plus TO gives 100% on the field & wants to win badly, all Brain Dead Drew cared about was cashing his paycheck. And at least TO is straight-forward, Drew was a silent cancer (the worst kind). :D

Right on.

It feels weird to say this... but wow, the front office is doing a nice job for a change! Aside from signing Ryan Fitzpatrick, they have hit on all their offseason moves! :thumbdown: