Top Posters In This Topic

Sweet! :thumbsup: I want one!

HELL YEA

T. F&&ing O.

I cant billieve it

I am juiced up, the Bills have more Balls than I thought

I am VERY VERY VERY impressed

I am buying my TO jersey just for historic reasoning

Even time TO scores a TD we should have our popcorn ready and toss it the air lol

Call it popcorn snow storm

TO TO T F&&&ing O

I turn 47 on the 16th and I, too remember the rockpile as a wee one. So I hear you. These past 10 years, however, have been agony. Now, I highly doubt TO will sign with the Bills - someone will simply offer him more.

But

If the Bills sign him to ONE YEAR deal, he will be playing for pride and next year's big deal (somewhere else). It is the only way I can imagine him being a "good citizen" and playing his butt off in Buffalo.

So, yes, a one year deal would be IMO fantastic

my 2 cents

you "old man"!

-RichNJoisy

CNJBBB

I turn 47 on the 16th and I, too remember the rockpile as a wee one. So I hear you. These past 10 years, however, have been agony. Now, I highly doubt TO will sign with the Bills - someone will simply offer him more.

But

If the Bills sign him to ONE YEAR deal, he will be playing for pride and next year's big deal (somewhere else). It is the only way I can imagine him being a "good citizen" and playing his butt off in Buffalo.

So, yes, a one year deal would be IMO fantastic

my 2 cents

you "old man"!

-RichNJoisy

CNJBBB

If my math is correct, you're the old fart! :thumbsup: Well, it happened just like you said. 1 yr deal. I'm glad

it isn't longer, as Owens' antics may not be tolerated for much longer than that. Time will tell.

I'll preface this by saying that I cannot stand TO on a personal level.

That said, I think this is a very good deal for Buffalo.

1) Even at his diminished level, his skills for 6.5 million is a bargain.

2) This provides us with a legitimate guage to judge is Trent Edwards is capable of being our future.

3) It's a one year deal... You don't marry the stripper (even though he'll be capable of showing us love for one season)

4) It makes Buffalo relevant again. When was the last time you can think of the national media talking about us? This will help with future FA signings.

5) It addresses a significant need, and allows us to draft a DE in the first round.

2) This provides us with a legitimate guage to judge is Trent Edwards is capable of being our future.

3) It's a one year deal... You don't marry the stripper (even though he'll be capable of showing us love for one season)

4) It makes Buffalo relevant again. When was the last time you can think of the national media talking about us? This will help with future FA signings.

5) It addresses a significant need, and allows us to draft a DE in the first round.

:thumbsup:

Exactly how I feel.

My only problem is if he implodes and how that effects next season and

more importantly, the ramifications to the franchise for years to come.

If my math is correct, you're the old fart! :worthy: Well, it happened just like you said. 1 yr deal. I'm glad

it isn't longer, as Owens' antics may be tolerated for much longer than that. Time will tell.

Damn math expert!! :thumbsup:

My wife is POed by the signing but I THINK she's calmed down.

I have posted this elsewhere today but my wife and talked about TO yesterday - about how he'd never come to Buffalo because it is "not his kind of town" (in other words, boring but in actuality is possesses something that none of his previous team's has had: Heart.

Too bad his contract did not have incentives which included "good behavior" since living in Buffalo might "save" him. His personality has always been completely egocentric but that is not only unusual in WNY but unacceptable.

He might...just might.... if he spends some time working with some charities/churches/social groups whatever, learn what the Grinch learned. It may sound corny but this guy is LOST (rich, famous but messed up)

Now, I hope he discovers this....but if he ONLY brings a few playoffs games, I will accept that :P

Go Bills

RichNJoisy (aka old fart)

I now think the Bills should look for a TE - either via a trade with Denver or drafting Pettigrew in rd 1. The TO signing means they plan to try and win THIS year. We need a pass catching TE....NOW.

(we can give AARON steroids.)

-RnJ

Too bad his contract did not have incentives which included "good behavior" since living in Buffalo might "save" him. His personality has always been completely egocentric but that is not only unusual in WNY but unacceptable.

He might...just might.... if he spends some time working with some charities/churches/social groups whatever, learn what the Grinch learned. It may sound corny but this guy is LOST (rich, famous but messed up)

Owen's problems have never been off the field. He becomes a knucklehead in the locker room and on the sidelines.

The minute TO steps on the field, he becomes far & away the most talented player to wear a Bills uniform this decade. :thumbsup:

I think You'll see now there is one Man who rivals His talent Bro...And He wears #83...

WOOT! :P