DE Jason Babin and LB Mike Peterson visiting today

DE Babin in for Bills visit

Chris Brown, Lead Journalist

Posted 10 minutes ago

The free agency parade continued at One Bills Drive Friday as Kansas City free agent defensive end Jason Babin was in Orchard Park to meet with the coaching staff. Babin was on three different NFL rosters in 2008, before finishing the season with the Chiefs.

Just before the start of the regular season the pass rusher was traded to Seattle for safety Michael Boulware on Sept. 1 and Babin played against the Bills in the season opener. Three weeks later the Seahawks released him due to a rash of injuries at the receiver position.

Babin was picked up by the Chiefs on Nov. 12 and played against the Bills again in Week 12. For the year he had 31 tackles and two sacks. He has 15 sacks in his six-year career, which has been limited due primarily to playing time opportunities.

The pass rusher began his career as a 3-4 outside linebacker with the Houston Texans, who made him a first round pick in 2004. Babin has since bulked up to 260 pounds to play end for the Seahawks and Chiefs this past season.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1...cc-06e1a97d34b7

LB Peterson visits with Bills

Chris Brown, Lead Journalist

Posted 4 minutes ago

There would be nothing wrong with adding a proven veteran to Buffalo’s linebacking corps, and the Bills had another one in for a visit Friday as free agent Mike Peterson was touring the facilities and meeting the coaches at One Bills Drive.

Peterson (6'1'', 238) is a 10-year veteran who played his last six seasons in Jacksonville where he played middle linebacker and served as defensive captain. He did have a falling out with Jaguars head coach Jack Del Rio, who removed him from the starting lineup for six games last season.

The Jaguars' leading tackler in three of his six seasons in Jacksonville, Peterson also led the Colts in tackles one season during his first four years in Indianapolis.

While with the Colts Peterson played outside linebacker, so it will be interesting to see were the Bills view the veteran as a possible fit.

Bills defensive coordinator Perry Fewell did admit at the NFL Combine that moving middle linebacker Paul Posluszny outside is a possible option.

Peterson turns 33 in June.

Buffalo also hosted Tampa free agent Cato June for a visit on Wednesday this week.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1...b6-2073e2b2d70c

yup yup

So not knowing who Jason Babin was exactly, I googled him. His Wikipedia page I found to be interesting.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jason_Babin

If you scroll down to the bottom, it says that he signed with the Bills March 6, 2008, which is clearly untrue. It says he signed a 3 year contract worth 12 million dollars. So I am assuming that it must be a typo because listed right before it is his time in KC. Because the news of him visiting just came out, I am assuming the poster on Wiki must have some kind of inside knowledge to have this up before the news of him visiting was even released. I will be itnerested to see if he signs, specifically for 3yrs/12 mill - anyone is better than Copelan Bryan

But somehow even more interesting is another qoute from Babin's Wikipedia page: "He was known for having a pre-game ritual where Friday nights before games Babin would eat an entire bucket of fried chicken bones and all to psych himself up"

He would be a perfect fit, isn't it? :wallbash:

So not knowing who Jason Babin was exactly, I googled him. His Wikipedia page I found to be interesting.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jason_Babin

If you scroll down to the bottom, it says that he signed with the Bills March 6, 2008, which is clearly untrue. It says he signed a 3 year contract worth 12 million dollars. So I am assuming that it must be a typo because listed right before it is his time in KC. Because the news of him visiting just came out, I am assuming the poster on Wiki must have some kind of inside knowledge to have this up before the news of him visiting was even released. I will be itnerested to see if he signs, specifically for 3yrs/12 mill - anyone is better than Copelan Bryan

The same wikipedia that said that Coles was a member of the Buffalo Bills... I think I'll hold my breath.

Babin was, "limited due to playing time opportunities?"

Amazing spin work there from Chris Brown. I'll translate and say he was a first round bust looking for his fourth team in 7 seasons. Have to give CB some credit there.

Babin certainly meets the Criteria for being a Bill... "C" list free agent with marginal backup potential. Git-r-done Russ.

He meets more than that. He is a "high motor" Defensive End (...you know, a white dude). This guys is as good as signed.

I think we need Mike Peterson's aggressive style in the middle. Admittedly 33 years of age is about when LB's start losing a step but I think he has 2 good years left and moving Poz outside would be better for his career. We improve two positions with one move. Let's get this deal done.

Can't believe we missed on Sean Jones. Another aggressive player who would have brought some balls to this defense.

Funny how Chris Brown referred to Babin twice as a pass rusher. Hope it wasn't too difficult for him to type while wearing the pom poms.

Actually Babin was a hell of a pass rusher....... But that was in college.

He meets more than that. He is a "high motor" Defensive End (...you know, a white dude). This guys is as good as signed.

sad but true. I want no part of him, unless he replaces kelsey after we cut him.