Is Ralph PREPARING to sell the Bills?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting the Redskins are #1 in revenue. Why? Because the politicians in D.C. are using our tax money to buy tickets and luxury suites.

Steelers were just above the Bills in operating income but won the Super Bowl. Shows a good and sound management team with a long standing workable strategy can outsmart a bunch of clueless big spenders.

Unfortunately for us, Mr. Wilson does not possess such a management team or approach and does not appear to be in any great rush to acquire either.

Buddy, get a clue. They're not buying the luxury suites, lobbyists are buying them to buy influence.

What politicians would you be accusing in your post? Congressman? Senators? It's not like they have a blank check with the Treasury to cash on the weekend...they do that during session with our tax money.

Now if you're talking about people buying season tickets or luxury suites for a college football season, then saying they are tax deductable, there's your problem.

Don't make silly accusatory or ill informed posts like that...you sound like an idiot.

Dear Steve,

Stupid thread.

Stupid thread title.

now now, I understand calling the thread stupid, but don't go after the name of the thread. It could have still been a good thread if it was "Bills being sold.......to the media as the best team ever in 6 years after winning 5 straight superbowls...."

Okay, you win, stupid thread title

now now, I understand calling the thread stupid, but don't go after the name of the thread. It could have still been a good thread if it was "Bills being sold.......to the media as the best team ever in 6 years after winning 5 straight superbowls...."

Okay, you win, stupid thread title

Well... Ask ANY business owner.. The SIGNS are there..

Heres the good news! Its only 90 minutes to drive to the games in Toronto...

Buddy, get a clue. They're not buying the luxury suites, lobbyists are buying them to buy influence.

What politicians would you be accusing in your post? Congressman? Senators? It's not like they have a blank check with the Treasury to cash on the weekend...they do that during session with our tax money.

Now if you're talking about people buying season tickets or luxury suites for a college football season, then saying they are tax deductable, there's your problem.

Don't make silly accusatory or ill informed posts like that...you sound like an idiot.

I was actually trying a bit of satire to in an attempt to inject some humor here given the disposition to gloom and doom. I appoligize if it was not to your liking.

I was actually trying a bit of satire to in an attempt to inject some humor here given the disposition to gloom and doom. I appoligize if it was not to your liking.

My bad, I like piling on politicians as much as I can too... I just thought it might have been another generic "damn all politicians" post... didn't realize the sarcasm

And by the way, I hate the Foreskins and I don't see to many non-DCers going to their games...the atmosphere is sterile, its hard to get to, the stadium sucks and they have a generic boring product

I apologize for those who have heard this before but the fact is there is no way the Bills will be sold prior to Wilson's death. I urge anyone who thinks that they will to take the time to read the following:

If Wilson were to sell the team he would be taxed on the appreciation that occurred during the time he has owned the team. His estate will then be taxed again at his death on the proceeds of the sale.

However, if he does not sell the team and passes away, he will not pay capital gains tax, rather, only the estate tax will be applied.

In essence if he sells he will be taxed twice, rather than once if he does not sell. The taxes by the way will be massive given the fact the asset we are talking about is worth between 7 and 800 million, and nearly every sent of that value has been appreciation.

[This is an automated response]

As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive subject lines. The topic starter can edit the subject line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.

I apologize for those who have heard this before but the fact is there is no way the Bills will be sold prior to Wilson's death. I urge anyone who thinks that they will to take the time to read the following:

If Wilson were to sell the team he would be taxed on the appreciation that occurred during the time he has owned the team. His estate will then be taxed again at his death on the proceeds of the sale.

However, if he does not sell the team and passes away, he will not pay capital gains tax, rather, only the estate tax will be applied.

In essence if he sells he will be taxed twice, rather than once if he does not sell. The taxes by the way will be massive given the fact the asset we are talking about is worth between 7 and 800 million, and nearly every sent of that value has been appreciation.

i thought we already had a 'tbone' -