Ask Tim Graham

Lori

Tim,

In 3 years when Lauvale Sape is eligible for the Pro Football Hall of Fame do you see him being a first ballot player or one that might need 3-4 tries to be elected? :thumbsup:

I think the selection committee needs to correct the injustice of Leif Larsen not being in the Hall before they can induct Sape.

• Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the selection committee needs to correct the injustice of Leif Larsen not being in the Hall before they can induct Sape.

You seriously dont want to anger the Lauvale Sape fan club and its 9 on the fence members.. We are a very powerful group of people.... :thumbsup:

Where are you getting these sack stats? Is this from billyjoetoadlickersopinion.com?  Is Fantasy Stats Advantage the original source? If so, who are they? What do they know? How do they compile them? I don't see anything whatsoever on their site which makes these stats seem the slightest bit legitimate.

The 11.5 is bogus, and the 6.0 is really bogus. I saw the stats on a blog if I remember correctly, but is it anyone who has any knowledge whatsoever of who Peters was supposed to be blocking on which play? Do they count sacks that happen after 5 seconds? Do you know?

These numbers come from STATS Inc.

Tim, if there is no salary cap in 2010, then there would be no salary cap penalties. Wouldn't this allow teams to dump all of their bad contracts without the threat of "dead money against the cap"? The more I read about this uncapped year, the more I think it's actually a benefit to the owners, and a bad thing for the non-superstar players.

The uncapped year is confusing to many, and I'm in that lot. Much like the NHL lockout when I covered the Sabres, I'll become an expert on it eventually, but right now there are so many wacky hypothetical stipulations that can arise, few people know what's really going to happen if a new CBA doesn't get hammered out.

I'm just sharing what my insiders tell me. Larsen ... then Sheldon Jackson ... then Sape.

No Norwegian has ever been placed before a Samoan... Ever... But I am just pretty happy that you were kind enough to indulge the ridiculousness of the Lauvale Fan club for a few moments.

These numbers come from STATS Inc.

Thanks, Tim. They are reputable, aren't they? The reason I ask is that the Bills had said that Peters by their reckoning had been responsible for a half a sack that year.

I went to the website but couldn't get anything related. Maybe you have to pay.

Tim, there was a rumor going around that the Bills had been offered the 21st and Philly's 3rd rounder and instead opted for the 28th and the 4th and next year's sixth. The only related thing I could find, a Clark Judge story and a Buffalo Rumblings story which basically just quotes Judge, never mention the 21st as having been involved.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/11642184/rss

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2009/4/17/...-bills-trade-of

That would be absolutely shocking to me if the Bills asked to go from 21st to 28th. Have you heard anything?

Thanks again.

Thanks, Tim. They are reputable, aren't they? The reason I ask is that the Bills had said that Peters by their reckoning had been responsible for a half a sack that year.

I went to the website but couldn't get anything related. Maybe you have to pay.

Tim, there was a rumor going around that the Bills had been offered the 21st and Philly's 3rd rounder and instead opted for the 28th and the 4th and next year's sixth. The only related thing I could find, a Clark Judge story and a Buffalo Rumblings story which basically just quotes Judge, never mention the 21st as having been involved.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/11642184/rss

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2009/4/17/...-bills-trade-of

That would be absolutely shocking to me if the Bills asked to go from 21st to 28th. Have you heard anything?

Thanks again.

STATS Inc. is a subscription service and is reputable. It's partly owned by the Associated Press. ESPN doesn't subscribe to STATS, choosing instead Elias Sports Bureau, but Elias doesn't do sacks allowed.

Hey Tim,

Any updates on Kelsay being shopped? And do you think he will survive camp if the Bills use #11 on a DE?

Is there a chat today?

No chat today. I'm visiting the folks in Ohio, and they live in Amish country. My air card is highly unreliable out here. It would make for a maddening chat with my signal getting dropped every 10 minutes.

I'm not hearing any Kelsay rumblings at the moment, but I've been traveling the past couple days (flew to Buffalo on Thursday for some house shopping, drove to Ohio today). But stay tuned.

Tim,

In previous years, Chris Berman always had a "cabbie" who seemed to know who the Bills were going to take in the first round. Recently, he's had no idea. Do you know who his insider was that no longer is part of the Bills organization?

Also, I find it sad that Berman isn't able to do that anymore. He always kept it close to the vest and didn't say anything until they were making their pick. I think this really helped boost the image of the Bills during draft day.

Tim,

Any chance the Bills will trade their newly minted 4th Round pick for Henderson on draft day? This seems like a better option than hoping Raji falls to 11 and Henderson would really help out the DL in the middle, and a Fourth Rounder really wouldn't be a heavy price.

Thanks.