Ask Tim Graham

Lori

Hard to say because each situation is different. They did pay Evans and Stroud in the past 2 years.

Right, because a DT on the the other side and a WR is more important than an "in his prime" LT.

Quite simply, this organization is clueless when it comes to putting together a winning team.

Protect your QB and get to the opposing QB. Simple as that. Wanna guess the two weakest units are right now on the Bills?

• Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any word on the conditions of the pick? How high can it go and what are the incentives?

Thanks.

Not sure, and it might not be conditional at all anymore.

That pick still was being haggled over when the story broke this afternoon. The 28th and the fourth were certain, but the extra 2010 pick was a little up in the air.

It might have settled in at a sixth rounder without conditions. I'm still trying to get that confirmed.

That pick still was being haggled over when the story broke this afternoon. The 28th and the fourth were certain, but the extra 2010 pick was a little up in the air.

It might have settled in at a sixth rounder without conditions. I'm still trying to get that confirmed.

Moo-chose Gracias!!! :D

Right, because a DT on the the other side and a WR is more important than an "in his prime" LT.

Quite simply, this organization is clueless when it comes to putting together a winning team.

Protect your QB and get to the opposing QB. Simple as that. Wanna guess the two weakest units are right now on the Bills?

I did say each situation is different. I did not say I agreed with it.

They didn't lose Peters because they didn't identify the position as more important then a dt or wr. They let him go because of how he was conducting his efforts to re do a contract..because he was pricing himself as one of the top 3 lt. Stroud and Evans were asking for money at the appropriate values, and in a positive fashion...

How Peters conducted himself on the field (or lack thereof) and in the negotiating room is why he is in Philly...not be OBD can't determine the importance of a LT....

How Peters conducted himself on the field (or lack thereof) and in the negotiating room is why he is in Philly...not be OBD can't determine the importance of a LT....

It takes two to tango. I seem to recall the FO puffing out their collective chest in front of the media and announcing that they weren't going to negotiate at all with Peters until he came in to camp and went to work like any other replaceable part on the team.

4:17 AM? Do you ever sleep? :D

I'd just like to say that, Tim, you rock! It's truly a priviledge to get your input and "insider" info like this. Thanks for all!

Ya know what's really odd... we all just believe what you say and I don't even know what kind of car you drive. That, in and of itself, says something. Not sure what, but something.

It takes two to tango. I seem to recall the FO puffing out their collective chest in front of the media and announcing that they weren't going to negotiate at all with Peters until he came in to camp and went to work like any other replaceable part on the team.

Right Sisyphean. Like every "replaceable part" on the team, you should show up to work. Most here know that I am far from sold on Trent Edwards, but the guy is unquestionably the starting Qb for the Buffalo Bills. He is not paid like one. He has just as much room to gripe as Peters, IMO. Lee Evans had more room. Marcus Stroud felt he deserved a little more. These other players, show up and do their job. How dare the Bills expect the almighty Jason Peters to follow suit and act like the other "replaceable parts".

Right Sisyphean. Like every "replaceable part" on the team, you should show up to work. Most here know that I am far from sold on Trent Edwards, but the guy is unquestionably the starting Qb for the Buffalo Bills. He is not paid like one. He has just as much room to gripe as Peters, IMO. Lee Evans had more room. Marcus Stroud felt he deserved a little more. These other players, show up and do their job. How dare the Bills expect the almighty Jason Peters to follow suit and act like the other "replaceable parts".

You don't reward any player who doesn't act like making your team a winner is their goal. Why do you even want a player like that on your team? They could be the greatest ever but if they don't care about the team or their teammates what good are they? Blowing off training camp, showing up fat and out of shape, and then quitting on the team with two games left is the ultimate show of disrespect. You'd have to be an idiot to give that kind of player a mega-salary. Maybe Peters fly right with Philly but he was done with the Bills.

PTR

I've said it a few times before on record that I think Parker/Peters mishandled the situation. It was two goats digging in their heels and butting heads... It doesn't mean one goat is smarter than the other. Although, Peters did get out of Buffalo, which I think was his mindset after Brandon and Parker accused each other of not being able to dial the other's phone number for whatever reason.

Tim,

There's a rumor on a website called profootballcentral.com that says the Bills are trying to trade for DT John Henderson. Naturally, this has many Bills fans excited and giddy over the thought of reuniting Stroud with his old linemate.

Here's the link to the TSW thread: http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showtopic=87178

Can you comment on this? I know John Clayton said the Bills weren't done dealing, so maybe this is something being seriously explored by the Bills and Jags.

Tim,

There's a rumor on a website called profootballcentral.com that says the Bills are trying to trade for DT John Henderson. Naturally, this has many Bills fans excited and giddy over the thought of reuniting Stroud with his old linemate.

Here's the link to the TSW thread: http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showtopic=87178

Can you comment on this? I know John Clayton said the Bills weren't done dealing, so maybe this is something being seriously explored by the Bills and Jags.

great question! Tim, I think a lot of us would like to know more about this, if there is any validity to it.