Leonard to the Jets

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/03/03/...joins-the-jets/

Someone tell me that Jim Leonard didn't hit the lottery playing next to Ed Reed last year. As we all know here, Leonard is a nice player, but nothing but an average safety with average speed.

This signing is good for us. Let's hope he starts.

UPDATE: http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/03/03/...g-for-leonhard/

Why is this guy so sought after? I don't understand. Did aliens enter his body after he left Buffalo making him a superstar?

Someone tell me that Jim Leonard didn't hit the lottery playing next to Ed Reed last year. As we all know here, Leonard is a nice player, but nothing but an average safety with average speed.

I agree.

Good!

I see him getting signed by the Jets as a plus for us and a liability for them

I agree....I can envision him getting there a step and a half late on a 70 yd bomb to Evans....or a 15 yd out to Reed.

Even though he made a few INts here, he looked like a 40 year old father trying to cover his 16 year old kid.

I agree....I can envision him getting there a step and a half late on a 70 yd bomb to Evans....or a 15 yd out to Reed.

Even though he made a few INts here, he looked like a 40 year old father trying to cover his 16 year old kid.

ya, who was bigger than him too

The only thing good about Leonard is he is very smart. He knows not only his own responsebility, but everyones else's around him. But he has very average skills. He will look like he did playing for Buffalo with the J-E-T-S. But good for him on cashing in.

If Ray leaves Baltimore and Scott is already gone. Last year Suggs left. Rolle wants out. The master mind behind the D is gone in Ryan. Maybe this team doesn't look so good this year. Their offense was average. Which is all they needed to be. But i have a feeling we are seeing their stronghold on a great D ending.

With all that said watch him get 2 INT's off of Trent, return a punt for a TD, and break up a pass in the 4th quarter that preserves a victory for the Jets when we play them in Buffalo :rolleyes:

Source: Jets, Broncos vying for S Leonhardby Alex Marvez

Alex Marvez is a Senior NFL Writer for FOXSports.com. He's covered the NFL for 14 seasons as a beat writer and is president emeritus of the Pro Football Writers of America.

add this RSS blog email print

Updated: March 3, 2009, 12:25 PM EST 10 comments The free-agent happy Denver Broncos are trying to pry away what was thought to be a slam dunk signing for Rex Ryan and the New York Jets.

NFL OFFSEASONOffseason Player Trackers:Track offseason moves by your favorite team and division.

NFC EAST | NORTH | SOUTH | WEST

AFC EAST | NORTH | SOUTH | WEST

A late bid by the Broncos has Ravens safety Jim Leonhard reconsidering his verbal agreement to sign a free-agent contract with the Jets, a source told FOXSports.com.

Leonhard was was a one of Baltimore's biggest defensive surprises last year after signing a free-agent deal with the Ravens. The ex-Bills safety registered a career-high 68 tackles and six passes defended for Baltimore's No. 2-ranked defense in 2008.

He would join Bart Scott in leaving the vaunted Ravens' defense this offseason, possibly following former defensive coordinator and new Jets head coach Rex Ryan to New York.

If he leaves as expected, Leonhard will be replaced in the Ravens' lineup by three-year veteran Dawan Landry (who was on injured reserve for all of 2008) starting oppostie All-Pro Ed Reed.

Good for Jimmy but I still can't believe how overrated he got here. People forget that after the Pittsburgh game in 2007, the Steelers basically said they were picking on JL. Best hope is to get JL on a few matchups with Lee Evans deep.

To be fair...Jim did pick off Roethlisberger that day.

he's a good player. he's smart and knows what he's supposed to do in a complex defense. He isn't the kind of athlete that can cover half the field though, like safeties need to be able to do in our defense.

A fair assessment, words like that, irks a lot of folks here - the solid cadre that get their jollies seemingly only by denigrating other teams, and go and lick themselves by blurting out that any player that doesn't bend over to sign for the Bills is therefore worthless and any team that does clearly has overpaid...

:cry:

UPDATE: http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/03/03/...g-for-leonhard/

Why is this guy so sought after? I don't understand. Did aliens enter his body after he left Buffalo making him a superstar?

Token white guy in the secondary. NYC's been without one since Sehorn retired.