I want to buy a jersey

major

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

For once, I have some disposable income (thanks to IRS refund). I want to buy a Bills jersey; however, there isn't a player on our current team that I want to purchase (I can think of plenty of former players I would like to have, but none on the current roster). I lean towards an Edwards jersey. Any suggestions? I wonder if our front office knows they are losing money from people like me.

Last year, I made some budget cuts and didn't purchase the NFL Sunday ticket. I missed watching our Bills play each Sunday; however, when they were on national TV last year, they made me realize I made a wise decision by not spending the $ for the entire package.

Like I said, I want to spend some money on the Bills, but it's hard to find something worthwhile right now. Seriously, I should probably donate that money to a charity or my church. I am sure they can put it to better use.

If you're looking to get a Jersey of someone who is going to do something exciting and stick around a while, probably start looking at a Brady Jersey or something along those lines.

If you're looking to pick a Bills Jersey, I would save your money and wait and see who they draft. There probably isn't anyone on the current team that might stick around longer than 2 more years other than possibly Evans, McKelvin or maybe Fine.

same boat, finally bought a jersey after 20+ years. McGahee, ugh.

so last year i bought a Tasker Throwback. cant beat it.

I had a Tasker jersey made about 8 years ago and met him in San Diego. He didn't believe that I had the jersey made years before the meet and greet!

A sensible route is to get one and have your name put on the back with your favorite number. This is almost always scoffed at here by numerous posters, who apparently have money trees in their yards and like to spur fellow fans to dump cash into the team/NFL coffers every couple of years. But if you don't want it to be obsolete and an expensive closet decoration w/in 3 years.... Going this way, I'd probably go with the third-jersey throwbacks, for longevity purposes, b/c I have to believe the next owner will dump the navy blues, while the throwbacks are very popular b/c they look sharp (I think the throwbacks are TD's best move as GM. Which is kinda sad). Also kinda sad that I don't have anyone on the team that I cheer for like back in the day. I root for the laundry. In my mind, this makes it a little easier to put your own name.

Or, as suggested, go with a retired vet (there are some nameplate rules depending where you order it e.g. someone tried to order a specific player on a specific style jersey and NFLstore said they couldn't fulfill the order due to legal restrictions).

I'm past the stage of buying/wearing a jersey tho. Just seems like a waste of good money. :thumbsup:

Only ever buy past players jersey's. If you buy a JP jersey like I did you can lose $90. I have a Thurman and Reed jersey. JCpenny's had a good deal on a Lynch jersey so I have that too but you never know how a player will turn out until after they retire.