Mr. Dockery Goes To Washington

I don't get it either....there seems to be no penalty for what their doing.

I thought teams cut guys to "free up" money so they can sign players.

I would love to get an explanation from somewhere....

I just asked Tim Graham for the answer. Should he reply, I'll post it on TBD if he doesn't.

1. Dockery is the most overpaid interior OL in the NFL.

2. Washington will still miss the playoffs in 2009.

3. The Redskins are staying under the cap this season, but have to be banking on no cap in 2010.

Dont get me wrong, I'm not complaining about the Skins signing Dockery. I was as happy as everyone was to get rid of the turnstile.

Just amazed that the Skins can keep spending money like this.

http://blogs.nfl.com/category/adam-schefter/

Anyone have ANY idea how the Skins can stay under the cap?

The cap is a complete fiction. It has been for years. It animated fans in 1995-2000, but ever since it's been used by owners to a) bamboozle fans (because it involves math) and b) provide rationalizations for cutting semi-popular players they simply don't want anymore.

Somewhere a Skins fan is thinking, "Wow, this guy is 6'6 and 350 lbs. Even if he's only half talented, he's an improvement over what we had."

Good luck with that little dream Redskin Nation.

Yeah...except he came from there before he signed with the bills! They should know full well what they are getting!

Yeah...except he came from there before he signed with the bills! They should know full well what they are getting!

I remember when we signed him a lot of their message boards talked about how lazy he seemed to be and how he took plays off. We ignored them, calling the fans bitter they lost out on a supreme talent like Dockery.

Ah, good times.

1. Dockery is the most overpaid interior OL in the NFL.

2. Washington will still miss the playoffs in 2009.

3. The Redskins are staying under the cap this season, but have to be banking on no cap in 2010.

But But But.................

THEY HAVE BEEN ACTIVE SIGNIGN FREE AGENTS AND BUFFALO HASN"T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Obviously the Redskins are going to be a superior team now!!!!

Yeah, this is simply great news.....Now we can run and resign Tutan Reyes, or Bennie the blubber again. Dockery certainly wasn't a superstar (although paid like one), but far better than the bums we've had in recent years. Who is going to take his place? Maybe Chris Villerial is ready to make a comeback, or, oh yes....this is it....Jim Richter is trading in his wings for yet another shot....

Crap, all this means is we have yet another huge hole to fill and right now folks, the cupboard is bare,,,,,

Yeah, this is simply great news.....Now we can run and resign Tutan Reyes, or Bennie the blubber again. Dockery certainly wasn't a superstar (although paid like one), but far better than the bums we've had in recent years. Who is going to take his place? Maybe Chris Villerial is ready to make a comeback, or, oh yes....this is it....Jim Richter is trading in his wings for yet another shot....

Crap, all this means is we have yet another huge hole to fill and right now folks, the cupboard is bare,,,,,

Dockery was no better than the bums the Bills had before him. What a waste of time and money he was. :D