I feel bad for Fred Jackson

major

The Buffalo Bills retained Fred Jackson's rights with a one-year tender for the minimum $460,000, according to an NFL source. If this is true, I feel bad for Fred. Fred Jackson is one of the few Bills players that shows heart when he plays. I can't believe we didn't offer him a real deal; especially, in light of having Fred Taylor in for a visit and Lynch's most recent off the field antics. This minimum offer is an insult. Fred Jackson is better than Lynch.

What is up at One Bills Drive? Show Fred the money.

The Buffalo Bills retained Fred Jackson's rights with a one-year tender for the minimum $460,000, according to an NFL source. If this is true, I feel bad for Fred. Fred Jackson is one of the few Bills players that shows heart when he plays. I can't believe we didn't offer him a real deal; especially, in light of having Fred Taylor in for a visit and Lynch's most recent off the field antics. This minimum offer is an insult. Fred Jackson is better than Lynch.

What is up at One Bills Drive? Show Fred the money.

Ok, this is like the 5th thread on this including the one just below this on the front page...

Hopefully for the last time this is said, but they HAD to give him the one year tender to keep him. It does not mean Buffalo wont offer him a long term contract...this is a formality...

I don't like it, either. It is better than a crappy long term deal, though (for Fred, that is).

I think Fred might actually make out better in the long run, because of the one year tenure, if he continues to play at a high level. I think it is possible that Fred preferred this to what the Bills were offering for a multi-year deal.

Ok, this is like the 5th thread on this including the one just below this on the front page...

Hopefully for the last time this is said, but they HAD to give him the one year tender to keep him. It does not mean Buffalo wont offer him a long term contract...this is a formality...

Was today the deadline? If so, then I agree, it is likely procedural. I knew they were talking about a multi-year deal.

What did you expect from our second rate FO? This strategy can blow up in the Bills' face. What if Freddie receives an offer the Bills won't be willing to match? Then we might have our star RB lost to a possible suspension and no back-up. The Bills should have re-signed FJ months ago.

Stop wasting for breath. It get frustrating. Some just don't get it.

exactly, if people arent going to at least read the article, they should read the posts in the threads before reacting.

Some people just want to find stuff to be outraged about. Forget about the fact that every article, when you actually read it, states it is only a procedure which needs to take place before Friday or else he becomes an UFA.

this one is becoming good comedy...

an offer must be tendered otherwise that player becomes an UFA. By tendering the offer the Bills still hold the rights to jackson

I am 100% confident a long term deal is being hammered out for Jackson

this one is becoming good comedy...

an offer must be tendered otherwise that player becomes an UFA. By tendering the offer the Bills still hold the rights to jackson

I am 100% confident a long term deal is being hammered out for Jackson

The only problem I have with just a tender is the fact that other teams can offer FJ a large contract that Buffalo will not match. I'd rather have FJ than just about any other FA running back.

The only problem I have with just a tender is the fact that other teams can offer FJ a large contract that Buffalo will not match. I'd rather have FJ than just about any other FA running back.

No they can't. He's an ERFA, meaning he's property of the Bills once they tender him. No one can make him any offers. He has 3 choices. Play for the Bills under the tender. Negotiate a long term contract with the Bills. Or Sit the season out.