Railroading Lynch

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

from the details that are coming out, this sounds like a classic case of racial profiling. I mean come on...the first thing you heard about were 4 black men standing around a mercedes benz. Exactly what did that have to do with anything? Why would the police even bring that up? Would they bring it up if it were 4 white guys dressed in suits standing around a mercedes benz? Heck no!! That just about says all you need to know. The police figured these guys had to be drug dealers to have a car like that, and they decided to try and find drugs in the car, during which they found a gun in the trunk. The DA will probably ask the police officers what were the suspects doing that prompted them to search them? The police will reiterate there were 4 black guys standing around an expensive car, at which point the DA will decide that unless he wants to be publicly embarrassed by Lynch's lawyers in a public trial, he will likely not pursue any charges...

Can we put the whole racial profiling thing to rest now?

http://www.wgrz.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=64253

Tankenson tells 2 On Your Side's Adam Benigni police approached the black Mercedes Lynch and two others were sitting in it was parked suspiciously with the engine running, and that the car didn't have proper license plates.

"They (officers) knocked on the window of the car. Someone unrolled the window. They saw three people in the car and they could smell a strong odor - marijuana coming from the car. They had the occupants exit so they could further investigate to see if there was any marajuana in the car. What they found were four, not marajuana cigarettes - what they call blunts or swisher sweets that appeared to contain marijuana in them," says Tankenson.

I recently had a ticket for an overdue inspection that was $75 and they issue a fine of $100 for hitting a pedestrain and leaving the scene of the accident.

The system failed that woman in the worst way.

It was and still is shameful.

How did it fail her? There was NO evidence to convict Lynch of anything other than what he got. Hell even the cops were saying that he probably didn't know he hit her. You want to charge him with, what, a felony, even a misdemeanor, because you THINK he was drinking, driving drunk, and knew he hit her, despite no evidence at all to support those claims, and in fact, evidence to the contrary?

And she likely got a nice settlement out of it and Lynch's license was revoked. What did you expect the appropriate pound of flesh to be? What if it were you and not Lynch?

Either you can't explain why the author is a fool or you believe that if not everyone agrees with you, they must some how be stupid. I'm not saying you're a fool but if you can't explain your reason the author is a fool then you might be a fool. If it's that simple that we are idiots if we have to ask you why you think the article is foolish, then it should be very easy to explain why you feel that way. Or we can continue to be idiots & you can continue to make statements w/out backing them up with reason other than the theory that you are right & we are idiots for not knowing that you are right with your eternal knowingness. <_<

I challenge anyone to read this really fast three times in a row without falling down in a seizure.

Don't hate the player, hate the system.

Hate? Frankly, the shelf life on a RB is too short to care all that much about "the player". All you jock sniffers need to keep that in mind when you are rationalizing ways to defend idiotic behavior on the part of the renter in jersey #23. What matters here is how it affects the success of the team, and it looks like #23 ain't going to be paying his first months rent next fall.

That said, he hasn't had a 100 yard game before November in either of his first two years, so maybe a suspension wouldn't be the undoing of his 2000 yard season afterall. Hell, maybe the top RB's in the AFC will have other things to do again in February next year and Lynch may even still get another invite to the Pro Bowl.

Hate? Frankly, the shelf life on a RB is too short to care all that much about "the player". All you jock sniffers need to keep that in mind when you are rationalizing ways to defend idiotic behavior on the part of the renter in jersey #23. What matters here is how it affects the success of the team, and it looks like #23 ain't going to be paying his first months rent next fall.

I'm like you in that I don't care unless it takes him off the field. But I'm not going to worry about him missing time until he's charged with something, and Goodell acts (or doesn't).

That said, he hasn't had a 100 yard game before November in either of his first two years, so maybe a suspension wouldn't be the undoing of his 2000 yard season afterall. Hell, maybe the top RB's in the AFC will have other things to do again in February next year and Lynch may even still get another invite to the Pro Bowl.

The Bills lost all 3 games in which Lynch rushed for 100 yards this past season.

Lynch "railroaded"??? <_<

You must be joking. Any other hood rat would be looking at 5-10. Lynch will probably be in uniform on opening day and it's unlikely he will spend a single night in prison.

I can't agree with that kota. The article has little to do with Lynch's case. It's basically an emotional tirade against current gun laws. Now I happen to disagree with many of the gun laws in our country, but that's not the issue. The fact is Lynch broke the law and should be held accountable under it.

The article goes on to complain about the reasons for his arrest. What was the probable cause? I don't know. Neither does the author. Let's just allow due process to take its course.

Most fans are basically hypocrites and I'll readily admit to being one of them. I want football players who act like thugs to be punished but I also want the Bills' #1 RB to be on the field. But for those people who think that wealth and fame isn't an excuse to fail to act like a responsible citizen, I certainly won't condemn them to 'throwing Lynch under the bus'. Maybe they just want criminals (again, assuming due process is carried out) punished.

Now this is where the argument really breaks down. So what? How does his prior experience alter his rights under the law or within society? If he's so worried about getting shot, perhaps he ought to avoid places where that tends to happen, and avoid carrying weapons that are more likely than not to provoke such an incident in the first place.

The bottom line is that these guys still want to stick to the thug lifestyle even after they strike it rich and sometimes there is a price to be paid for that behavior. If this incident harms Lynch's career or life, 100% of the blame lies with himself.

Excellent post. Sure, you get shot at in college. Sh1t happens. 2nd time, he is driving the car in a hit and run. Everyone makes mistakes, right? 3rd time, carrying a loaded weapon without a permit. Well...he's been shot at before...or...maybe the police shouldn't have pulled him over...um...Marshawn's the victim here. C'mon, let's get real here. Perhaps people are throwing him under the bus because he has a well-established pattern with violence and breaking the law. Wake up. It's Lynch being Lynch. We may complain about Peter's greed, but has he broken any laws? Or Evans? Jackson? Why aren't they finding themselves in these situations?

...at which point the DA will decide that unless he wants to be publicly embarrassed by Lynch's lawyers in a public trial, he will likely not pursue any charges...

And how would the public react once they find out a famous NFL RB had his charges of carrying an illegal gun suddenly dropped? There would also be outrage. The public is becoming less and less tolerant of these rich athletes thinking and acting like they are above the law.

Maybe its being young, or just stupid, but these professional athletes are going to have to realize everything they do will be viewed under the microscope. Sitting in a parked car with a bunch of his dogs smoking blunts? With a loaded gun in the trunk? How did he think this situation was going to turn out? Edward probably smokes blunts too, but in the privacy of his house, likely with no gun or, if he has one, responsibly locked up.

How did it fail her? There was NO evidence to convict Lynch of anything other than what he got. Hell even the cops were saying that he probably didn't know he hit her. You want to charge him with, what, a felony, even a misdemeanor, because you THINK he was drinking, driving drunk, and knew he hit her, despite no evidence at all to support those claims, and in fact, evidence to the contrary?

And she likely got a nice settlement out of it and Lynch's license was revoked. What did you expect the appropriate pound of flesh to be? What if it were you and not Lynch?

No, after 3 or 4 weeks of not cooperating with a hit and run investigation, there was surprisingly little evidence of possible drunk driving. What was the evidence to the contrary that he was drinking?

What if it were me?

If the cops came to my house and I don't know why---I answer the door and say, "what's up gentlemen?"

If I don't hear the doorbell, and I see the cops towing away my Porsche----I run out into the driveway and say "yo,yo,YO! Where you takin my RIDE?"

Where was there evidence to the contrary that he hit her?

Ahhhh Duhhh he confessed that he hit her, he plead guilty.

He didn't plead guilt because there was evidence that he didn't hit her.

Good Lord where do they dig these people up from!

It's very interesting that some rubes are making this some sort of racial inevitability: Lynch is an eternally endangered black man and the Culver City cops are out to get the black man (even though we don't know the race of the cops).

Meanwhile--we note that another Cali boy--Trent Edwards---- made it another week without getting caught in a Mercedes filled with a cannibus cloud and a loaded weapon in the trunk. No, in fact, he, along with Butler, Fowler and Denney are taking advantage of a program sponsored by the NFL through the nation's top business schools to explore entrepreneurial opportunities during and after football.

Go figure.

It's very interesting that some rubes are making this some sort of racial inevitability: Lynch is an eternally endangered black man and the Culver City cops are out to get the black man (even though we don't know the race of the cops).

Meanwhile--we note that another Cali boy--Trent Edwards---- made it another week without getting caught in a Mercedes filled with a cannibus cloud and a loaded weapon in the trunk. No, in fact, he, along with Butler, Fowler and Denney are taking advantage of a program sponsored by the NFL through the nation's top business schools to explore entrepreneurial opportunities during and after football.

Go figure.

Good point, I'd like to hear what these flunkies would have to say if they found out that they arresting officers were black.

I'd also like to hear thier reaction if anyone tried to accuse the beloved marshawn of being racist.

They'd throw a tantrum.

It would be a revealing experiment to wait a couple of weeks and throw something like that into a post.

Without a doubt we would find that is acceptable to accuse officers of being racist with no evidence, but it would be absolutely abhorent to do the same to a football player.

The person who wrote the article is a fool.

Does that make me a fool for agreeing with him? He is right, Lynch has every right to own that gun, the same way I have every right to own my gun, and you own a gun if you so choose. The Framers of the Constitution, in writing the Second Amendment, specifically mention the right not only to own, but CARRY a weapon. The Right to Bear Arms. By definition, Bear- To carry from one place to another; transport. http://www.thefreedictionary.com/bear Current US law has strayed from the true meaning of the law as it was written, and if you want to get pissed at the guy for not having the proper paperwork, then fine. Now before we get too political, I would like my guaranteed Constitutional rights upheld please.

Does that make me a fool for agreeing with him? He is right, Lynch has every right to own that gun, the same way I have every right to own my gun, and you own a gun if you so choose. The Framers of the Constitution, in writing the Second Amendment, specifically mention the right not only to own, but CARRY a weapon. The Right to Bear Arms. By definition, Bear- To carry from one place to another; transport. http://www.thefreedictionary.com/bear Current US law has strayed from the true meaning of the law as it was written, and if you want to get pissed at the guy for not having the proper paperwork, then fine. Now before we get too political, I would like my guaranteed Constitutional rights upheld please.

Well if you are true to your beliefs you will stop paying federal income tax because the US constitution makes no allowances for the present form of federal tax to be levied against individuals.

Since I cannot express my personal opinions on the civil rights of Lynch & others being violated (My post Gestapoly taken off the board earlier), I will post this article that explains it better.

http://www.realfootball365.com/articles/bills/13643

Your Lynch post was merged with the main lynch thread. I didn't realize it needed it's own thread. <_<

That's because it didn't. Nice Gestapo reference in the original post, though. Makes me remember why I've been staying away from here.

Later ...

Why people keep trying to run Lynch out of town is beyond me. He made a few mistakes. He is still a genuinely good player who is learning to deal with being an adult. People forget that Bruce Smith in his younger days was busted for a DUI and busted for possession of cocaine, not to mention was suspended. He grew up, just like Lynch will do. What he is not is Willis McGahee. He did not bad mouth the city, he did not skip out of training camp to train with his college buddies. He moved his whole family here and knows his plays. Deal with his growing pains, it will pay off.

Look, this is bad news. Marshawn should know better than to allegedly be driving around with a loaded gun. I'm disappointed in my favorite player.

Still, I'm disgusted by the way the Buffalo News is jumping on him. Full disclosure: I'm a newspaper reporter.

I generally like Jerry Sullivan, but his column today was disgusting. Lynch gets kicked out of a bar for bringing in his own liquor and that shows a punk pattern? Are you kidding? If Chris Kelsay got kicked out of a bar for bringing in his own beer, the media would laugh and call him a cowboy.

And then for the News to quote some anonymous cop source from the suburbs saying Lynch's traffic incident was part of a pattern to me is irresponsible.

Oh, and by the way, when Lynch was shot at in Oakland, it was a case of mistaken identity. He was in a car outside his sister's high school graduation. I was living in Oakland at the time and anyone who followed the story knows it had nothing to do with Lynch.

Alot of the frustration with this has to do with people are sick & tired of these athletes thinking they are above the law. You say it is not a big deal that he brought in his own liquor to a bar. When was the last time you went to a bar & brought your own booze in? You want to carry a gun, why cant he just go & get the proper legal paper work done on it? If he did that none of this would even be an issue. I hope Goodell suspends him.

I hope Goodell suspends him.

I am not sure what the league rules are. But I sure don't like what I am seeing as a pattern of flirting with the law. Much as I like his play on the field, that is not enough reason to find excuses for his behavior and start questioning the law of the land. He should get a fair hearing and if guilty, should be punished.

I have been fairly disheartened by the general direction this franchise has been headed lately and this incident further adds to the gloom. Whether it is the coaching, the drafting, team building or anything else related to creating a winning franchise, we seem to be taking mis-steps everywhere.

Since I cannot express my personal opinions on the civil rights of Lynch & others being violated (My post Gestapoly taken off the board earlier), I will post this article that explains it better.

http://www.realfootball365.com/articles/"

I wondered if anybody would post this remarkably stupid article.

Here are the quotes from the article that lay out his position:

Bialy says "Arresting Buffalo Bills running back Marshawn Lynch on the charge of owning a gun is like arresting someone who owns a car and bottle of Jack Daniels on a charge of drunk driving."

This is just obfuscation. The charges aren't owning a gun. He is charged with possession of a concealed firearm. Nobody literate could miss the difference, so Bialy is just screwing with the facts for purposes of, one presumes, humor. Guffaw, guffaw.

Bialy says "it doesn’t sound as if he actually did something naughty with the gun, which should be the standard for arrest regardless of whether it is the standard."

Is it really necessary to point out the logical flaws here? Are they not staggeringly obvious?

OK, so it is OK to break the law if you feel that you are not doing something naughty? Or is it OK to break the law if you feel that the standard of arrest should be different? Either way, anyone using this defense either in court or in public is not going to get far. The whole reason we have laws is because everybody has different opinions of what should be the standard of what is punishable. If you feel you should be able to do anything you think should be OK, then at last Dahmer has a legit defense. "Your honor, I felt that eating 17 young boys was neither naughty nor a reasonable standard." And the judge says "Gosh, you've got me there, Jeff, if you felt it was OK, I guess you can go."

Bialy says "Regardless of regulations, acts done with a gun are pertinent, not who merely owns it."

Putting it in the car is an act. Loading it was an act. Not bothering to get it registered was an act. Owning it was never the problem. Again, he's trying to decide, regardless of the laws and regulations, what is OK and what is not. Ridiculous.

Bialy says "even though his transgressions amount to ... and 2) having a gun."

One more time, Anthony, owning the gun was never the problem. And it goes on and on like this, making the same stupid argument over and over. The law isn't important. It's hard to imagine a more bone-headed idea. Imagine a cop's job if he had to decide whether to arrest someone or not based on whether the cop felt that the guy felt like he had done something wrong or notl.

His idea is that some laws are stupid, so it's OK to break them. Because after all, you personally think they are stupid. So you don't have to obey them.