I forsee major problems this year.....

SKOOBY

Anything can happen and I'm seriously optimistic about our personnel moves coming this offseason. I think that Ralph is finally going to step up and make smart moves in FA and that we are going to draft well. I think we shed some dead weight this offseason and the day finally begins to dawn in Buffalo where we're headed in the right direction again. I say we go 8-8 or 9-7 with no playoffs of course, but improvement none the less.

Doesn't someone post this exact message every off-season?

I particularly like the part about "Ralph is finally going to step upand make smart moves in FA and that we are going to draft well."

Really? What leads you to this annual prediction?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's about the VALUE of the car you drive.

My favorite part of this board is whenever someone purports to have inside information, and there is a race for someone to say "what kind of car do you drive"? I thought I'd have it, but there are already two responses ahead of me....

We are only 1 player away from being a very good team.

Unfortunately it’s 1 player at many positions.

1 DE to compliment Schobel.

1 DT to compliment Stroud.

1 LB if Crowell is gone.

1 Center.

1 Tight End

1 WR

1 Back-up QB

Hopefully some of these holes are on our roster already, and just haven’t developed yet.

And they all stay healthy!!!

The good news is we shouldn’t need a DB or RB.

:w00t:

1 Head Coach

1 O Coordinator

1 D Coordinator

1 GM

1 Swedish Supermodel

Hey you're the choad that tried to equate your scoop with the value of the car you drive as if that's some form of credibility statement.

Frankly I don't give a sh-- if you drive a McLaren but your comment cemented you as a tool.

You win the prize for using "choad" and "tool" in the same response.

Now THAT'S continuity!

:w00t:

I actually feel pretty good about the availability of guys that can help us....the real question is whether mgt will do what it takes to GET THEM HERE

- I dont want to depend on Chris Ellis becoming a pass rushing force......I want to plan our moves around that he wont and then become pleasantly suprised when he does......

- Fix the Jason Peters situation.....now please

- Bring in a veteran LB

- Bring in a veteran WR

etc etc etc

Doesn't someone post this exact message every off-season?

I particularly like the part about "Ralph is finally going to step upand make smart moves in FA and that we are going to draft well."

Really? What leads you to this annual prediction?

Isn't it funny how every offseason we have these same type of threads with people proclaiming the the "evident" doom and gloom of the Bills franchise that usually will end with us being sold and moved to LA or Toronto or wherever :wallbash:

The reason for my so terribly offensive optimistic post is because of Ralph's acknowledgement that he hasn't put a quality product on the field for the fans since Bruce Smith left town in his little speech after finding out his HOF induction. He seemed like a man disappointed with himself in a way. I have HOPE that this feeling will lead to a productive offseason that will really begin to right the ship. If you want to walk around :w00t: and reserve your :w00t: for next season, be my guest. Just don't get upset because I don't share in yor misery :cry:

Just like the 2007 Giants or the 2008 Cardinals. We have no shot. Or like the 2007 Dolphins. You guys have not been following football to well. :w00t:

You are right, the '07 Cards went on a tear once Warner stepped in at the end of the year (he threw 27TD's in 11 games), the '06 Giants were a good team with a growing QB who finally figured it out... or was it the running game and coaching staff? The Dolphins were a completely different team with a new FO, coaching staff, and a hugely overturned roster.

The Bills showed no promise finishing strong like the cards of '07. The Bills dont have a roster like the Giants of '06. And unlike this years Dolphins, we are stuck with the same limp dick (jauron) coach, the same lousey FO who hasnt built a playoff team in their entire careers, and about one third of a roster filled with players who would have been cut by playoff teams years ago.

Trust me, I follow football very well.

You are right, the '07 Cards went on a tear once Warner stepped in at the end of the year (he threw 27TD's in 11 games), the '06 Giants were a good team with a growing QB who finally figured it out... or was it the running game and coaching staff? The Dolphins were a completely different team with a new FO, coaching staff, and a hugely overturned roster.

The Bills showed no promise finishing strong like the cards of '07. The Bills dont have a roster like the Giants of '06. And unlike this years Dolphins, we are stuck with the same limp dick (jauron) coach, the same lousey FO who hasnt built a playoff team in their entire careers, and about one third of a roster filled with players who would have been cut by playoff teams years ago.

Trust me, I follow football very well.

Amazing post and it really is how I feel as well.

We are heading into the teeth of the lion this season. Our schedule is very difficult and we have some major holes on both sides of the line. I don't think our defense could pressure a high school QB, much less an NFL one. Our O-line, while doing a decent job of defending our QB's, did nothing for Marshawn / Freddie. Fowler needs walking papers and I would lose one other player on the O-line just to make another change. I watched our new 6'9" WR run and he is Frankenstein, Royal is absolutely useless with stone hands and I could safely say that every other TE we have needs to be axed.

Looking at the big picture, we have to replace about 1/4 of our current players to get to .500. When you add in the upcoming schedule and our front office's limited experience, you have a formula to draft 8th or better in the 2010 draft. Plan on the Bills picking 3rd.

becuas ethats the way to run a franchise

We are heading into the teeth of the lion this season. Our schedule is very difficult and we have some major holes on both sides of the line. I don't think our defense could pressure a high school QB, much less an NFL one. Our O-line, while doing a decent job of defending our QB's, did nothing for Marshawn / Freddie. Fowler needs walking papers and I would lose one other player on the O-line just to make another change. I watched our new 6'9" WR run and he is Frankenstein, Royal is absolutely useless with stone hands and I could safely say that every other TE we have needs to be axed.

Looking at the big picture, we have to replace about 1/4 of our current players to get to .500. When you add in the upcoming schedule and our front office's limited experience, you have a formula to draft 8th or better in the 2010 draft. Plan on the Bills picking 3rd.

Replacing 1/4 of the roster-not a problem!

Gone:

Losman, Jenkins, Omon, Simpson, Greer (UFA), Fox, McIntyre, Costanzo, Lehman, Whittle, Fowler, Mace, Preston, Scott, Royal, Stupar, Bryan. That 17/53 = 32.08%. So even if we keep 1 or 2 of these guys, replacing more than 1/4 of the roster is guaranteed. Counting every 2 players over 13 as another win beyond 500 & we're at least 10-6.

Instead of planning for the Bills picking 3rd, I'm rejecting your rash decision to trade away virtually all of our picks next year & get to #3 and I'll be content watching the Bills stay put & draft 32nd in the 2010 draft.

Just like the 2007 Giants or the 2008 Cardinals. We have no shot. Or like the 2007 Dolphins. You guys have not been following football to well. :w00t:

Those teams have a good coach and a good owner. Buffalo is 0-2fer on those frontss! Do you even follow the Bills?

I'd rather count on you being clueless. replace 25%of our roster LOL thats ridiculous seeing that we already have one of the youngest teams in the league. we need a quality center and our o/line will be dominant. then we add a receiving TE and a pass rushing OLB and stay healthy and it playoffs here we come. if you knew anything you would also understand that when schobel went down so did our pass rush but your probably one of those guys that think schobel stinks judging by your ridiculous comments.

injuries again robbed us of a great season hopefully this year we wont get decimated by injuries like we did the last 2 years. guys like you crack me up its like you never watched a football game in your life . by the way our young TE's look very good to me espicially Fine. we obviously will make it a priority to get a stretch the field TE to compliment our young TE's.

in reality we need a center,TE and a pass rushing OLB. i would like to address center (brown or birk) and one of the other positions in free agency then add depth and fill out our third need in the draft which ever way it plays out.

you can understand that what we do in free agency will impact who we draft and the bills do have a plan and your incorrect disrespectful statement about our front office inexperience is a freaking joke. modrak has over 30 years of personnel expirance and has been a very successful GM.

so i guess in response to you post i would say dont quit your day job.

What amazes here I point out factual events that are going to come about soon and then predict a potential outcome from those events based on the 0-2 we are in the draft. Instead of debating the 0-2 in the draft or making up your own outcome, you decide to challenge the facts. Read the statement below which was posted above this and then retry to think it out.

I also do not care about football experience, I care about the results. We have missed the playoffs for this entire millenium thus far and all the experience in the world has gotten us no where. Even the cards with a revamped Warner / E. James made the big show and you cannot tell me that Lynch can't outrun Edge. Our basics have been missing for 10 years now and we keep retrying to invent the wheel. Get the lines solid, get some guys that can actually catch a pass when they do get open and keep Bobby April exactly where he is. After all of that comes together, we might make some noise.

Gone:

Losman, Jenkins, Omon, Simpson, Greer (UFA), Fox, McIntyre, Costanzo, Lehman, Whittle, Fowler, Mace, Preston, Scott, Royal, Stupar, Bryan. That 17/53 = 32.08%. So even if we keep 1 or 2 of these guys, replacing more than 1/4 of the roster is guaranteed.

I'd rather count on you being clueless. replace 25%of our roster LOL thats ridiculous seeing that we already have one of the youngest teams in the league. we need a quality center and our o/line will be dominant. then we add a receiving TE and a pass rushing OLB and stay healthy and it playoffs here we come. if you knew anything you would also understand that when schobel went down so did our pass rush but your probably one of those guys that think schobel stinks judging by your ridiculous comments.

injuries again robbed us of a great season hopefully this year we wont get decimated by injuries like we did the last 2 years. guys like you crack me up its like you never watched a football game in your life . by the way our young TE's look very good to me espicially Fine. we obviously will make it a priority to get a stretch the field TE to compliment our young TE's.

in reality we need a center,TE and a pass rushing OLB. i would like to address center (brown or birk) and one of the other positions in free agency then add depth and fill out our third need in the draft which ever way it plays out.

you can understand that what we do in free agency will impact who we draft and the bills do have a plan and your incorrect disrespectful statement about our front office inexperience is a freaking joke. modrak has over 30 years of personnel expirance and has been a very successful GM.

so i guess in response to you post i would say dont quit your day job.