Dick Jauron is a better coach than...

FluffHead

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everybody loves to pile on when a guy is down. At the same time if the tide turns all the bashers, gush with love for the person. I think Jauron is somewhere in the middle. It's trully impossible to get an exact grade, seeing as all situations are different. He's not as good as most of the crowd thought in 2007, and he's not as bad as most of the crowd thinks now.

Everybody loves to pile on when a guy is down. At the same time if the tide turns all the bashers, gush with love for the person. I think Jauron is somewhere in the middle. It's trully impossible to get an exact grade, seeing as all situations are different. He's not as good as most of the crowd thought in 2007, and he's not as bad as most of the crowd thinks now.

Well.. interesting point. If Jauron does do well next year I fully intend to point out how much i supported him along the way. And if he screws up again--well I'll just tell the truth about what ive been saying.

As an Xs and Os guy maybe he is average. But his anal retentive coaching ANd poor clock management AND horrible replay decisions(yes I know hes not the guy in the booth--but he hired the guy in the booth) AND iffy play calling put him below the mendoza line.

You CAN'T have a PRO football coach costing your team 2 - 3 wins every year.

He is a joke.

That Kentucky high school football coach who killed his player by not allowing him water.

How about Coach Nickerson from All The Right Moves? The horrible play call resulting in a game losing fumble, lots of high motor stiffs on the team; he's a perfect fit!

You CAN'T have a PRO football coach costing your team 2 - 3 wins every year.

He is a joke.

Is it possible he could have won any football games for the team? Does any of the blame fall on the players? I'm not taking a hard stance against you, so don't take this as a personal challenge. I'm not in the lockeroom or on the sidelines. I can sit back and question a handfull of calls for sure. I can do this with any coach. The bottom line is the players like him and he's on his last legs. The fall from grace is something Bills fans love to embrace and contribute too. I say give the man another season and let's see. He was the man a year ago. He was the man at the beginning of the season. He's the worst coach in the NFL today?

Is it possible he could have won any football games for the team? Does any of the blame fall on the players? I'm not taking a hard stance against you, so don't take this as a personal challenge. I'm not in the lockeroom or on the sidelines. I can sit back and question a handfull of calls for sure. I can do this with any coach. The bottom line is the players like him and he's on his last legs. The fall from grace is something Bills fans love to embrace and contribute too. I say give the man another season and let's see. He was the man a year ago. He was the man at the beginning of the season. He's the worst coach in the NFL today?

I appreciate your response. He seems to do nothing visible on the sidelines during a game, and when he does, it's

likely to be bad.

He did admit calling the horrible JP roll-out play, which directly cost the Bills 1 game.

He seems to let the coordinators do their thing: I really think if they took Juaron off the sidelines during games

and let the coorinators, including special teams coach, do their thing they probably would have won 1 or 2 more

games this year.

I appreciate your response. He seems to do nothing visible on the sidelines during a game, and when he does, it's

likely to be bad.

He did admit calling the horrible JP roll-out play, which directly cost the Bills 1 game.

He seems to let the coordinators do their thing: I really think if they took Juaron off the sidelines during games

and let the coorinators, including special teams coach, do their thing they probably would have won 1 or 2 more

games this year.

I can't say that I could even guess as to what level of freedom Jauron allows his coordinators. The JP rollout was most certainly a horrible call. Some would argue that if it was successful, it would have been a great call. I disagree, just a straight up bad call either way. Honestly, I respect your opinion and see where your coming from. IMO the level of frustration is boiling over right now and Jauron is the easiest person to blame besides Ralph. The coach has only been apart of three seasons of futility with this team not the last decade. He has an extremely young team and no stability at QB. The last two years injuries to key positions have limited this team greatly. I don't know whether he's the answer but at some point this team needs to stabilize. If the players like him, that's good enough for one more year.

I can't say that I could even guess as to what level of freedom Jauron allows his coordinators. The JP rollout was most certainly a horrible call. Some would argue that if it was successful, it would have been a great call. I disagree, just a straight up bad call either way. Honestly, I respect your opinion and see where your coming from. IMO the level of frustration is boiling over right now and Jauron is the easiest person to blame besides Ralph. The coach has only been apart of three seasons of futility with this team not the last decade. He has an extremely young team and no stability at QB. The last two years injuries to key positions have limited this team greatly. I don't know whether he's the answer but at some point this team needs to stabilize. If the players like him, that's good enough for one more year.

Dick Jauron = 1 winning season, 7 losing seasons

Easiest person to blame???? :rolleyes:

Holy sh_t, I can't believe that there are still fans here at TSW supporting this loser and holding on to the ridiculous notion that Dick Jauron is the only good NFL head coach in history who somehow someway consistently finds himself in the most unfortunate of circumstances. Three words...GIVE...IT...UP!

I don't know whether he's the answer but at some point this team needs to stabilize. If the players like him, that's good enough for one more year.

I don't mean to butt in here, but don't you think that team stability pretty much eminates from the HC? And the fact that the players like him speaks more of the way he treats them than his abilities and skills as a HC. I've had bosses I've liked in the past, but they weren't particularly good at what they did.

I don't mean to butt in here, but don't you think that team stability pretty much eminates from the HC? And the fact that the players like him speaks more of the way he treats them than his abilities and skills as a HC. I've had bosses I've liked in the past, but they weren't particularly good at what they did.

Your welcome to butt in and give your opinion. I should have said continuation but I didn't want to set off the masses. It was fairly universal around here, that the JP situation was handled poorly and that he had too many coachs and systems. I know JP sucks and I'm not a JP fanboy. With that beins said, I think theirs alot to learn from the way his career was handled. A young team might benefit from another year in the system. Also, their is no way too tell if the players are speaking highly of their coach because he's easy on them. That speculation is alive and well on TSW but I've yet to see anything to make me believe it's true. I've had bosses like you have described as well and can see your point. On the otherhand I've had bosses who I genuinely liked and believed in. I would have rallied around them if I felt they were in trouble.

Dick Jauron = 1 winning season, 7 losing seasons

Easiest person to blame???? :rolleyes:

Holy sh_t, I can't believe that there are still fans here at TSW supporting this loser and holding on to the ridiculous notion that Dick Jauron is the only good NFL head coach in history who somehow someway consistently finds himself in the most unfortunate of circumstances. Three words...GIVE...IT...UP!

I don't care what Jauron did in Chicago. I'm not a bears fan and didn't watch that situation closely enough to have a real strong opinion either way. His tenure with Buffalo has been dissapointing thus far and I'm not arguing that. You are entitled to your opinion. I'm not sold on Jauron either but I don't mind seeing him have one more season. Continuity is something we haven't had in awhile and at this point why not show a little patience.

I don't care what Jauron did in Chicago. I'm not a bears fan and didn't watch that situation closely enough to have a real strong opinion either way. His tenure with Buffalo has been dissapointing thus far and I'm not arguing that. You are entitled to your opinion. I'm not sold on Jauron either but I don't mind seeing him have one more season. Continuity is something we haven't had in awhile and at this point why not show a little patience.

Is a decade of losing (I know Jauron doesn't own all of that) enough?