Name one position you feel we are the weakest at and why...

SKOOBY

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's DE and it's not close. Schobel isn't even a good DE. Ever since he dropped almost 25 lbs from 3 season's ago, he can't even put up irrelevant sacks anymore. He never was a game changer even when his sack total was in the double digits.

For those of you who think we got just as incompetent and ineffective play out of Edwards have gone plain mad, he played pretty good for a second year guy. Especially considering the coaching staff and a below average receiving core.

QB is the MOST IMPORTANT position on a football team. The Bills have a THIRD YEAR vet that has not proven anything but the fact he can't stay healthy, & the Chroise at that position. I will grant you the Bills are weak at a NUMBER of positions & the coaching SUCKS, but QB has to be the weakest because it is the most important position.

Did you feel this way when Lossman was here?

Sorry fellas but you are all right. The entire team is a weakness - owner, head coach, and the various positions that were named. This team is so weak that the strength of the team is the fans!

I will 2nd, 3rd and 4th that statement right there!!! I have fully accepted the fact that tailgating will always be the high point of the day. At least they can't take that away from me (yet)

Game changing receiving target(s) - TE &/or WR. The offense is one of the worst in the league. QB, OC & QB coach need to step up this year. Running game looks pretty strong, but not dominant (yet?).

Our defense is at least decent (though nowhere near championship caliber).

Since coaching isn't really a position (neither is ownership), I would have to say center. As the quarterback of the Offensive Line, I saw too many penalties on the center, not knowing the snap count, not knowing if the QB was up behind him or in the shotgun-all unexcuseable.

Head Coach

A good coach is suppose to do things that put his team in a position to win. The Bills have a coach whose decisions directly contribute to losses over and over again. Winning in the NFL is hard. That's why you need a coach who knows what the hell he is doing.

Testify!

The scouts could give Jauron the reincarnation of the '85 Bears and he'd still get them to 7-9.

I am of the mindset that we are a true #1 WR from having a threatening offense. Watch the tape on Fitzgerald when he caught the SB TD ball and where the steelers D was, it wasn't even close. Receiving threats have a way of forcing Defenses to make adjustments and leave someone else open. When the steelers smothered Fitz, edge - Breaston - Bolding all got passes. As soon as the steelers took the focus off Fitz, they got toasted.

True # 1 no guessing WR and we are in the playoffs (with a good draft as well).

????????

Center, I have been saying for the last 9 years the biggest problem on that offense line is the general of that line. We have not gotten one yet. An intelligent center will make this line that much better. Im tired of seeing other teams like the pats have soo much time to pass the ball with out much of a running game.

Game changing receiving target(s) - TE &/or WR. The offense is one of the worst in the league. QB, OC & QB coach need to step up this year. Running game looks pretty strong, but not dominant (yet?).

Our defense is at least decent (though nowhere near championship caliber).

I'm in this corner. Specifically a 1, 1A receiver. A viable threat opposite LE keeps 8 out of the box and allows for a better ground game.

As for DE, our best guy barely played this year and I wish we'd blitz more. Rare are the teams that generate great rush from just the front 4. I believe that's why new defensive co-ordinators outdid head coaching changes this off-season 2-1. Most every team is going to the 3-4. Not us, mind you, but most teams..

Did you feel this way when Lossman was here?

It depends on what point in time you are talking about. I KNEW JP was a weak link all along, HOWEVER I did see potential there in him with the way he played in 06. I was NOT HAPPY with his play in 07 & the couple games he played in 08 but I don't know how much of that is his fault & how much is the fault of the coaches. As you said yourself the Coaching on this team is AWFUL & that is why I don't see Trent developing & getting better in 09. In 2010 the Bills will most likely bring in a NEW coach & QB.

QB is the MOST IMPORTANT position on a football team. The Bills have a THIRD YEAR vet that has not proven anything but the fact he can't stay healthy, & the Chroise at that position. I will grant you the Bills are weak at a NUMBER of positions & the coaching SUCKS, but QB has to be the weakest because it is the most important position.

agreed

Bona fide pass rushing DE. We get very little pressure on opposing QB's and there is apparently no one capable of helping Schobel.

WR to take the heat and double coverage off Evans. We have very little downfield passing assuming Edwards is capable of throwing downfield.

And of course, a coaching staff that doesn't blunder the time clock and games away.