FITZ now clearly the best WR in the game?

Tcali

I would have a hard time disagreeing with that. Let's hope he doesn't start talking to TO or Ocho Sinco to get diva lessons.

Doubt that would ever happen. He's got a good head on his shoulders and a father who would never let him become that way.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No, no way. Fitz is faster, he makes better cuts, has better hands, jumps higher, doesn't fumble (something Boldin does quite a bit),is a better red zone threat, and is two inches taller to boot. Nothing against Boldin, but I think Fitz makes him better and not the other way around.

no way is fitz faster than boldin no way. better hands they rank the same, better cuts they rank the same, jumps higher fitz is better, red zone threat same, yes boldin fumbles but really not that much. If boldin didint get seriously injured than i think he would of had more yards and more td's .... actually someone needs to get there head to head stats up here in the regular season

no way is fitz faster than boldin no way. better hands they rank the same, better cuts they rank the same, jumps higher fitz is better, red zone threat same, yes boldin fumbles but really not that much. If boldin didint get seriously injured than i think he would of had more yards and more td's .... actually someone needs to get there head to head stats up here in the regular season

http://www.nfl.com/players/larryfitzgerald...le?id=FIT437493

http://www.nfl.com/players/anquanboldin/profile?id=BOL283010

Fitz has a slight advantage in receptions and yards and a sizable one in touchdowns (remember, he's played one fewer season). He also has a one yard advantage in yards per catch, and has fumbled 5 times opposed to Boldin's 13. They're both elite, but Fitz is better IMO. After watching both in action a few times, it just seems like Fitz brings more to the table.

Not to take away from the spirit of this thread - but I have a debatable point to make. I think Fitz should have knelt down at the 1 yard line during his touchdown catch and run. There were under 3 minutes left in the game and that would have allowed Zona three tries at the EZ and chewed up a lot of clock time. I know most of you will say that they were trailing and it was a no brainer to take the 6 but I think it was a gamble worth taking. Giving the O the challenge to score the TD and in the process not allowing enough time for Pitts to have an opportunity to score would have been gutsy.

As for the OP - I also agree that Fitz is one hell of a WR and Holmes just happened to be on the winning side of the ball (albeit being on of the reasons for being so)

Not to take away from the spirit of this thread - but I have a debatable point to make. I think Fitz should have knelt down at the 1 yard line during his touchdown catch and run. There were under 3 minutes left in the game and that would have allowed Zona three tries at the EZ and chewed up a lot of clock time. I know most of you will say that they were trailing and it was a no brainer to take the 6 but I think it was a gamble worth taking. Giving the O the challenge to score the TD and in the process not allowing enough time for Pitts to have an opportunity to score would have been gutsy.

As for the OP - I also agree that Fitz is one hell of a WR and Holmes just happened to be on the winning side of the ball (albeit being on of the reasons for being so)

This isn't madden. You take the points.

And then what if you fumble or take a big penalty or Pittsburgh's superb run defense puts up a goal-line stand? I'm sorry, but that doesn't make any sense.

And then what if you fumble or take a big penalty or Pittsburgh's superb run defense puts up a goal-line stand? I'm sorry, but that doesn't make any sense.

fair enough that you do not agree and I think most people will not. I just thought it was the flip of a coach trusting his D to stop an opposing offense. This would be a gamble to allow the O 3 or 4 chances to get into the EZ and seal the game.

http://www.nfl.com/players/larryfitzgerald...le?id=FIT437493

http://www.nfl.com/players/anquanboldin/profile?id=BOL283010

Fitz has a slight advantage in receptions and yards and a sizable one in touchdowns (remember, he's played one fewer season). He also has a one yard advantage in yards per catch, and has fumbled 5 times opposed to Boldin's 13. They're both elite, but Fitz is better IMO. After watching both in action a few times, it just seems like Fitz brings more to the table.

you call 11TD TO 12TD a sizable margin... and yes boldin played less

F*ck fitz

F*ck boldin

F*ck ward

F*ck breaston

F*ck holmes too

And f*ck you

Lee evans has more raw talent than all of them

Give him a bitchy attitude OR a decent QB OR a bigger market.

you fools are just enamoured by the flavour of the month...the way the nfl likes it

Guarantee none of you thought fitz was the best reveiver 12 months ago...did he all of a sudden get that good in one year?

Andre Johnson

Randy Moss

Lee Evans

F*ck fitz

F*ck boldin

F*ck ward

F*ck breaston

F*ck holmes too

And f*ck you

Lee evans has more raw talent than all of them

Give him a bitchy attitude OR a decent QB OR a bigger market.

you fools are just enamoured by the flavour of the month...the way the nfl likes it

Guarantee none of you thought fitz was the best reveiver 12 months ago...did he all of a sudden get that good in one year?

Andre Johnson

Randy Moss

Lee Evans

I'd like some of what you're smoking, please.

There is one play that btothered me last night regarding fitz. When harrison was returning the int Fitz tried stripping the ball rather than just focusing on keeping him out of the endzone. A tackle with no time left in the half=no points.

There is one play that btothered me last night regarding fitz. When harrison was returning the int Fitz tried stripping the ball rather than just focusing on keeping him out of the endzone. A tackle with no time left in the half=no points.

what could he have done? harrison was at about the 3 yard line, and fitzgerald was running from behind him. how would he have been able to stop him?

I think Fitz should have knelt down at the 1 yard line during his touchdown catch and run

Absolutley agree. There was 2:38 on the clock when Fitz scored that TD - way too much time for Pittsburgh with 2 timeouts and the two-minute warning. AZ runs two FB dives to force timeouts by Pittsburgh, then you have 3rd and 4th down to win the game.