FITZ now clearly the best WR in the game?

Tcali

No, no way. Fitz is faster, he makes better cuts, has better hands, jumps higher, doesn't fumble (something Boldin does quite a bit),is a better red zone threat, and is two inches taller to boot. Nothing against Boldin, but I think Fitz makes him better and not the other way around.

Top 3 WR's in football in order:

1. Fitz

2. AJ

3. Boldin

Yes, Fitz has an edge on Boldin, but Boldin is also ELITE. He is as strong and tough as any WR in football, spectacular after the catch (even better than Fitz at that by a little), a beast in blocking, a beast in the red zone, has no fear, and has great hands. Boldin cuts as good as any WR in football, including Fitz and his hands are just as good as Fitz's...and he doesnt fumble as much as you make it seem in your post. Boldin produced big time before Fitz got there, while Fitz developed, and even once he developed. Its not like he burst on the scene once Fitz got there. Both are Elite and both make each other better and both can dominate a game.

S. Smith wont ever be able to crack top 3 again as he is too small to dominante like these 3 as those 3 above are both explosive and physical.

I would put S. Smith at #4 and then you can argue about #5, but I think Calvin Johnson is making a pretty convincing argument for that final top 5 spot. Calvin likely moves into top 3 once he gets a QB that help showcase his talent more.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Top 3 WR's in football in order:

1. Fitz

2. AJ

3. Boldin

Yes, Fitz has an edge on Boldin, but Boldin is also ELITE. He is as strong and tough as any WR in football, spectacular after the catch (even better than Fitz at that by a little), a beast in blocking, a beast in the red zone, has no fear, and has great hands. Boldin cuts as good as any WR in football, including Fitz and his hands are just as good as Fitz's...and he doesnt fumble as much as you make it seem in your post. Boldin produced big time before Fitz got there, while Fitz developed, and even once he developed. Its not like he burst on the scene once Fitz got there. Both are Elite and both make each other better and both can dominate a game.

S. Smith wont ever be able to crack top 3 again as he is too small to dominante like these 3 as those 3 above are both explosive and physical.

I would put S. Smith at #4 and then you can argue about #5, but I think Calvin Johnson is making a pretty convincing argument for that final top 5 spot. Calvin likely moves into top 3 once he gets a QB that help showcase his talent more.

Don't get me wrong, I agree with you, Boldin is awesome. I was just making the case that Fitz is a step above him right now. As for the fumbles, he has fumbled 13 times in 6 seasons. Not a ridiculous number, but still a little high for a wideout, no?

Don't get me wrong, I agree with you, Boldin is awesome. I was just making the case that Fitz is a step above him right now. As for the fumbles, he has fumbled 13 times in 6 seasons. Not a ridiculous number, but still a little high for a wideout, no?

Yeah, thats not a ridiculous number, but it was honestly higher than I thought. So, yeah, you are right, its a little high but manageable. Probably has a lot to do with his hard running after the catch...he always fights for more yards.

Man, could you imagine this guy here next year? One can only dream...

So would you rank Boldin top 5 in the league? Just curious, what would be your top 5?

I went with Fitz, AJ, Boldin, S. Smith, then Calvin...

Yeah, thats not a ridiculous number, but it was honestly higher than I thought. So, yeah, you are right, its a little high but manageable. Probably has a lot to do with his hard running after the catch...he always fights for more yards.

Man, could you imagine this guy here next year? One can only dream...

So would you rank Boldin top 5 in the league? Just curious, what would be your top 5?

I went with Fitz, AJ, Boldin, S. Smith, then Calvin...

I think I would go with

1. AJ

2. Fitz

3. Smith

4. Boldin

5. Marshall

#5 was a toss up between Marshall and Calvin Johnson, but I gave the nod to Marshall because right now he's in a system that better showcases his talent. I picked AJ for #1 instead of Fitz because AJ led the league in receptions and yardage this season and appears to only be getting better as time goes on. Also, Fitz has Boldin to rely on across the field. AJ has Kevin Walter (a good player but a journeyman receiver) across the field, and Walter finished the season with 900 yards and 8 TDs. To me, that speaks volumes about AJ. As for Smith, he might be on the decline a little, but his 18.2 YPC is just ridiculous and he does it with that turd Delhomme tossing the ball.

I think I would go with

1. AJ

2. Fitz

3. Smith

4. Boldin

5. Marshall

#5 was a toss up between Marshall and Calvin Johnson, but I gave the nod to Marshall because right now he's in a system that better showcases his talent. I picked AJ for #1 instead of Fitz because AJ led the league in receptions and yardage this season and appears to only be getting better as time goes on. Also, Fitz has Boldin to rely on across the field. AJ has Kevin Walter (a good player but a journeyman receiver) across the field, and Walter finished the season with 900 yards and 8 TDs. To me, that speaks volumes about AJ. As for Smith, he might be on the decline a little, but his 18.2 YPC is just ridiculous and he does it with that turd Delhomme tossing the ball.

Yeah, I thought about Marshall at 5 too, tough call...the 5 spot gets tough...I think the top 4 are pretty clear in terms of which 4 WR's, but its hard to put them in order. You make a good case for AJ to be #1 too...Fitz had an amazing postseason for everyone to see, so its gonna be hard to over look him, but AJ is no joke.

I love S. Smith, and he is a tenacious blocker too. The only reason I moved him below Boldin was because Boldin can dominate from a physical stand point as well and Smith can be taken out of games a little easier because of his size...although it could be more on Delhomme than Smith like you said...but its a close race. Kind of like Fitz and AJ are 1a and 1b, with Boldin and Smith 2a and 2b...

Absolutley agree. There was 2:38 on the clock when Fitz scored that TD - way too much time for Pittsburgh with 2 timeouts and the two-minute warning. AZ runs two FB dives to force timeouts by Pittsburgh, then you have 3rd and 4th down to win the game.

Commit yourself to a mental institution.

Did you not see AZ stop Pittsburgh inside the 5 yard line 9 times in this game? (3 times on the first drive from the 1. 6 more times on the plays when Wilson ran into the holder).

My desk needs to be refinished.

Commit yourself to a mental institution.

Did you not see AZ stop Pittsburgh inside the 5 yard line 9 times in this game? (3 times on the first drive from the 1. 6 more times on the plays when Wilson ran into the holder).

My desk needs to be refinished.

hahaha...agreed...

No one on this planet would turn down a TD in hopes of getting a TD with less time on the clock...you take the points then go out and stop them...

Did the OP even consider that the only true weapon AZ had against Pitt was spreading the field...they were not good in short yardage areas all game...hahahaha, that post was classic...

He is in the team picture of best wide receivers, but not ready to say he is the best, especially not "clearly" the best. Hard to say who is the best as there are a few at that high level (Fitz, Moss, Smith even Boldin on the same team). He has been one of the NFL's best kept secrets playing in the desert. So many people are saying he is the best in the league, but how many of these would have even added him to the list of best receivers just 4 weeks ago?