Super Bowl Commercials

Ralonzo

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9:05 End of 3rd Q, it's attack of the local affiliate revenue spots... here's what I got.

#1) NFL.com: Some guy named Usama, terrorizing quarterbacks. And my attention span.

#2) It's The Jesus babbling gibberish after drinking a Heineken. I guess that's an endorsement.

#3) Commiecast internet with turtles. Horrid.

#4) Giant Supermarket appealing to the organic granola crowd.

9:05 End of 3rd Q, it's attack of the local affiliate revenue spots... here's what I got.

#1) NFL.com: Some guy named Usama, terrorizing quarterbacks. And my attention span.

#2) It's The Jesus babbling gibberish after drinking a Heineken. I guess that's an endorsement.

#3) Commiecast internet with turtles. Horrid.

#4) Giant Supermarket appealing to the organic granola crowd.

#3 here- the Comcast ad with a rabbit.

#4 Jack (of Jack in the Box) hit by a bus.

9:11 More local spots?

#1) NBC reprised the error in physics by that blonde ditz.

#2) Cox communication.

#3) Acura. I don't care what anyone says, a 7.62 round going into the mouth of a whiskey bottle and exploding out the back in ultra-slo-mo cannot be uncool.

#4) NBC Celebrity apprentice with a mummified Joan Rivers and a career-mummified Andrew Dice Clay.

9:16

#1) Hyundai is really buying the spots up this year.

#2) Coke Zero reprises the Joe Greene spot. Pretty lame actually. This will make the bottom-5 list, I think.

#3) Cash4gold.com? If you don't have Ed McMahon in a Dead Pool, consider it.

#4) NBC Medium, a show whose name grossly overrates our collective interest in it.

9:22

#1) Vizio has money for advertisements? Thanks for showing us that pattern test for 30 seconds though.

#2) Taco Bell enchiladas. I don't care enough to try to "get it"

#3) GE. Some sort of nightmare Tin Man magically dancing on transformers without blacking out the entire Northeast. Lotsa of kids are gonna wake up screaming tonight.

What commercials? Obviously they couldn't sell many since half of them were promos for NBC shows and most of the rest were for bad movies (probably from studios owned by GE affiliates).

I guess it's to drive the price up for the remaining slots?

I guess it's to drive the price up for the remaining slots?

The networks use these high profile events to push their other shows. It is really the main reason they bid for big sports events

10:13 Another disgraceful Super Ref Bowl, congrats to the Stealers for stealing another one yippie, now all my sh*tbag Pennsyltucky transplant a-hole neighbors will be flying their sh*tty Stealers flag for the next 6 months.

#1) USA Network, who cares.

#2) The new fugly Honda Accord. What were they thinking?

#3) It's better in the Bahamas? What's better? Dysentery?

#4) Amtrak Acela.

#5) More train stuff. This time they're trying to guilt you with the environment.

I thought this year's batch of commercials -- as a whole -- were pretty disappointing. Nothing really stood out or really made me laugh out loud.

I guess the recession has hit creativity, as well.

My favorites:

(5) Moose Head guy working under back end

(4) Polamalu take-off of the Mean Joe Greene commercial

(3) Coke Ladybug animation

(2) "How about eliminating Bud Light from every meeting?"--thrown out window

(1) Doritos--strips girl, liberates ATM, turns cop to monkey, is out of Doritos, hit by bus

I liked careerbuilder.com for the commercial, and Star Trek for the movies I want to see (because I don't want to see any of the others)

i'd have to agree with both of those, from what I saw and remember

With the exception of the Hulu ad which was mildly amusing, this was the worst year for SB ads I can remember.

PTR

I agree, although I did smirk at the Koala bear getting punched in the face. It was so unexpected.

And I better enjoy that while I can, PETA will probably hold a hunger strike until someone apologizes for it.

My favorites:

(5) Moose Head guy working under back end

(4) Polamalu take-off of the Mean Joe Greene commercial

(3) Coke Ladybug animation

(2) "How about eliminating Bud Light from every meeting?"--thrown out window

(1) Doritos--strips girl, liberates ATM, turns cop to monkey, is out of Doritos, hit by bus

Overall I thought the commercials were weak. Have to agree that the Doritos girl on the sidewalk got my attention.