What about this Peters option

What would you guys think about this idea?

Trade Peters for best offer whatever it may be..... hopefully a first and a late rounder if possible.

Then to replace Peters use the money you would have given Peters to sign him up long term and instead give it to Jordan Gross. Think of it as a Peters for Gross a 1st rounder and a late rounder trade. Who wouldnt take that?

Now I know that the following issues will come up

1. Jordan Gross would have to avoid being franchised by Carolina

2. Gross would have to WANT to come to Buffalo ($$ talks)

3. The Bills would have to be clever.

Its the offseason so I'm tryin.

Trade Peters for best offer whatever it may be..... hopefully a first and a late rounder if possible.

Then to replace Peters use the money you would have given Peters to sign him up long term and instead give it to Jordan Gross. Think of it as a Peters for Gross a 1st rounder and a late rounder trade. Who wouldnt take that?

Not to sound sarcastic but I am surprised management hasn't snatched you up yet. We should just take our most outstanding player and get a player not so outstanding to get another first rounder. Hey..Let's keep moving back in the draft to insure that we have NO outstanding players on this team and 53 Kyle Williams' to watch on Sundays

Were you watching the same player this year that I was? Jason Peters was average at best this past season not to mention all the headaches he caused and the chemistry issues he caused on the OL this year. Jordan Gross is an outstanding player and to be 10 times less of a headache. If getting Gross was a realistic possiblity why wouldnt we move Peters?

Your logic of equating Gross to Kyle Williams just makes you look like someone who doesnt watch any football outside of WNY.

That would be a move that our loser owner Ralph would approve of.

-Sheesh just kidding you Ralph worshippers....esp on this momentous occasion

UGGHHH! Another trade Peters Post.....

UGGHHH! Another trade Peters Post.....

Buffalo's Jason Peters gave up more sacks than any starting left tackle in the league in 2008. His 11.5 sacks allowed came in only 13 games because he missed three with various injuries after a training camp holdout.

http://www.fantasysp.com/player/nfl/Jason_Peters/187305

Why wouldnt you want to trade that?

Gross 3 sacks allowed in 16 games

Peters 11.5 sacks allowed in 13 games

Which one is the outstanding player?

Sacks are not committed in a vacuum...he's not completely off the hook, but he's better than the 11.5 sacks. Plus, Gross played on a decent team witha bad ass running game, and an experienced QB...you're comparing apples to oranges. Also, look at this years draft. They project 3 OTs within the top 10. There's a reason for that. They are hard to come by.

Just the year before some said he was the best LT in football. He didn't drop off that far, that fast. The Bills need to start making it a habit of keeping their talent instead of letting it go somewhere else and producing (Fletcher, McGahee, Bannan, Leornard, Williams, etc...). If you had to name the top 4 players on the Bills, Peters is one of them.

Ralph needs to quit being cheap and pay the guy.

I am all for paying and keeping guys..... they should have kept pay williams and antoine winfield....im just not all about paying guys who im not 100% sold on especially if hes going to want top 5 LT money. I would rather pay a guy like Gross who is a little bit more proven (i will admit not much) but has not been any type of team distraction. I just worry that the minuite we give Peters a big pay day he gets the Alexander Mogilny sindrome and stops working hard.

Is that not a concern for anyone else?

I brought this up a few weeks ago. Go after Gross and if we sign him, trade Peters. Gross is a Pro Bowl LT that's been getting it done on a consistent basis for about 6 or 7 years now. It wouldn't be a bad move if Peters is talking about pulling the same crap again. Do I want to trade Peters? No, but sometimes you have to do what you have to do. It would be the only scenario where we wouldn't really have that much of a drop-off in talent at the LT spot, if any at all.

Jordan Gross = 1 pro-bowl selection.

Jason Peters = 2 pro-bowl selections.

(And I believe that Gross has been around quite a bit longer than Peters.)

All while Gross plays on a better team, with a nasty RB combo, a top-5 wr in the league, and a veteran/cerebral QB. Not too mention, their defense is better and so is their offensive line's overall talent.

There is a reason a guy goes from undrafted college tight end, to pro-bowl starting NFL left tackle.

Jason Peters is just THAT good people. Pay the guy!

Were you watching the same player this year that I was? Jason Peters was average at best this past season not to mention all the headaches he caused and the chemistry issues he caused on the OL this year. Jordan Gross is an outstanding player and to be 10 times less of a headache. If getting Gross was a realistic possiblity why wouldnt we move Peters?

Your logic of equating Gross to Kyle Williams just makes you look like someone who doesnt watch any football outside of WNY.

Look, by the end of the year he was dominating again. Yes, he was bad at the beginning of the season. That only shows that we have to sign the guy.

But if you are saying that because last year he wasn't great that proves he isn't great, well, that's just a lack of football savvy. Because the two years before he was one of the two best LTs in football. He was consistently left on an island, something that few LTs are trusted to handle, and it makes those two or three trusted LTs infinitely more valuable than the other LTs in the league.

Do you know that virtually every team in the NFL slants their line coverage to the left so they can help the LT handle the #1 pass rusher? But we didn't have to do that with a healthy happy Peters. With Gross, we will have to do it again.

Getting rid of Peters and replacing him with Gross is like getting rid of Bruce Smith and replacing him with Chris Kelsay. I'm exaggerating a bit, but they are on utterly different levels of talent. But Kelsay would be 10 times less of a headache. And Bruce caused chemistry issues. The whole "chemistry issues" thing was a creation of the fans. Not one iota of any problem between players, not one instant of a lack of support for Peters was seen among the players. Because they are not idiots and they know which side their bread is buttered on.

Jordan Gross = 1 pro-bowl selection.

Jason Peters = 2 pro-bowl selections.

(And I believe that Gross has been around quite a bit longer than Peters.)

All while Gross plays on a better team, with a nasty RB combo, a top-5 wr in the league, and a veteran/cerebral QB. Not too mention, their defense is better and so is their offensive line's overall talent.

There is a reason a guy goes from undrafted college tight end, to pro-bowl starting NFL left tackle.

Jason Peters is just THAT good people. Pay the guy!

Exactly. Thank you. People get so blinded by hate that they overlook the obvious.

No. Stupid idea.

Gross 3 sacks allowed in 16 games

Peters 11.5 sacks allowed in 13 games

Which one is the outstanding player?

Most of Peters poor play came when he first returned from his holdout. The man hasnt played football in like 9-10 months, after about a month into his return he was playing solid. If he has a full offseason attending workouts and the camps. He will be one of the best tackles in the league next year. I hate that he held out and came back sluggish however I understand that he proved that he was a quality starter at left tackle ( a very highly paid postion) playing next to a very average left guard making stupid money. Peters is getting paid undrafted free agent tight end turned experimental Right Tackle money. I predict Peters attends all minicamps and offseason activities and plays freakishly well in the final year of his contract. Your concern should be will the Bills buck up then or have they anger this mans moral that he wont want to return to Buffalo. There is a reason this man keeps ending up on Pro Bowl Ballots. Trading him right now is not going to happen because he has 1 cheap yeah left on his contract if he is going to be traded it will be next year after a franchise tag is slapped on him.

Peters has two years left on his current deal. He is going to show up and play this year. The Bills dont do anything, but tell him to play this year and then they will rework his deal or trade him to a team that will. End of story, he aint going no where. His agent will tell him the same thing. You wanna make a lot of dough, go out there and play football and shut up. You dont wanna seem as a malcontent so much that it will cost you money on the market. He made his point last year.At the end of the year next year is when you have all these 'trade Peters posts'. Or 'sign the man he is one of the main reasons we are in the playoffs' posts. Hey one can hope.