When is the last time you saw....

Run a route across the middle (old Andre Reed route). I know Josh Reed runs this route occasionally but I can't for the life of me remember the last time one of our receivers caught a ball over the middle and made something out of it (Yards after catch). Sad.

I remember a few times when Evans caught a ball across the middle and made a nice run after the catch with it.. not sure when, I believe it was in the first half of the year, but it was definitely this year...

Run a route across the middle (old Andre Reed route). I know Josh Reed runs this route occasionally but I can't for the life of me remember the last time one of our receivers caught a ball over the middle and made something out of it (Yards after catch). Sad.

Frankly? No one, not since Andre Reed's prime have the Bills had this as a consistent weapon or threat.

Quinn early was the last one i remember to have balls enough.

Eric Moulds anyone???

Eric Moulds is one of the most under rated Bills. He was dominate for a 4-5 year period, it's too bad he didn't have any help. The season he and Peerless had over 1,000 yards each was the closest we had to a dominate offense since the Kelly years. It's too bad it was with a concrete shoe wearing QB.

Eric Moulds is one of the most under rated Bills. He was dominate for a 4-5 year period, it's too bad he didn't have any help. The season he and Peerless had over 1,000 yards each was the closest we had to a dominate offense since the Kelly years. It's too bad it was with a concrete shoe wearing QB.

Eric Mould did have a great 4-5 year period where he was tough, but his big plays generally came from outside routes. He wasn't shy about going over the middle, but he never came close to being a game breaker with the over the middle route like Andre often was.

Eric Mould did have a great 4-5 year period where he wa toughh, but his big plays generally came from outside routes. He wasn't shy about going over the middle, but he never came close to being a game breaker with the over the middle route like Andre often was.

Well, how many receivers in NFL history were as good as Reed was? It is a very small group and kinda of tough to compare our receivers to one of the best ever.

While Moulds was good for a 4-5 year window, I disagree that he was dominant. Evans has been a better receiver to this point in his career, having outgained Moulds by almost 500 yards and 9 touchdowns over his first 5 years. Moulds also had a declining yards per catch every year with the Bills after his 3rd year in the NFL(8 consecutive years where his yards per catch declined), which is definitely not good no matter how you try and spin it. He ranked in the top 3 in yards(2,9,9) and receptions(7,4,10) 3 times and TD's only twice(10,4)---hardly numbers you would associate with a dominant player...

Looking at the leaderboards at the time, and at his contemporary WR's, Moulds would be hard pressed to crack the top 10. Torry Holt, Jimmy Smith, Rod Smith, Isaac Bruce, Terrell Owens, Joe Horn, Randy Moss, Marvin Harrison, Cris Carter, Derrick Mason were/are all better receivers than Moulds, and were much more consistent as well.

Looking at the leaderboards at the time, and at his contemporary WR's, Moulds would be hard pressed to crack the top 10. Torry Holt, Jimmy Smith, Rod Smith, Isaac Bruce, Terrell Owens, Joe Horn, Randy Moss, Marvin Harrison, Cris Carter, Derrick Mason were/are all better receivers than Moulds, and were much more consistent as well.

Keep looking at those leaderboards tough breasts, Moulds had SEVEN, maybe even eight (I can't remember them all) different QB's throw him the ball. Find me one off of your posse that had more than three.

While I dislike having to answer a question with a question I feel I have to in this case.

When was the last time you saw a Buffalo offense with the across the board talent to spread a defense and keep it honest?

When that happens again you'll see it again. With regularity.

GO BILLS!!!

Agree with this thread topic - rarely are our receivers hit in stride.

ding ding ding ding ding!!!!! winner winner!!!!!

You want YAC you better hit your receiver in stride. Rarely done by Edwards rarer still by Losman.

Watch the master on Sunday.

I was watching the Denver game last night because of boredom...Evans caught one over the middle for a 5 yard gain, then promptly dove to the ground to avoid contact. Parrish was wide open on one particular play in the 2nd quarter, but Edwards didn't throw to him. A little later Evans was open coming across the field in the end zone, but again Edwards wouldn't throw the ball down the field. Something is wrong with him.

Eric Moulds dominated beyond the measure of statistics. He made his living with a whole bunch of no help. I'll probably get crushed for this but when he was in his peak years he did it better than Andre. Andre was great for longer though. As far as Edwards not hitting recievers in stride thats troubling for a guy whose second best attribute is accuracy. Behind poise and confidence of course.

Eric Moulds dominated beyond the measure of statistics. He made his living with a whole bunch of no help. I'll probably get crushed for this but when he was in his peak years he did it better than Andre. Andre was great for longer though. As far as Edwards not hitting recievers in stride thats troubling for a guy whose second best attribute is accuracy. Behind poise and confidence of course.

Agreed...

If Moulds played with Kelly, Lofton, and Beebe he would be in the Hall of Fame right now instead of sitting on the sidelines as a debateable entry. I think Reed deserves to be in the HOF personally and hope he rightfully gets in...but if I could go back to the 1990 and choose between Reed or Moulds, I would take Moulds and I think he out produces Reed in that offense and is an easier choice for the HOF...

Dont get me wrong, I love Reed, but I think Moulds just had a few more intagibles and used his body and positioning as good as anyone not named Cris Carter...

Eric Mould did have a great 4-5 year period where he wa toughh, but his big plays generally came from outside routes. He wasn't shy about going over the middle, but he never came close to being a game breaker with the over the middle route like Andre often was.

Youre only as good as the p;ayers around you. Reed had James Lofton, Don Bebee, Pete Metzalaars, Keith Mckeller, Thurman Thomas, Jim Kelly, and a good oline.