Lost Season 5 Official Thread!

extrahammer

Then again, they could pull a fast one and make it any combination of the love quadrangle that's been built up w/ Jack, Swayer & Kate, Juliet. Wouldn't that be something if the bones are Jack and Kate... who were the ones who discovered/investigated them?

Thats what seems very interesting to me. It would be kind of creepy/cool if any of the characters unknowingly found their remains during the story.

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Desmond was on top of the same pocket of exploding energy as Juliet and it didnt kill him. in fact, it made him more powerful. I'm not so sure Juliet is dead.

I am pretty sure, however, that Adam & Eve are Rose & Bernard. which means of course, since this is LOST, that its probably not them, ha.

What's interesting is if the explosion transports the group back to 2007, why does it leave Rose & Bernard behind? because they are content? or just because their "destinies" are fine on the island in 1977?

By the way Rose acted on the island from day 1, im pretty sure that it's them. she "knew" Bernard was ok, she never wanted to leave the island...

Desmond was on top of the same pocket of exploding energy as Juliet and it didnt kill him. in fact, it made him more powerful. I'm not so sure Juliet is dead.

I am pretty sure, however, that Adam & Eve are Rose & Bernard. which means of course, since this is LOST, that its probably not them, ha.

What's interesting is if the explosion transports the group back to 2007, why does it leave Rose & Bernard behind? because they are content? or just because their "destinies" are fine on the island in 1977?

By the way Rose acted on the island from day 1, im pretty sure that it's them. she "knew" Bernard was ok, she never wanted to leave the island...

Yeah, right on this wavelength as well. I expect the unexpected however.

"Dead" on Lost is a quavering thing, though. Juliet will be "around" in 6 but in what state? Je ne sais pas.

Doc Jensen's S5 wrap

Like King's Carrie, Juliet was a victim of deception — she had been brought to the Island under any number of false pretenses, including the unspoken assumption that she had the freedom to leave at any time. But in the season finale, we saw her finally get the chance to escape her weird prison — and we also got to see her choose to go back. I think this is significant: It is the model, I believe, for every character's heroic arc in Lost. The first time to the Island, you are a victim of circumstances and possibly manipulation. The second time to the Island, you do so freely, as the captain of your fate — as a hero. Juliet may have given us a peek at the essential storyline for each character next season. Born again off the Island, the ex-castaways are all going to choose to come back, hard and heroically — to save the Island and Jacob; to complete the ongoing, unbroken redemption projects of their strange, timeline-bent lives.

Actually it's in the part where NotLocke says: "And you have no idea what I've been through..."

Wow, I went back to EKO's death on youtube, and Yemi, Eko's brother says to Eko when Eko is giving his confession: "You speak to me as if I were your brother." Pretty interesting.

Couldn't tell if I heard the trumpet sound identical in this clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJBVEouoyhE...feature=related

I've just been thinking about some of Doc Jensen's theory regarding Jacob's touching certain of the Losties. I'm not so convinced that it will be something where the characters will go back to that point (retaining all their knowledge of things that have happened). I think the touch may just have enabled the time-travel (and to return from the time-travel), especially for the O6.

It's also interesting to consider that Jacob was interfering with their lives (or in Locke's case, his death), not allowing the universe to course correct... or actually, now that I think of it, the interference could be the course correction. In this way, we could see his intervention similar to how Desmond saved Charlie those several times. We still have gaps and there's a lot we don't know about Jacob and what he's done even in what we've seen c. 2004. Did Jacob touch Desmond in the jungle (OK, the whole Naked Desmond thing would get a whole lot creepier, but...)?

In the flashbacks, Jacob touched Kate, Hurley, Jack, Sayid, Locke, Sawyer, Jin & Sun. Among the other time-travelers, we did not see Jacob touch Juliet or Rose & Bernard. Let me reiterate, tho, that we did not see Jacob touch them. Doesn't mean he didn't. Interesting that Juliet's was the only flashback of all those shown in "The Incident" that didn't have Jacob. They've held back on showing us things before, only to revisit that scene later and provide more info. Perhaps a young Juliet running out of the house meets Jacob. OTOH maybe she wasn't touched b/c she's not returning to 2007 --- which would go along with those of us who think Rose & Bernard are 'Adam & Eve' who also were not touched and not returning to 2007. He didn't touch Faraday, and he didn't touch Miles (again, that we know of).

OK, so you're saying, 'Well, what about Sun? She didn't time-travel.' True. But that may be b/c she didn't re-create something from the 815 crash. All the other O6 and Ben were possessing, had done/were doing something from the original crash. Hurley had the guitar case (Charlie), Kate gave away Aaron (Claire), Ben was reading (Hurley), Sayid was in handcuffs (Kate), Jack had a letter (Sawyer), Locke was wearing Christian's shoes. Then again, Locke's body didn't time-travel (perhaps the dead can't). Sun seemed to be set --- she was holding her husband's wedding ring (Rose), yet she 'still had some work to do' according to grunge Christian. Perhaps she didn't meet the requirement. Dunno. This isn't complete yet, but it's a simpler alternative to Doc Jensen's theory. His theory would add a whole new level of confusing and probably consume a lot of time telling how those characters changed anything. I.e. Kate didn't put the toy plane in the NKOTB lunchbox and didn't kill her father, Sayid didn't kill for Ben, Jack doesn't marry Sarah? or he builds a better relationship with his father, Sawyer lets go of his revenge bent and conning, et al., misc. and etc. I just don't think they're going to go such a long route before they get into the "war" that's coming c. 2007.

BTW - Lindelof and Cuse have said that the Dharma Initiative group is going to re-enter the picture in S6. There was an article mentioning that the U of Michigan's publicity office hadn't officially approved of its use in the show, but they're now rolling with it and per Darlton, Dharma will play a "significant role" next season. USA Today Link.

Just started re-watching from S1....

I'm see it so differently now. I'm ruminating on the idea that Locke has been 'possessed' by the Man in Black either since the crash or at least since "Tabula Rasa" when Locke first saw the 'monster.' Then again, it's not a simple possession, but it's downloaded his thoughts/events in his life (as we've seen with Smokey) and has incorporated that into playing Locke, or perhaps playing a part of Locke's consciousness. I dunno. There's so many tells that you see in the character now that reflect back to MIB. Things Locke says that have a lot more meaning vis-a-vis the Jacob-MIB scene. Locke knowing exactly when it's going to rain, having so much knowledge of the island....

I just think it's interesting to note that how the Others/Jacob tried to infiltrate the Lostaways, MIB may have done so much more successfully right under our noses. Part of that frustrated man that we all saw all along is a man/entity who's been there at least 250 years.

Thoughts?

The further I get along in S1, the more I think Locke (from the start) = MIB. There's a lot that's jumping out now, that no one really knew what to make of before.

And I'm also now ruminating that it's been the case since Locke's birth.

I skimmed the thread for some Ilana love but couldn't find any.

For those who don't know she bared it all in Rome. Needless to say, NSFW!

She may not be everyone's cup of tea, but she can have my babies any day. :worthy:

I clicked on your second list and got this.

Reported Attack Site!

This web site at www.capped.com has been reported as an attack site and has been blocked based on your security preferences.

Attack sites try to install programs that steal private information, use your computer to attack others, or damage your system.

Some attack sites intentionally distribute harmful software, but many are compromised without the knowledge or permission of their owners.

I clicked on your second list and got this.

Reported Attack Site!

This web site at www.capped.com has been reported as an attack site and has been blocked based on your security preferences.

Attack sites try to install programs that steal private information, use your computer to attack others, or damage your system.

Some attack sites intentionally distribute harmful software, but many are compromised without the knowledge or permission of their owners.

Same here.

Locke as a child picked the knife when Richard visited him. He stabbed Jacob. Richard had a very scared look on his face.

Hmmm....

A small point of contention...it was actually Ben who did the deed with the knife on Jacob however he got it from nonLocke who seemingly couldn't do the deed himself.

more on Jacob's tapestry:

the piece found in the cabin (of the statue) matches up with the bottom row which shows boats coming to the island.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/lostpedi...onstraction.jpg

The translation of the Greek below it, per lostpedia:

The part that can be seen reads, ...Σ ΜΟΝΟΙ ΤΟ ΤΟΥ ΠΟΛΕΜΟΥ ΤΕΛΟΣ ΕΟΡΑΚΑΣΙ (sic). In lower case, it should read ...ς μόνοι τὸ τοῦ πολέμου τέλος ἑωράκασι (transcribed as "...s monoi to tou polemou telos eōrakasi") which seems to be the following quote misattributed to Plato: "Only the dead have seen the end of war." If so, the word missing could be ΘΑΝΟΝΤΕΣ or ΤΕΘΝΗΚΟΤΕΣ, in lower case, θανόντες (transcribed as thanontes) or τεθνηκότες (transcribed as tethnekotes), meaning "those who have died".

A small point of contention...it was actually Ben who did the deed with the knife on Jacob however he got it from nonLocke who seemingly couldn't do the deed himself.

Total brain fart on my end. Sorry!

I'm going back and watching the series and taking notes. Am I a dork or what?

Should I rename the thread title?

Man, going further into S1 and the tells are just getting bigger for Locke = MIB.

Also, the title "Deus ex Machina" has more significance now. At the time, we thought "God in the Machine" might have been the Mary statues in the plane, whatever was in what turned out to be the Hatch, something with the trebuchet or Locke's father with the kidney dialysis.... Think on this: MIB is the god, Locke is the machine.

Man, you see it now and you see how much Locke/MIB has been instigating all kinds of stuff b/w everyone, fulfilling the "fight, destroy, corrupt" line.

The final "LOST: Untangled" ep was supposed to debut yesterday, but it's been delayed.

Man, going further into S1 and the tells are just getting bigger for Locke = MIB.

Also, the title "Deus ex Machina" has more significance now. At the time, we thought "God in the Machine" might have been the Mary statues in the plane, whatever was in what turned out to be the Hatch, something with the trebuchet or Locke's father with the kidney dialysis.... Think on this: MIB is the god, Locke is the machine.

Man, you see it now and you see how much Locke/MIB has been instigating all kinds of stuff b/w everyone, fulfilling the "fight, destroy, corrupt" line.

The final "LOST: Untangled" ep was supposed to debut yesterday, but it's been delayed.

I've only gotten through the Pilot and I've seen some things so far. My girlfriend had an interesting theory, she thinks the first night they hear the smoke monster that he's moving or building something since there's a lot of banging and mechanical noises going on. She loves the smoke monster, so she could be biased. Also, the smoke monster usually has a reason for killing someone, why did it kill the pilot?

Also, the next day on the beach as Jack is talking to Kate about going to the cockpit, Losties in the background, you hear Rose say the noises they heard sounded familiar or she's heard them before.

Very good call on the Locke/Machine theory, although my friend doesn't think Locke is in any way shape or form, bad. Which is very naive IMO.

• 2 weeks later...

Lost Notes:

Season 1: Pilot Part 1

Smoke monster makes mechanical noises, like he was moving something? Like maybe the cockpit?

Rose comments that the sounds the smoke monster makes is familiar to her.

Why did smoke monster kill the pilot?

Season 1: Pilot Part 2

On the beach, Locke plays backgammon and Walt approaches him. Locke asks Walt if he wants to know a secret, immediately after explaining the white vs. black concept with the board game. “Light vs Dark”. People assume he told him he couldn't walk before landing on the island and now he can. But what did he really tell him?

Jacob and Esau are in the Old Testament in the Bible, Locke mentions that backgammon is older than Jesus. Of course christians know that Jesus isn't mentioned until the New Testament in the Bible. (Implies the game of good vs. evil goes back to the time of Jacob and Esau).

Season 1: Tabula Rasa

At the end, when Michael brings Walt his dog Vincent back, Locke is watching them. Does anyone hear the smoke monster rattle noise?

Season 1: Walkabout

After Locke takes the call from GL-12, the scene ends with smoke monster rattle noise, no?

When Locke goes off to hunt alone, what happens after he encounters the smoke monster?

Jack is talking to Kate on the beach, Jack sees Christian and follows him into the bushes, then out comes Locke with the boar. Locke has a weird look on his face.

Season 1: White Rabbit

-

Season 1: House of the Rising Sun

The bodies found in the caves, black and white rocks were found in a shirt pocket.

Season 1: The Moth

Locke gains trust of Charlie.

Season 1: Confidence Man

- Locke hit Sayid in the back of the head while he was trying to triangulate the transceiver signal, but incites blame on Sawyer, then gives Sayid a knife “in case there's a next time”.

In S2.6 Abandoned, pause at 16:27. I'd just like someone else's opinion on whether the faint angled glimpse we got of Shannon's father, Adam Rutherford, (in the casket) looks like who we now know to be Jacob.

That blew my mind yesterday.

Any screenshots? I don't have the DVDs.

as more time passes since the season finale, i grow more and more worried that LOST jumped the shark on us (and i hate that term).

there used to be so much cool physics stuff with time travel and wormholes. I REALLY hope that they arent going to try to explain everything with "Well, 2 demi-gods have been playing this game. And they can do anything. So therefore all this crazy stuff is possible and just a result of them."

That, to me, would be the same as having Jack wake up and it was all a dream. i really hope they dont ditch all of the sci-fi stuff just so they can easily wrap up the loose ends with a "magical creatures" explanation.

(still the best show ever made for TV, imo)

as more time passes since the season finale, i grow more and more worried that LOST jumped the shark on us (and i hate that term).

there used to be so much cool physics stuff with time travel and wormholes. I REALLY hope that they arent going to try to explain everything with "Well, 2 demi-gods have been playing this game. And they can do anything. So therefore all this crazy stuff is possible and just a result of them."

That, to me, would be the same as having Jack wake up and it was all a dream. i really hope they dont ditch all of the sci-fi stuff just so they can easily wrap up the loose ends with a "magical creatures" explanation.

(still the best show ever made for TV, imo)

I really think it is going to be the "LOST is a Game" (there's actually a very cool website/theory page called this, but their interpretation is that it's tantamount to a real-life video game. On edit: Link). However, it's going to be much more involved than it being a board and pieces, a box (think, the checker box itself) like backgammon, Risk, Mouse Trap, etc. that have been referenced. All of these little hints throughout the series about games and stuff are building toward something.

As such, I don't think that in the series finale, the camera is going to do an overhead pan-out and the island is going to be on a gameboard. Tho... I will admit, that would be a totally awesome screenshot.

Cuse and Lindelof (and I would hope JJ Abrams might be involved) want this series to end awesomely, and have said it's going to be awesome. Frankly, minus the Nikki&Paulo episode, they've earned my trust.

Any screenshots? I don't have the DVDs.

Googling "Adam Rutherford," in the real world, he was a famous Pyramidologist. Hmm.

Adam Rutherford in Jack's ER. Hard to say with the angle and the blood, but I don't think it can be ruled out.

I can't find one of the coffin scene in "Abandoned" that's the bigger part of the argument. Anyone else with the DVDs? Or can anyone find the coffin image?

It's not for nothing that they concealed the face. And in the "Abandoned" cast list, there is no listing for who played Adam Rutherford in the coffin.

Jacob

• 2 weeks later...

Watching season 4......

Hurley tells Jack that Charlie had a message for him...."your not suppose to raise him" at the time it seemed obvious...Aaron was the him???

But what if Charlie was talkin about Locke?? raising him from the dead