So here we are... several weeks later...

ShipUPride

Big names like Peppers and others are Free Agents and the Bills still haven't signed anyone. They are asleep at the switch again.

Mixed metaphor - I think you meant "asleep at the wheel". That's also the name of an obscure 70's rock group. And no, I dind't mean "Stealer's Wheel".

Yeah, I am new here. Are all of his posts pointless?

Yeah, his posts are generally about as insightful as George W. Bush on WMD's...lol...gotta have at least one political reference on such a historic day right...

But in all seriousness his posts are generally pointless...again much like any Bush speech

Normally it takes me a few weeks after our season ends for me to begin to believe that next year will be different.

But even now... I feel a sense of complete dismay that next year will likely be the same or even worse than this past year.

I sure hope Free Agency and the Draft change that...

It's more likely that 90 year old Ralph Wilson is getting closer to selling the team than investing in it. Don't look for Mr. Wilson to give the Bills a lot of money to spend.

Normally it takes me a few weeks after our season ends for me to begin to believe that next year will be different.

But even now... I feel a sense of complete dismay that next year will likely be the same or even worse than this past year.

I sure hope Free Agency and the Draft change that...

Back to the point, I agree, its been 3 weeks and I just don't care about the Bills chances next season as much as I always have.

Sure, next years schedule looks tough now, but who knows? Remember coming into this year we had 3 games out of the first five against teams that won at least one playoff game the previous year, the Patsies* twice and the last year 10-6 Clowns. Turns out only one of those teams was good, but even then, not as good as everyone thought.

Sure we got Indy, but they're gonna have a new coach, Carolina and Atlanta and Tennessee could suck next year for all we know. We all know what a sophmore jinx does to a QB.

Come on now, get your head out of the oven ...

Go BILLS 2009 !!!

Back to the point, I agree, its been 3 weeks and I just don't care about the Bills chances next season as much as I always have.

Is "care" the right word?

In my case, every year I pretend that Dick Levy won't devote the bulk of the draft to the secondary. This year there seems to be a lot of good prospects at positions of need, but we will probably lose Greer. This will open the door for a first round corner. I do however think he will wait until the 2nd or 3rd to grab one, and opt for a 1st round safety.

In other words I care, but it has become almost impossible to believe that Jauron won't continue to ruin this team. It is all he knows.

oh...and he doesn't like canadiens

I always kinda thought crayonz and Mr Fancy Pants were the same guy. btw I wish Mr Fancy Pants didn't change his avatar. I liked his old one. Kinda fit him. No pun intended.

thats my birthday! maybe uncle ralph will get me julius peppers or terrell suggs!

Suggs would be a better option, as he not only can rush the passer from the OLB position or the DE position (a HUGE need for the Bills), but can also drop back and cover the pass extremely well (another glaring need, as our LBs leave a lot to be desired in pass coverage).

some are profound, but most reflect crayonz' bizarre sense of humour

They also can get kind of tiring and redundant after awhile, and generally add to the dumbing down of the wall, making it less fun to come here... but, sometimes they are funny... :pirate:

Some teams fire coaches for having a bad season (John Gruden) We keep ours.

In what may be a blockbuster move, the 4-11-1 B'gals are interested in re-acquiring former WR coach Hue Jackson.

I assume that the incumbent, a Mike Sheppard, was in the last year of his contract. That is the crucial test for replacement of a B'gals coach - no money lost by buying out a contract.

In what may be a blockbuster move, the 4-11-1 B'gals are interested in re-acquiring former WR coach Hue Jackson.

I thought that he was in line for an O coordinator job somewhere. Maybe w/ the Jets, if they can get Tannenbaum to let go of Schottenheimer?