Kurt Warner vs Chris Kelsay, winners vs losers

Ramius

I was watching NFL netwaork this lazy afternoon and they had the cardinals press conference on. I was amazed by Kurt Warner's attitude when asked about the Boldin confrontation and his own confrontation with OC Todd Haley during the 1st quarter of yesterday's game. Warner's answer displayed just how far off buffalo is from being a true contender and just how much the loser mentality has permeated the entire organization.

Warner said, and i'm paraphrasing, "We're not here to make friends (with the coaches) on the sidelines. We're here to win. I may not agree with the staff at all times, but all i can ask from them is that they are doing whatever they can to make me (us) become the best players we can be, and that they put us in the best position to win the game. Its not always warm and friendly among us, but in the end when its over, i know they are getting the best out of us." He continued with, "Coaches are like parents in a way. They aren't supposed to be your friends and there are going to be lots of disagreements, but their job is to prep you to perform the best you can in the next stage of your life. Thats what our coaches have been doing. "

Contrast this to a loser like Chris Kelsay with his talk of, "We all love Dick Jauron and everyone is happy to play for him. He's everyone's friend and he's there to pat me on the back and take me for ice cream when i have a bad day."

The Bills organization is a mess, and is starts with the attitude. Some team simply do not accept failure. Unfortunately, Buffalo isn't one of them.

"Coaches are like parents in a way. They aren't supposed to be your friends and there are going to be lots of disagreements, but their job is to prep you to perform the best you can in the next stage of your life. Thats what our coaches have been doing. "

Success covers up for all sins, apparently. If Philly had won yesterday, this board would be ragging on the Cards' players for being selfish, undisciplined and out of control for going off on the coaching staff...

Success covers up for all sins, apparently. If Philly had won yesterday, this board would be ragging on the Cards' players for being selfish, undisciplined and out of control for going off on the coaching staff...

bingo!

I'm sorry, but there's no connection there. Both were fine in the circumstances. Do you want Kelsay to start arguing with the coaches so he can explain away the arguments? Do you see the Steelers arguing with their coaches? Does that mean they suck?

If you want to argue that Kelsay isn't a very good player I'm right there with you. But what Kelsay said was fine in the situation. There's no issue here.

The important thing to realize here is that Warner wore a glove in a dome and therefore he sucks.

I was watching NFL netwaork this lazy afternoon and they had the cardinals press conference on. I was amazed by Kurt Warner's attitude when asked about the Boldin confrontation and his own confrontation with OC Todd Haley during the 1st quarter of yesterday's game. Warner's answer displayed just how far off buffalo is from being a true contender and just how much the loser mentality has permeated the entire organization.

Warner said, and i'm paraphrasing, "We're not here to make friends (with the coaches) on the sidelines. We're here to win. I may not agree with the staff at all times, but all i can ask from them is that they are doing whatever they can to make me (us) become the best players we can be, and that they put us in the best position to win the game. Its not always warm and friendly among us, but in the end when its over, i know they are getting the best out of us." He continued with, "Coaches are like parents in a way. They aren't supposed to be your friends and there are going to be lots of disagreements, but their job is to prep you to perform the best you can in the next stage of your life. Thats what our coaches have been doing. "

Contrast this to a loser like Chris Kelsay with his talk of, "We all love Dick Jauron and everyone is happy to play for him. He's everyone's friend and he's there to pat me on the back and take me for ice cream when i have a bad day."

The Bills organization is a mess, and is starts with the attitude. Some team simply do not accept failure. Unfortunately, Buffalo isn't one of them.

I dont know about all this, but the title of your thread is the only verifiable factual aspect. Kurt Warner is a possible future HOF quarterback. Chris Kelsay is a guy who stole a bunch of money from Ralph, and knows this is the only team in the league that's dumb enough to let him start, without bringing in legit competition. Captain Kurt is a Winner. Kelsay is a soft lousy football player, with a big paycheck.

I'm sorry, but there's no connection there. Both were fine in the circumstances. Do you want Kelsay to start arguing with the coaches so he can explain away the arguments? Do you see the Steelers arguing with their coaches? Does that mean they suck?

If you want to argue that Kelsay isn't a very good player I'm right there with you. But what Kelsay said was fine in the situation. There's no issue here.

When I heard all the players loved Juron I knew that was our problem right there.

That's all well and good for Warner to defend his and Boldin's immature disrespectful behavior towards their OC on the sidelines, since they won the game. But they would have taken a ton of heat if they didn't come back with that last TD drive to pull out the game after being outscored 19-0 in the second half. As the Eagles took the lead in the 4th quarter, Warner and Boldin were throwing Haley under the bus on national TV before the game had even ended. You think that's "winner" behavior?

As if preparing for the Steelers' defense over the next two weeks won't keep Haley, Warner and Boldin busy enough, now they have a pain in the ass distraction they will be asked about relentlessly right up to game time. I would have expected more from a veteran like Warner, and Boldin was just barely healthy enough to play at all, much less to waste his time picking fights with his own coach on the sidelines.

As much as I wish Kurt Warner was a Buffalo Bill while Kelsay was a Cardinal for talents' sake, I do not agree that Warner and Boldin should be commended for their attitudes. Chris Kelsay doesn't need to be yelled at by his coaches, he needs to be replaced with a better DE. But I don't fault him for defending his coaches instead of yelling at them on the sidelines!

To all the people saying, if the Cards woulda lost everyone woulda been flipping out over them argueing on the sidelines. I disagree, because we saw it so many times in Buffalo in our glory days. I think some people have forgotten how Kelly and Reed used to go at it, and with coaches, etc. well sometimes stuff like that would happen in the first half of the game, and then Kelly would throw 3 td's to Reed in the second half and we would win the game. I have no problems seeing players with a heartbeat out there, I get so aggravated when the Bills are getting their asses handed to them and then you see our guys sitting on the bench, not talking to each other, just staring off into space like they don't even wanna be there. Winning football games is about attitude and so many times the Bills take the defeatist approach once the going gets rough.

More quotes from yesterdays sideline incident:

"That's a normal thing that happens," Whisenhunt said Monday. "It happened in the first quarter with Todd and Kurt on the sidelines. It happened with a couple of our defensive players and our defensive coaches. It's an emotional game. Yesterday was one of the most emotional you'll play in."

In the locker room, Haley dismissed their sideline interaction as part of the game. Haley described himself as emotional.

"Just the emotions of the game," he said. "We're emotional guys. Like I said, I wear my heart on my sleeve and that's the way I go about business and I have to deal with that on a full-time basis."

I dont know about all this, but the title of your thread is the only verifiable factual aspect. Kurt Warner is a possible future HOF quarterback. Chris Kelsay is a guy who stole a bunch of money from Ralph, and knows this is the only team in the league that's dumb enough to let him start, without bringing in legit competition. Captain Kurt is a Winner. Kelsay is a soft lousy football player, with a big paycheck.

Oh look, another poster who says "everyone on Buffalo sucks," while all of our former players (who also used to suck) are starting on playoff teams. Apparently they're not as sucky as some people here may have thought. :blush: