Kurt Warner vs Chris Kelsay, winners vs losers

Ramius

Oh look, another poster who says "everyone on Buffalo sucks," while all of our former players (who also used to suck) are starting on playoff teams. Apparently they're not as sucky as some people here may have thought. :blush:

Part of the problem is that the talent we aquire doesn't fit together into a coherent plan. Its like putting bbq sauce on ice cream

Fine post Raimus. Apparently the big picture is lost on some fans (predictably) but the problem remains. And it's that the attitude on this team is all wrong to create a winner. This belief that players must love their coach is contrasted in so many eras, both now and yesteryear. I can't recall an coach adored by his team who was a winner. Bill Walsh, Chuck Noll, Vince Lombardi, Bill Belichick, Bill Parcells, Mike Ditka, and Bill Cowher weren't "loved." There's 19 titles worth of coaches, yet the players respected their them AND played hard. And there's a huge difference. Besides, all of those guys had/have an eye for talent which DJ obviously doesn't have.

I just finished reading, "The Genius" which details the 10 seasons Bill Walsh coached the 49ers. After concluding, I couldn't believe the things that were said about Walsh, but if there was one universal element in his relation to players it was a respect for the coaches. Few if any players loved Walsh, but they respected him. It was only after their careers concluded that it became a love.

Oh look, another poster who says "everyone on Buffalo sucks," while all of our former players (who also used to suck) are starting on playoff teams. Apparently they're not as sucky as some people here may have thought. :blush:

Chris Kelsay is "everyone" on Buffalo? Nice rationalization there buddy. The guy isn't a starting caliber dend, and starts simply because it's a position of glaring weakness, with no legit competition to take his job. His complete lack of production, and game awareness speaks for itself. He's slow off the snap. Routinely Bites on end arounds, and crashes hard on off tackle runs. His pass rush moves are limited, and his closing speed is below average. Way to jump to those conclusions of what I think of the Bills roster though lol.

For the record I've been dogging Kelsay on his lack of talent since before the guy was drafted, while people like Bill and Ramius told me to give him a chance. Listening to guys go "wait for such and such player to take pressure off of him" All so he can continue to suck and be a glaring weakness on the Bills defense. It's not a new innovative "This guy sucks" rant. He simply lacks talent to be a starting defensive end, especially in a defense that is suppouse to create front 4 oriented pressure.

Chris Kelsay is "everyone" on Buffalo? Nice rationalization there buddy. The guy isn't a starting caliber dend, and starts simply because it's a position of glaring weakness, with no legit competition to take his job. His complete lack of production, and game awareness speaks for itself. He's slow off the snap. Routinely Bites on end arounds, and crashes hard on off tackle runs. His pass rush moves are limited, and his closing speed is below average. Way to jump to those conclusions of what I think of the Bills roster though lol.

For the record I've been dogging Kelsay on his lack of talent since before the guy was drafted, while people like Bill and Ramius told me to give him a chance. Listening to guys go "wait for such and such player to take pressure off of him" All so he can continue to suck and be a glaring weakness on the Bills defense. It's not a new innovative "This guy sucks" rant. He simply lacks talent to be a starting defensive end, especially in a defense that is suppouse to create front 4 oriented pressure.

He is a team captain though and has good leadership skills. :blush:

He also had 5 times as many passes defensed as Donte Whitner in 2008. Cheerio chaps!

Come to think of it Donte Whitner is a defensive captain as well, who hearts his coach, and talks a lot, without backing it up makes sense :blush:

I'm willing to cut him more slack then Kelsay though. He's probably more or less a victim of the sh------- front 7

Come to think of it Donte Whitner is a defensive captain as well, who hearts his coach, and talks a lot, without backing it up makes sense :oops:

I'm willing to cut him more slack then Kelsay though. He's probably more or less a victim of the sh------- front 7

Yes, he had a shoulder concussion, so it was hard to be in position and run. :blush:

For the record I've been dogging Kelsay on his lack of talent since before the guy was drafted, while people like Bill and Ramius told me to give him a chance. Listening to guys go "wait for such and such player to take pressure off of him" All so he can continue to suck and be a glaring weakness on the Bills defense.

Isn't that part of what is good about this board? Making predictions and hoping for things? Sometimes one clicks, other times no.

You are however correct. I never thought that Kelsay was great, but I was glad when they re-signed him, and especially thought that the addition of Stroud would really help his sack numbers. Kelsay said it would, and stated that "it all starts in the middle." Never did I think that he was as bad as he played in 08.

Wrong on all counts! :blush: He has been dreadful at every phase of his position. Sometimes, on the rare occasions he gets pressure, he seems to pull up before making the hit. He is a mile from the ball on running plays too. I watched games knowing that there was little to no chance of him making a play this year. In fact, Kelsay was SO bad, it is difficult to comprehend.

Btw, what was your screen name in those days and how many times have you changed it?

he must be good, he makes more than peters

You are correct......when you hear the words he is a "player's coach", you know it is time to start looking for a new coach.

Yeah, time to look for another coach when all you have is Dick Vermeil, the ultimate player's c ... wait, what were you saying?

Kelsay's fine against the run. Yeah, he bites on the occasional fake, call me when you become perfect. He almost always does what he's supposed to do and he's fine against the run.

The problem isn't anything but his inability to generate a rush.

Here's a test of whether you have a head coach the players respect or not. Of the NFL's final four head coaches...

Tomlin

Harbaugh

Whisenhunt

Reid

...if you were an NFL player, could you imagine asking one of them to go get you a cup of hot chocolate with marshmallos and not have one of them knock your block off?

I could see Dick asking the player what size cup he'd like.

When I heard all the players loved Juron I knew that was our problem right there.

Where do you point your finger, players or coaches?

The coaches (and owner and non-existent GM) set the tone for the franchise. Of course the players love Jauron, he doesn't demand anything from them other than they try hard. Wow, the Bills played really hard in every game. Wow, look at how hard they played in 2007 despite crippling injuries. It's tough to win in the NFL. The weather was really interesting. We looked really good on Friday.

But, don't hold a single player or coach accountable. That would threaten continuity, and we know that continuity is really really important.

Meanwhile our QB can't figure out how to attack a 3-4 because the freakin coaches are morons.

Meanwhile we've got a 1st down at the two and we throw the ball.

Meanwhile with the game on the line we're throwing 2 yard dump offs.

Meanwhile we've had another wasted season with nothing better on the horizon.

Who the heck knows how players like Kelsay would perform if someone actually demanded something of them. I don't think much would change with Kelsay, but others would respond (not enough others unfortunately). What a friggin mess. :blush:

You people put WAY too much emphasis on what a player says to the press...and then spin the meaning to any interpretation that works for your bias.

Some things will never change. If Warner said the players loved their coaches, a sizeable percentage of TSW would be saying "that's what's missing with the Bills" and its a contributing factor to their lack of success.