Matt Birk

SoulMan

Sign Birk, we won't have to wait 10 games for a running game to appear. Edwards could step up in the pocket. Locker room leadership....priceless.

Polian will sign him before we do, though.

He's a Harvard guy too. I think having a Harvard guy at center would be a pretty good asset. Sign me up for this guy too...hopefully Polian will go for a younger guy like Jason Brown or just keep Saturday.

Sign Birk, we won't have to wait 10 games for a running game to appear. Edwards could step up in the pocket. Locker room leadership....priceless.

Polian will sign him before we do, though.

I agree, either he or Jason Brown should be priority #1 in Free Agency. though Browns natural position is Guard. Birk might command too much $ as the top O/L man available though.

Mike Goff.

While the Chargers would probably prefer to keep Goff, they've been effective in drafting and developing linemen and might look for Goff’s replacement at a better price. Goff has been a leader who simply goes about his business and players LT have benefited from his level of play. Goff has played for a quality line for some time and he’s a big part of the equation when it comes to success. He's 32, has stayed healthy his entire career, and Buffalo's O-line average age is 26. He could provide some valuable leadership, something Jason Peters seems to lack at the moment, and something we desperately need.

I agree, either he or Jason Brown should be priority #1 in Free Agency. though Browns natural position is Guard. Birk might command too much $ as the top O/L man available though.

What are we 30 million UNDER the cap? Trust me we can afford his asking price.

What are we 30 million UNDER the cap? Trust me we can afford his asking price.

When people discuss whether or not we can afford players it has more to do witht the signing bonus than the contract itself. plus if we still employ the cash to the cap phillosophy how much of a bonus can we put under this year's cap.

He's a Harvard guy too. I think having a Harvard guy at center would be a pretty good asset. Sign me up for this guy too...hopefully Polian will go for a younger guy like Jason Brown or just keep Saturday.

Are the Colts in the market for a center? Because if they are, I'd take Saturday in a second and draft a young guy to learn from him.

i thought i heard brown was going to resign, so birk is about it.

They should offer Birk as much as the jests gave Faneca or more.

Then, they should trade down a few spots for another 2nd, and add a TE, DE, DT and OG in the first 3 rounds. After that, the bndba (best non-defensive back available). :huh:

Wake me up when this happens.

Bingo ! Would that our front office geniuses see it the same way !

They should offer Birk as much as the jests gave Faneca or more.

Then, they should trade down a few spots for another 2nd, and add a TE, DE, DT and OG in the first 3 rounds. After that, the bndba (best non-defensive back available). :worthy:

Wake me up when this happens.

Wait a minute! Wasn't Birk the guy who basically ended Minnesota's chance at winning their playoff game with 2-3 bad snaps in the second half???

Otherwise, I agree in general. We have solid talent at all the skill positions that is either already there, or can be developed. The only thing I would add for sure is a late round QB...a project pick= big talent, less experience, etc.

I don't care as much about center as I once did, now that Folwer is gone.

Instead, we need to be aggressive in getting the best TE we can find. I don't care how. On multiple occasions this year, Edwards was able to roll/step up in the pocket and find the TE. The problem was: the damn TE would drop the stupid thing/not get out of bounds, etc.

The only reason I would defer getting a TE is: if you think that Derek Fine is going to play as well as his name.