So Arizona is playing with their hair on fire...

I'm a "defense" guy. I think ultimately the team with the best defense in the playoffs wins. I have to admit that AZ's defense has been on fire lately, but PIT's and BAL's defenses are better.

And there's just something about Kurt Warner. I can't put my finger on it, but there's just something about him that I don't like. Part of it might be the whole "I'm doing this for the glory of Jesus" thing. I get a little tired of multimillion dollar athletes thinking that Jesus or God or whatever doesn't have better things to do than care about who wins a football game.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow - just think back when Edge left for Arizona - they sucked so bad and people thought he was insane - now he's going to the SB with them - unbelievable.

I think Fitzgerald may just be my favortite player in the NFL now....

Definitely the MVP of the Cards' playoff run. His agent is loving life right now.

Thank god.

I work in Philly and there isnt one person who didnt think (or know for a fact) the Eagles would win by 30+.

I had to argue with people that this isnt the first time ever (they already counted the superbowl won) that 2 teams from the same city won a major championship.

A lot of them have very little knowledge and probably couldnt name 8 players on the Eagles.

can Warner do a single !@#$ing interview without mentioning God or Jesus?

I mean, this is a football game, right?

Exactly. As if God or Jesus is all that concerned about a game. It's beyond pretentious. Frank Reich is a devout christian, but you didn't hear him proclaiming it to everyone, whether they wanted to hear aobut it or not.

And besides, what is he going to say if he loses? "Jesus made me throw that interception" ?

Exactly. As if God or Jesus is all that concerned about a game. It's beyond pretentious. Frank Reich is a devout christian, but you didn't hear him proclaiming it to everyone, whether they wanted to hear aobut it or not.

And besides, what is he going to say if he loses? "Jesus made me throw that interception" ?

Yeah that is very annoying...so God doesn't like the other team as much?

Equally annoying is Akers' (philly kicker) exaggerated gestures to 'God' every time he makes a kick. When he missed, he just clapped his hands. Guess god didn't help matters or deserve praise for his/her guidance on the miss.

I absolutely hate that shiit.

I'm a "defense" guy. I think ultimately the team with the best defense in the playoffs wins. I have to admit that AZ's defense has been on fire lately, but PIT's and BAL's defenses are better.

And there's just something about Kurt Warner. I can't put my finger on it, but there's just something about him that I don't like. Part of it might be the whole "I'm doing this for the glory of Jesus" thing. I get a little tired of multimillion dollar athletes thinking that Jesus or God or whatever doesn't have better things to do than care about who wins a football game.

I'll take credit for that.

Because I speculated that was the reason people didn't like Kurt Warner. I did so earlier this year on this board and as far as I'm concerned that's the only reason most people don't like Kurt Warner.

And it's sad really. Just because he's "Jesus Boy" doesn't mean he's a bad player. People seem to want to find faults with Kurt and they'll say he'll never make the hall of fame because they don't like his stance on religion.

My feeling is people should just judge the players performance not his personality.

I think this is the end of the road for Andy Reid and McNabb in Philly. Bad O planning in the first half and poor throwing by McNabb. And no, I don't want McNabb on the Bills

They should have ran the ball more. I think in the first half. Weird game. Two different halfs. Their defense did everything to win the game in the second half, except that last drive.

Because I speculated that was the reason people didn't like Kurt Warner. I did so earlier this year on this board and as far as I'm concerned that's the only reason most people don't like Kurt Warner.

And it's sad really. Just because he's "Jesus Boy" doesn't mean he's a bad player. People seem to want to find faults with Kurt and they'll say he'll never make the hall of fame because they don't like his stance on religion.

My feeling is people should just judge the players performance not his personality.

I think he's a great player, but bringing religion into it just takes something away from it for me. But he definitely belongs in the Hall. He's got all the prerequisites. SB win, lots of yards, longevity. But the religion thing will have an impact on the decision for the people who vote. But then again he may not care whether he makes the Hall.

I guess people on this board would grow to hate Tim Tebow if he was ever on this team. Trent is also a "jesus boy" but doesn't mention it as much as Warner does. To be honest, while some find it annoying, it doesn't really bug me and I'm not some hugely religious person. It is what it is.

I guess people on this board would grow to hate Tim Tebow if he was ever on this team. Trent is also a "jesus boy" but doesn't mention it as much as Warner does. To be honest, while some find it annoying, it doesn't really bug me and I'm not some hugely religious person. It is what it is.

One of my all time favorite Bills players was Frank Reich, who is a devout christian. But Frank didn't feel the need to proclaim his faith every time someone put a microphone in front of him. He took into consideration that the people who might be listening might not agree with him. He also understood that he was playing a game. I think it's a lot classier to approach it that way.

One of my all time favorite Bills players was Frank Reich, who is a devout christian. But Frank didn't feel the need to proclaim his faith every time someone put a microphone in front of him. He took into consideration that the people who might be listening might not agree with him. He also understood that he was playing a game. I think it's a lot classier to approach it that way.

Completely agree.

Yeah that is very annoying...so God doesn't like the other team as much?

Equally annoying is Akers' (philly kicker) exaggerated gestures to 'God' every time he makes a kick. When he missed, he just clapped his hands. Guess god didn't help matters or deserve praise for his/her guidance on the miss.

I absolutely hate that shiit.

I'm not a religious person but you guys are making something out of nothing. So what, why do you care who he thanks? It's not like he's putting bulletin board material up. It's no different then him thanking family. When you make it to a super bowl then you all can thank whomever you'd like but until then you're stuck listening to Jesus boy. You are acting no different then the people suing over the inaugural oath. <_<

I got home late so I just finished watching the game and WOW...what a friggin great game. I found myself as fired up rooting for the Cards as any game in a long time. Unreal to blow that big lead and then have the balls to come back with that drive to pull it out. The screen pass for a TD was huge. If Philly only needs 3, they approach that last drive differently.

Kurt Warner -- Good for him; what a fantastic game. Welcome to the HOF.

Larry Fitzgerald -- this guy is like bird strikes on airplanes. Huge issue for years but now suddenly a whole lot of people who didn't know about it yesterday do now. I'd take him over any WR in football -- hands down.

Offensive line & Edge/Hightower -- they weren't supposed to run that effectively against the Philly D. But then again, they've been doing it throughout the playoffs.

AZ coaching staff -- another example of outstanding young coaches [restraining myself from drawing bitter comparison.....]

McNabb -- lol...he still sucks. If Edwards ever threw as many horrible passes to wide open receivers as this guy, people on this board would be calling for a crucification.

Philly fans -- screw you. One title is enough for you this year.

Cardinals -- how can you not feel happy for a team that's been waiting for 60+ years?

GO ARIZONA!!!

I got home late so I just finished watching the game and WOW...what a friggin great game. I found myself as fired up rooting for the Cards as any game in a long time. Unreal to blow that big lead and then have the balls to come back with that drive to pull it out. The screen pass for a TD was huge. If Philly only needs 3, they approach that last drive differently.

Kurt Warner -- Good for him; what a fantastic game. Welcome to the HOF.

Larry Fitzgerald -- this guy is like bird strikes on airplanes. Huge issue for years but now suddenly a whole lot of people who didn't know about it yesterday do now. I'd take him over any WR in football -- hands down.

Offensive line & Edge/Hightower -- they weren't supposed to run that effectively against the Philly D. But then again, they've been doing it throughout the playoffs.

AZ coaching staff -- another example of outstanding young coaches [restraining myself from drawing bitter comparison.....]

McNabb -- lol...he still sucks. If Edwards ever threw as many horrible passes to wide open receivers as this guy, people on this board would be calling for a crucification.

Philly fans -- screw you. One title is enough for you this year.

Cardinals -- how can you not feel happy for a team that's been waiting for 60+ years?

GO ARIZONA!!!

Great post.

McNabb did come roaring back in the second half. But he did throw many horrible passes on routine routes where guys were open.

I'm not a religious person but you guys are making something out of nothing. So what, why do you care who he thanks? It's not like he's putting bulletin board material up. It's no different then him thanking family. When you make it to a super bowl then you all can thank whomever you'd like but until then you're stuck listening to Jesus boy. You are acting no different then the people suing over the inaugural oath. :)

Thats right, a little God never hurt. :rolleyes: