So, do we start shopping?

Losman going down Blows. Even with the couple posts saying its not the end of the world, or its even good for him mentally (talk about rose colored glasses!), this does suck. It blows, we've seen it happen to other teams, and didnt care, but now its us and it sucks.

Ok, that out of the way, s#it happens. Now what? I now we played several years with only 2 QBs. Do it again? Or do we go shopping? Or do we go with that #4 guy i saw standing looking confused in a picture somewhere?

Just wondering what you guys think the best idea is as far as salary cap, roster space, and simple need.

Losman going down Blows. Even with the couple posts saying its not the end of the world, or its even good for him mentally (talk about rose colored glasses!), this does suck. It blows, we've seen it happen to other teams, and didnt care, but now its us and it sucks.

Ok, that out of the way, s#it happens. Now what? I now we played several years with only 2 QBs. Do it again? Or do we go shopping? Or do we go with that #4 guy i saw standing looking confused in a picture somewhere?

Just wondering what you guys think the best idea is as far as salary cap, roster space, and simple need.

6737[/snapback]

Why not see what Zolman can do? He knows the offense, and honestly, we're talking about the emergency QB here. I mean, how many games did Gale Gilbert ever actually play in?

Possibly. I'd say it depends one what decisions they were coming to regarding Travis Brown before Losman's injury. IMO Losman was going to ride the bench the entire season anyway. In any event, I'm sure they are devoting more attention to other team's likely/possible cuts now.

It's a coin flip to me...

I am confused. Do you think it sucks or do you think it blows? Either way, it is certainly colorful and insightful analysis and a Freudian could have a good time trying to figure what is on your mind.

I am confused.  Do you think it sucks or do you think it blows?  Either way, it is certainly colorful and insightful analysis and a Freudian could have a good time trying to figure what is on your mind.

6756[/snapback]

It's kind of like a jet engine. It sucks AND blows at the same time.

I was going to respond with my usual babble... Then I noticed your sig!

Just wanted to let you know it is working?

:unsure:

6768[/snapback]

Yes, it's working. A lot fewer people respond to me now. I assume that's because when people now read my posts, they're forced to reconsider their opinions and bring them more in line with my brilliance, thus mitigating the need to respond and argue with me. :flirt:

The REALLY scary thing is how many people are going to take the above seriously. They are, of course, precisely the people my sig is directed at. :(

You can talk about the OL all you want,

but the biggest weakness on this team right now is

NO plan B at QB should Bledsoe get hurt or suck again.

Absolutely you go out and get a serviceable QB for 2nd string.

Buffalo played part of last season with only two QBs on the roster, and could do the same this year. They will need to be convinced that TB is going to be a solid reliever (to borrow terminology from baseball). They will certainly want to carry a QB on their practice squad, in whom they have at least some confidence that he will at least be competitive if he had to play. I think Zolman is going to get some playing time this week to see what he can do. Thus far in camp, I think he's done absolutely nothing, but then I don't thnk he's had enough reps to really get in any kind of rhythem. I'm sure he doesn't wish an injury on anyone, but this is probably as much chance as he's ever going to get from the Bills to show what he can do. If he looks really bad, you can bet TD will be scouring the waiver wire when cutdown day comes.

The big issue is the roster spot. If we do not put Losman on IR, we use a roster spot for a player who might not practice with the team. Forget if Losman was #2 or #3, the idea is he would have PRACTICED the entire season to learn the offense. Now we will use 1 of the 53 roster spots on him so he is eligible to still practice with the team when and if he comes back. But, we cannot keep him on the 53 roster AND get another QB. Unless we PS a QB.

You can talk about the OL all you want,

but the biggest weakness on this team right now is

NO plan B at QB should Bledsoe get hurt or suck again.

Absolutely you go out and get a serviceable QB for 2nd string.

6799[/snapback]

Rico, have you watched the 2 PS games this year? I really disliked T Brown last year and couldn't understand why he was still on the roster when he got hurt. But, I have to give him credit, he seems to have turned himself around. He looks confident, accurate and able to QB this team (at least for a few games, if needed).

Yes, it's working.  A lot fewer people respond to me now.  I assume that's because when people now read my posts, they're forced to reconsider their opinions and bring them more in line with my brilliance, thus mitigating the need to respond and argue with me.  <_<

Perhaps you might try this as a sig line, an excerpt from a Shiller essay about religion in ancient Egypt:

"I am that which is. I am all, what is, what was, what will be; no mortal man has lifted my veil. He is only and solely of himself, and to this only one all things owe their existence".

Modify as needed.. :D

6778[/snapback]

Yes, it's working.  A lot fewer people respond to me now.  I assume that's because when people now read my posts, they're forced to reconsider their opinions and bring them more in line with my brilliance, thus mitigating the need to respond and argue with me.  <_<

6778[/snapback]

Perhaps you might try this as a sig line, an excerpt from a Schiller essay about religion in ancient Egypt:

"I am that which is. I am all, what is, what was, what will be; no mortal man has lifted my veil. He is only and solely of himself, and to this only one all things owe their existence".

Modify as needed.. :D