Sabres tonight

Anyone else catch their game against the stars? Down 3-0 in the 2nd, and down 3-1 and 4-2 in the third. Great comeback win in a shootout! Go Buffalo!!

I am so pissed...I dozed off during the final few minutes, after they tied it up and missed the shootout..long day at work. The first half of the game, the Sabres just looked flat and lifeless... the Stars seem to fall into the same malaze for the second half... still not sure about this team, but if nothing else, I am starting to feel like they really do have some up and coming talent. I wish now that I had gone to the game. Some friends drove up today (from Austin) for the game. I just couldn't get out of work. Second year in a row the Sabres play a great game in Dallas. Don't know if you saw the Sabres or Stars feed for the game. I got the Stars feed, and to a man, all of the Dallas broadcasters (who I have to begrudingly admit are pretty good) commented that the auditorium felt like the game was in Buffalo. One of the guys said that the only visiting team that could challange the Sabres fans in Dallas were the Red Wings... good show!

I am so pissed...I dozed off during the final few minutes, after they tied it up and missed the shootout..long day at work. The first half of the game, the Sabres just looked flat and lifeless... the Stars seem to fall into the same malaze for the second half... still not sure about this team, but if nothing else, I am starting to feel like they really do have some up and coming talent. I wish now that I had gone to the game. Some friends drove up today (from Austin) for the game. I just couldn't get out of work. Second year in a row the Sabres play a great game in Dallas. Don't know if you saw the Sabres or Stars feed for the game. I got the Stars feed, and to a man, all of the Dallas broadcasters (who I have to begrudingly admit are pretty good) commented that the auditorium felt like the game was in Buffalo. One of the guys said that the only visiting team that could challange the Sabres fans in Dallas were the Red Wings... good show!

That's great to hear -re: our fandom across the nation. Same can be said for Nashville and Tampa games. Sadly for us, the Sabres only play once in Big D and Nashville/Atl.

Likewise, can't get a true feeling of this team, but missing the playoffs will still mean the team sucks -regardless of the quality in the conference..

Go Buffalo!

the Buffalo crowd was audible from the beginning. Good show.

I am getting ready for a 7 am flight to Florida tomorrow - I am stopping in at the panthers game (I just bought tickets!) so I am thrilled they awoke last night

too bad I, too, only made it to the 3-1 point and went to bed.

Go Swordsmen!

Was a great time there last night. Buffalo sports fans are the best. I did feel bad for a little kid behind me (stars fan) about eight years old and seemed to be genuinely upset that the Stars lost. As for the other Dallas fans sitting around me - screw them!!! Hopefully the Sabres make a good push at the end of the season.

It wasn't a great win, a great win is when they get an early lead and then keep the pressure on the other team. They started this game the same as against Chicago, getting outhustled and outscored. Miller continues to have problems with long shots from the point. Connolly is more of a defensive liability than an offensive asset. They got 2 points, but they didn't put the effort in until the game was halfway over.

It wasn't a great win, a great win is when they get an early lead and then keep the pressure on the other team. They started this game the same as against Chicago, getting outhustled and outscored. Miller continues to have problems with long shots from the point. Connolly is more of a defensive liability than an offensive asset. They got 2 points, but they didn't put the effort in until the game was halfway over.

Please accept this half empty glass of water.

I'm really impressed with Miller. Was watching this game last night in between the Sharks/Flames. In the shootout Miller was fantastic. Last Friday I watched the Sabres/Rangers game and he was the #1 guy in that one. Sabres can go on a nice run if he keeps playing like this.

A little aside. I thought the combo of the Dallas camera angle(kinda low) and HD was incredible. Not sure if MSG gives you the same low angle as I was watching the Dallas Fox feed.

Please accept this half empty glass of water.

Struggling against a team that's near the bottom of their conference isn't something to cheer about. Your glass must be full of kool-aid. I look at the team realistically, not a blind supporter who accepts mediocre play, which they've had for most of the season. Miller is unsteady; makes some great saves then gives up soft goals. The power play is terrible, and the defense plays too soft. Getting rid of players like Tallinder, Max, and Connolly are overdue.

I am close to this sentiment, just in a different way. It pisses me off to see their legs get going the 2nd last night, tells me they can give that effort more often. And I do not want to hear 2nd of back to backs, as if that was the case, they should have had the effort agaisn't the Hawks then, which they did not. Lack of 100% effort frustrates me more than any physical limitations.

I am close to this sentiment, just in a different way. It pisses me off to see their legs get going the 2nd last night, tells me they can give that effort more often. And I do not want to hear 2nd of back to backs, as if that was the case, they should have had the effort agaisn't the Hawks then, which they did not. Lack of 100% effort frustrates me more than any physical limitations.

We were sitting right at the end of the Buffalo bench and I told my wife they (the sabres looked tired). They really did play flat footed until about the end of the 2Q. Miller was horrible in the 1st Q. They really did pick it up in the 3rd though.

We were sitting right at the end of the Buffalo bench and I told my wife they (the sabres looked tired). They really did play flat footed until about the end of the 2Q. Miller was horrible in the 1st Q. They really did pick it up in the 3rd though.

Huh? :lol:

Give him a break, afterall he is in Dallas.

I might try to do a Scooby here and talk about my car. Problem is that it is a twelve year old Chrysler .... It is worth about as much as the average trash can in Buffalo .... My wife laughs because I refuse to buy new cars until the old ones have fallen apart and are pasted back together about ten times. She does drive a very nice luxury car though. :lol:

Look at shots on goal through the first and the score through the second. They were lucky to come out of the game with points. How can you say Miller was anything but bad in the 1st? He was awsome in the SO.

BB how many quarters are there in a hockey game? :lol:

I mean to tell y'all:

I won tix to the Blackhawks v Sabres game this past Wednesday night at the United Center. I got them from the Bills bar here in Chicago and they HOOKED IT UP- great seats!! It was my first NHL game, and I'm ashamed to say (here) that I don't really follow the Sabres (or hockey in general). But man did they look crappy on Wednesday. Definitely a fun time, as the Blackhawks fans (nearly sold out) were going ape.

Just a quick LAMP