2009 draft- how great would this be

mjohns85

I will bow down to the Bills FO if they land a premier DE in Rd1, get Mack next and then Coffman n the 3rd...that would just be sick...

Add in some quality at LB through FA...oh man, what an offseason that would be...

As I continue to dream, we somehow lure Dawkins out of Philly to give us some attitude on D and show Whitner how to lead by example and truly be feared at Safety...

I think I just felt my left nipple perk up...

I don't know about taking Michael Johnson at #11. I think he'll be around in the 2nd round possibly because his #'s weren't that impressive this year compared to the other DE's. But if we land a premier DE, Mack, and Coffman I'd be as happy as I could be after day 1 of the draft.

When will people stop looking at rankings and start actually watching the players play?

Alex Mack and Michael Johnson DO NOT fit the style of player we need. Just because they are ranked at the top of their positions doesn't mean we should draft them. Christ.

I am not completely sold on Johnson yet, I prefer Everett Brown at this juncture. Alex Mack I'd love to have, There is no doubt that he would be a great fit for our team, and Kaufmann I've been drooling about for a while now. I love the idea of drafting DE in the first, center in second and TE in the third. I hope that this plays out for us.

When will people stop looking at rankings and start actually watching the players play?

Alex Mack and Michael Johnson DO NOT fit the style of player we need. Just because they are ranked at the top of their positions doesn't mean we should draft them. Christ.

How does a great center NOT fit the style of player we need? WTF?

And who still believes Alex Mack will last until the 2nd round?

Who would you suggest?

I agree that many of Mack's talents would not be utlized in such a basic offensive line scheme such as the Bills...line up and maul the guy in front of you. Mack seems to be good at many types of blocking, but definitely has great mobility.

I also think talent is talent and we need more of it.

The last line of the article says the Bills can compete with the rest of the division if the right moves are made. We all know better don't we? It's going to take more than a DE to turn this around, regardless of how much praise he gets.

How does a great center NOT fit the style of player we need? WTF?

And who still believes Alex Mack will last until the 2nd round?

Um... probably because he is a lighter (in strength) center who's strengths are getting out to the linebackers, pulling on toss plays, being agile, athletic and very smart, and doesn't do well at all when there's a DT over his nose. He struggles in the run game pushing the nose tackle back, and gets bull rushed very easily. Definitely NOT the style we need when we face 3-4 defenses and he's going to have to handle Vince Wilfork, Kris Jenkins, and Jason Ferguson 6 times next year, not to mention Pittsburgh and any other 3-4 team we face next season.

We need a center that can handle the big man over his face and can get some push in the run game.

To answer the other poster's question, I recommend Antoine Caldwell or Max Unger, because they fit the bill to a tee.

Um... probably because he is a lighter (in strength) center who's strengths are getting out to the linebackers, pulling on toss plays, being agile, athletic and very smart, and doesn't do well at all when there's a DT over his nose. He struggles in the run game pushing the nose tackle back, and gets bull rushed very easily. Definitely NOT the style we need when we face 3-4 defenses and he's going to have to handle Vince Wilfork, Kris Jenkins, and Jason Ferguson 6 times next year, not to mention Pittsburgh and any other 3-4 team we face next season.

We need a center that can handle the big man over his face and can get some push in the run game.

To answer the other poster's question, I recommend Andre Caldwell or Max Unger, because they fit the bill to a tee.

Unger!

so all it will take is a good draft and we are playoff bound? gimme a friggin break. our bonehead front office could screw up a wet dream. lets just say this senario happens we get all three, frick, we get Orakpo,Mack and Coffman, one of these guys will be a bust and the other two will take time to develop into the players they were in COLLEGE( you know that place where not everyone you play is pro caliber?) Instead, every year, from late december till mid July there is BS sense of optimism that some how, this front office, regardless of year after year after year of stupid decisions, poor drafting, completly flabergasting Free agent moves and a "piss down your back and tell you its rainning" media spin from Chris Brown, belief that some how, some way, this year is different.

Do yourselves a favor, cancel your season tickets(I did, anyone want 2 seats in the Van Miller club can PM me) get a frickin hobby that doesnt involve speculating about a pack of carreer losers and check back in with these losers sometime in the 1st week of september if you are interested in a rerun of the past 10 myear.

I want to puke. sorry for my rant.

The last line of the article says the Bills can compete with the rest of the division if the right moves are made. We all know better don't we? It's going to take more than a DE to turn this around, regardless of how much praise he gets.

That's why we should target Bertrand Berry in FA, draft Everette Brown, Chase Coffman and Antoine Caldwell. Remaining picks should go OLB,DT,DT,QB.

I dont see how Johnson does not fit our scheme. He is pretty much a prototypical 4-3 end. Add 20 lbs of muscle and he is a physical twin to Peppers and Mario Williams. That being said, I dont think he is as good as Brown. Brown looks likes and plays like Freeny. Similar size and skill set. However in college Johnson has played both right and left end, and I think he could in the pros as well. Brown I feel would never line up on the left side.

Secondly, Drafting Mack and Coffman 2-3 is a pipedream. We can pobably count on getting one of those guys in the second, but both will be gone by the third. I think best chances of filling those holes are 1-DE, 2-TE (Coffman or Pettigrew) 3- Best C left, maybe needing to trade back into the 2nd to make sure. I would be fine with that considering it would cost a 4th or 5th.

That's why we should target Bertrand Berry in FA, draft Everette Brown, Chase Coffman and Antoine Caldwell. Remaining picks should go OLB,DT,DT,QB.

And a solid veteran QB. But is Ralph willing to do what it takes to get free agents like that? I think the majority of us doubt he will.

Well then explain the style we play and how it differs from the players. This statement holds no baring without that information.

so all it will take is a good draft and we are playoff bound? gimme a friggin break. our bonehead front office could screw up a wet dream. lets just say this senario happens we get all three, frick, we get Orakpo,Mack and Coffman, one of these guys will be a bust and the other two will take time to develop into the players they were in COLLEGE( you know that place where not everyone you play is pro caliber?) Instead, every year, from late december till mid July there is BS sense of optimism that some how, this front office, regardless of year after year after year of stupid decisions, poor drafting, completly flabergasting Free agent moves and a "piss down your back and tell you its rainning" media spin from Chris Brown, belief that some how, some way, this year is different.

Do yourselves a favor, cancel your season tickets(I did, anyone want 2 seats in the Van Miller club can PM me) get a frickin hobby that doesnt involve speculating about a pack of carreer losers and check back in with these losers sometime in the 1st week of september if you are interested in a rerun of the past 10 myear.

It's called being a fan and rooting for a team enjoy it or leave the board.

And a solid veteran QB. But is Ralph willing to do what it takes to get free agents like that? I think the majority of us doubt he will.

he has brought in free agents the past few years--The Bills are smart when it comes to marketing, at least Brandon is. He knows some people need to be signed to be able to sell tickets.

I don't know what's more pathetic, your disdain for the Bills or that you spend your time complaining about them here.