Leftwhich high on bills FA board?

K-Gun10

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some games leftwich plays well. Most of the time he looks bored and slow. He has a very strong arm. I believe his poor attitude got him banished from jacksonville.

Yeah and the fact that Gerrard totally outplayed him every time he got in a game.

Still, I'd like to see the Bills sign him and open it up in training camp and see who wins.

So basically we will get a D rate backup for next year cause moron Chris Brown says Trent is entrenched at the QB spot. So when Trent goes down for his once a year injury for 5 games who will we have to depend on? Hamdan? What a joke!

That pass Limas Sweed dropped yesterday from Leftwhich was a beautiful pass.....we have not see those since the Kelly years.

Actually, have you forgotten about Drew Bledsoe as a Buffalo Bill. For the first half of the 2002 season, he put together a start of 8 games better than any stretch that Kelly ever had... say what you will about Bledsoe, but the guy had a tremedous arm...what did him in, was his lack of mobility. Drew threw the long ball as well as anyone... Leftwhich is only a little more mobile. Still though, I would sign him...although I know that will never happen. Keep in mind too, having a "great arm", or "cannon arm" really doesn't mean a hell of a lot, if the rest of your game has deficiencies.

In between Marv's stretch as the Bills HC, and the Bills "GM", in one of his media incarnations, he ranked Leftwhich as the best of the younger QB's in the leauge...

Incidently, after all the histrionics about the way Jp was "treated" by the Bills, by so many here, I am shocked by how many are tossing Edwards on the scrap heap already. I seem to recall Losman missing a number of games because of injury as well...or was that just a convenient excuse to sit him, because he was awful?

Anyways, I think the Bills need a vetran backup, but they won't land Leftwhich.

The scariest part of that statement is that the Bills brass has trent entrenched as the starter.

After JP averaged his stellar 2 wins per year in 5 seasons, I can understand your trepidation. 5 years of screaming good things about a textbook loser can cause one to have misgivings about a kid who might actually win something in the NFL. :wallbash:

After JP averaged his stellar 2 wins per year in 5 seasons, I can understand your trepidation. 5 years of screaming good things about a textbook loser can cause one to have misgivings about a kid who might actually win something in the NFL. :wallbash:

You really do have this strange obsession with JP Losman. Again, (and this is probably the 435th thread) you have taken a topic that has nothing to do with the bills former QB and brought him up.

When you're out having beers with friends, do you sit there and lament over and over again about the girl in 10th grade that dumped you, too?

The scariest part of that statement is that the Bills brass has trent entrenched as the starter.

It's not scary at all, it's only scary to fair-weather fans who think a QB should be Pro Bowl-calibre in his first game and that QBs should be changed like their underwear. Trent will be a very good QB.

You really do have this strange obsession with JP Losman. Again, (and this is probably the 435th thread) you have taken a topic that has nothing to do with the bills former QB and brought him up.

When you're out having beers with friends, do you sit there and lament over and over again about the girl in 10th grade that dumped you, too?

:wallbash: Good one!

Still, the point was valid. Give the kid some time, the way you gave it to Losman. That by the way isn't about JP. It is about you having a world of patience with one Bills player and a very short leash with another at the same position.

Actually, have you forgotten about Drew Bledsoe as a Buffalo Bill. For the first half of the 2002 season, he put together a start of 8 games better than any stretch that Kelly ever had... say what you will about Bledsoe, but the guy had a tremedous arm...what did him in, was his lack of mobility. Drew threw the long ball as well as anyone... Leftwhich is only a little more mobile. Still though, I would sign him...although I know that will never happen. Keep in mind too, having a "great arm", or "cannon arm" really doesn't mean a hell of a lot, if the rest of your game has deficiencies.

Drew was QB behind one of the worst O-lines in Bills history combined with 1 good but not great WR in Moulds and not another person who could catch a pass (including stone hands Travis Henry). He'd have been better behind the current line. Drew was at the end of his career but the guy had an incredible arm.

:wallbash: Good one!

Still, the point was valid. Give the kid some time, the way you gave it to Losman. That by the way isn't about JP. It is about you having a world of patience with one Bills player and a very short leash with another at the same position.

I'm not terribly excited about not having some competition for him. However, if he were to win the starting job in camp, then he should start the season. Same deal as it was with JP. You get or win the job, you get the season.

:oops: Good one!

People threw JP under the bus after 20 games and anybody that said he needed to be given time was declared his homosexual lover. Well, guess what? Trent has had 20 starts and now you want patience? :wallbash:

BTW, I agree that patience would be a good thing. Although, I'm not excited about Edwards brittleness ... reminds me of Rob Johnson in that.

I'm not terribly excited about not having some competition for him. However, if he were to win the starting job in camp, then he should start the season. Same deal as it was with JP. You get or win the job, you get the season.

Again, people seem to conveniently forget that JP was handed the starting job, with all of about three snaps under his belt, over a 12 year vet...

Again, people seem to conveniently forget that JP was handed the starting job, with all of about three snaps under his belt, over a 12 year vet...

And that was a piss poor decision on the part of bills management.

Guest dog14787
It's not scary at all, it's only scary to fair-weather fans who think a QB should be Pro Bowl-calibre in his first game and that QBs should be changed like their underwear. Trent will be a very good QB.

Yes he will :beer:

Didn't I hear somewhere Garcia will be looking for a job? The fella does nothing but win ball games.

This story seems to be lacking some logic, like many of his stories. An outside observer would probably think that Kyle Orton had a heck of a better year than Trent. And didn't Chris Brown hear Lovie Smith say that Orton will go into the season as a starter last year? In my opinion, it would seem Orton is more "entrenched" than Trent.

Don't get me wrong, I'm pulling for Trent. I hope he has a great season next year.

But I don't think these other FA quarterbacks and their agents think in the same way. There's probably five QBs a year that started the season "entrenched" and lost their jobs by October. Its the NFL, it happens every year.

FA QBs and their agents know this, and they plan accordingly. I'm sure Leftwich and his agent have already compiled a list of all 32 teams and have rated which ones they believe have QBs on the hot seat.

And I would almost guarantee, in an agents eyes (regardless of what might come out publicly at One Bills Drive), the Bills are on that list of hot seat QBs.

Lefwich and his agent will, when they sign somewhere, even if they're a backup, say all the right things about how theyre there to help the team, blah blah. But if he gets his chance, you know he'll try his best to stay a starter.

It's the NFL, this is what happens.

I'm surprised Chris Brown would talk in such absolutes. But yeah, you can never trust state-run media, especially if its the Buffalo Bills.

I would bring him in (Leftwich) to see what he can offer.

Dont forget Jauron was the Jags DC while Leftwich was a starter. quote me if im wrong

So Jauron at least knows what he can do.

If they do bring him in make it an open QB fight. May the best man win but I do think Trent wins that battle. I hope they fix his shoulder in the meantime

Leftwich does have a slow release though but he still has a cannon of an arm