Leftwhich high on bills FA board?

K-Gun10

Pass. -no pun intended

I lived in Jax during Leftwhich's time there. Yeah, throws a decent pass but he's not just dim, he's scary stupid! Put a mic in front of him and he'll embarrass all of mankind. No thanks.

JP was not the playing with a full deck but he got 5 yrs here :beer:

gonna call the Bills address One Idiots Drive

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You really do have this strange obsession with JP Losman. Again, (and this is probably the 435th thread) you have taken a topic that has nothing to do with the bills former QB and brought him up.

When you're out having beers with friends, do you sit there and lament over and over again about the girl in 10th grade that dumped you, too?

I think the key is that so many of the people so skeptical about Edwards were the same ones who were such defenders of Losman. It's hard for one not to wonder whether there is some bitterness there taken out on Edwards.

Did they? He has a legion of fans on this board, and he has lost more than 2/3 of the games he has started. :beer:

I see few Bills games, but check-down TE seems to me to be yet another QB placeholder this team has had since Kelly. He hasn't impressed me as a field general commanding the troops, winning games by force of personality. IMO, he's "Jauronesque". Perhaps that will change - dunno.

Sorry.

I see few Bills games, but check-down TE seems to me to be yet another QB placeholder this team has had since Kelly. He hasn't impressed me as a field general commanding the troops, winning games by force of personality. IMO, he's "Jauronesque". Perhaps that will change - dunno.

Sorry.

Which games did you see this year?

I would bring him in (Leftwich) to see what he can offer.

Dont forget Jauron was the Jags DC while Leftwich was a starter. quote me if im wrong

So Jauron at least knows what he can do.

If they do bring him in make it an open QB fight. May the best man win but I do think Trent wins that battle. I hope they fix his shoulder in the meantime

Leftwich does have a slow release though but he still has a cannon of an arm

You're wrong. He was the HC of the Bears and DC of Detriot when Leftwich was in Jax

They is YOU Bill and YES YOU threw JP under the bus at about 10 GAMES played by him.

I never wanted him at all, and blasted the idiotic trade that brought him here. But, I went to the stadium and cheered him. I even praised him after his few decent games. Then, 2 things became clear:

1) He is shockingly bad and finds ways to lose.

2) Trent was a better option.

This story seems to be lacking some logic, like many of his stories. An outside observer would probably think that Kyle Orton had a heck of a better year than Trent. And didn't Chris Brown hear Lovie Smith say that Orton will go into the season as a starter last year? In my opinion, it would seem Orton is more "entrenched" than Trent.

IIRC Orton had a pretty solid year while he was in, but had injury issues all year. . . .

I think the key is that so many of the people so skeptical about Edwards were the same ones who were such defenders of Losman. It's hard for one not to wonder whether there is some bitterness there taken out on Edwards.

I am very skeptical of Trent and was not a defender of JP ever. I'm skeptical of Trent because he's so darn inconsistent. One minute he looks like Joe Montana and later in the same day he looks like Joe Dufek. In both seasons he's played he's come in like gang busters and then tailed off. I have no bitterness for Trent, I just want to win. If Trent can do it, great. If not, let's get someone in here who can.

I never wanted him at all, and blasted the idiotic trade that brought him here. But, I went to the stadium and cheered him. I even praised him after his few decent games. Then, 2 things became clear:

3) Trent was a better option.

I along with everyone else will cheer for Trent in 09. I will also praise him after his few decent games, but by the end of next season it will be clear to EVERYONE except YOU, C.Biscuit 97 & a FEW others why Trent went UNDRAFTED until the Bills took him in the 3rd round.

I never wanted him at all, and blasted the idiotic trade that brought him here. But, I went to the stadium and cheered him. I even praised him after his few decent games.

Ironic. Why call other fans names ("fanboy", "lover", "you have a crush on JP") when all they wanted was to see the guy play well because he was a Buffalo Bill when you felt the same exact way?

Then, 2 things became clear:

3) Trent was a better option.

That is the crux of the argument. Some people thought and believe that Trent Edwards was a better option after seeing him in 2 to 4 games last year and went of a jihad to claim Edwards was a savior, despite very little evidence. Lacking evidence they instead turned to ridiculing other Bills fans for saying anything not absolutely negative of the guy everybody knew was struggling and lacking in areas of his game from before he was even drafted. ("He sucks and he'll always suck." As if absolute slogans like that are arguable and defensible opinions.) The cold hard fact is that Edwards still hasn't proven himself and still hasn't shown he isn't injury prone, the latest being he was drafted with some problem with his throwing shoulder.

I hope Trent works out. But, yes, I'm skeptical as he hasn't shown he can get it done. If he can stay on the field, figure out how to throw a deep ball, and how to play QB against a 3-4 defense, that'd be a nice improvement.

This story seems to be lacking some logic, like many of his stories. An outside observer would probably think that Kyle Orton had a heck of a better year than Trent. And didn't Chris Brown hear Lovie Smith say that Orton will go into the season as a starter last year? In my opinion, it would seem Orton is more "entrenched" than Trent.

Don't get me wrong, I'm pulling for Trent. I hope he has a great season next year.

But I don't think these other FA quarterbacks and their agents think in the same way. There's probably five QBs a year that started the season "entrenched" and lost their jobs by October. Its the NFL, it happens every year.

FA QBs and their agents know this, and they plan accordingly. I'm sure Leftwich and his agent have already compiled a list of all 32 teams and have rated which ones they believe have QBs on the hot seat.

And I would almost guarantee, in an agents eyes (regardless of what might come out publicly at One Bills Drive), the Bills are on that list of hot seat QBs.

Lefwich and his agent will, when they sign somewhere, even if they're a backup, say all the right things about how theyre there to help the team, blah blah. But if he gets his chance, you know he'll try his best to stay a starter.

It's the NFL, this is what happens.

I'm surprised Chris Brown would talk in such absolutes. But yeah, you can never trust state-run media, especially if its the Buffalo Bills.

Wasn't one of Ralph Wilson's arguments why Tom Modrak should be elevated to the inner circle that Modrak had reputedly been arguing for the Bills to draft Cutler? Cutler plays QB, right? And this was just after the Bills had faced the Broncos, right? Just saying, you might be on the something.

I along with everyone else will cheer for Trent in 09. I will also praise him after his few decent games, but by the end of next season it will be clear to EVERYONE except YOU, C.Biscuit 97 & a FEW others why Trent went UNDRAFTED until the Bills took him in the 3rd round.

Ypu forgot to tell Tom Brady that it matters where a quarterback is drafted. C'mon....you can do better than that. How much did it help JP, other than to get handed the job for no reason?

That is the crux of the argument. Some people thought and believe that Trent Edwards was a better option after seeing him in 2 to 4 games last year and went of a jihad to claim Edwards was a savior, despite very little evidence. Lacking evidence they instead turned to ridiculing other Bills fans for saying anything not absolutely negative of the guy everybody knew was struggling and lacking in areas of his game from before he was even drafted.

This is where we disagree. You are now using absolutes such as "savior." Right?

As for evidence, it started in preseason, where Trent might have led the entire league in passing stats. This was not evidence of hall of fame induction. It was an indication that he might be a better option than a guy who simply continued to lose, and it turned out to ne true.

As for evidence, it started in preseason, where Trent might have led the entire league in passing stats. This was not evidence of hall of fame induction. It was an indication that he might be a better option than a guy who simply continued to lose, and it turned out to ne true.

2006 7-9

2007 7-9

2008 7-9

great point

How many of the losses in 07 and 08 were games that JP started? He is 10-23 John. What is not to see?

Edwards started 7 of the 9 losses the team had this season, Bill. He was also the QB of record when the team went on a first-to-worst slide in the division, and was the QB for 4 of their division losses. What is not to see?

No, Bill, "savior" is not an absolute. By absolute, I mean judgments such as always, never, can't, won't, etc. Specifically in reference to your own posts, I don't know if you ever called Trent a savior but I do know you posted thoughts last year that "this kid is going to be really, really good" and such. When you couple that with other people's thought processes that the only person in the game of football that matters is the QB, then you can see where "savior" starts. BTW, I know your position on the lines, so I'm not saying you have QB myopia. :beer:

Hmm. The goal is to win a Super Bowl. Edwards hasn't shown he can beat a decent defense with anything close to regularity for me to believe that he is a capable of leading a team to a championship; pre-season games notwithstanding. I don't blame the entire enchilada on him, by the way. As I said, he does need some patience. But, I'm not as sold as you seem to be to me. BTW, what happens if he doesn't pan out? I can easily see fans going from be hoping for the best to condemning the guy and wishing him nothing but failure for "ruining their team."

Ypu forgot to tell Tom Brady that it matters where a quarterback is drafted. C'mon....you can do better than that. How much did it help JP, other than to get handed the job for no reason?

OK forget about the draft. By the end of 09 Trent will have shown himself to be the INJURY PRONE, average at best, QB capable of throwing for all of 10 or 11 TD's for the year and winning 7 maybe 8 games.