24 Thread

Erik

I've got a new complaint after watching the preview for next week. I'll throw it under a spoiler tag just in case people try to avoid those (and they do generally show too much):

The US is about to invade a foreign country and it's two highest ranking military leaders are in the US unnoticed? Ok, sure, there are plenty of corrupt officials that could help hide him, but really, there have to be at least a few clean people who would notice. Eh, whatever, it's 24-land, so it is better not to think about these things.

I mentioned that in an earlier post and got something like a "not wanting to cause panic" response. I don't understand it as well, but FYI....the spoiler tags make absolutely no sense for what you posted??

Something I thought about overnight.

Possible spoiler....

I think Bill is involved also. Isn't he the one that "picked" the people guarding the White House currently? That would be the best way to get your people inside for an assault. My guess for the the end is this was a way for Bill and Tony to get CTU (or some form of) brought back.

How can something you think might happen be a spoiler? It's just a guess at best, one that I would find hard to believe, but I on this show you never know.

Ok, getting off my spoiler tag abuse high horse. I really can't believe Dubaku was just dating some random girl for no other reason. I thought she would have been some official's daughter or something. And as it turns out, she's the one that gets him caught. A ruthless terrorist in the US gets caught because he can't keep it in his pants, that's pretty bad writing IMO. Another thing that stuck out from last night episode was the download of the Dubaku file. Wouldn't they download it onto a stand alone PC? As it turns out Cloe was smart enough to cover her ass, but why take the risk? Especially when you know the FBI is compromised.

Just 2 things that struck me as odd...

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also thought about the possibility of Bill "turning", although I don't think that if he did so, he would lobby the President for Jack to receive lenient treatment from the Senate Subcommittee.

...unless Jack was in on it as well, which would be the ultimate twist.

I also thought about the possibility of Bill "turning", although I don't think that if he did so, he would lobby the President for Jack to receive lenient treatment from the Senate Subcommittee.

Yeah, but Jack was genuinely surprised when he found out Bill and Cloe were running a covert operation, as well as surprised the Tony was alive. So, I would doubt that scenario...

I mentioned that in an earlier post and got something like a "not wanting to cause panic" response. I don't understand it as well, but FYI....the spoiler tags make absolutely no sense for what you posted??

On another board I post at, we have an agreement ahead of time that we won't discuss the previews. So it's a bit of a force of habit, but I'll stick with it for now.

koolaid, we already know who the evil genius is. Jon Voight will have to show up at some point. The only thing we really don't know is who exactly he is.

I can see it now:

Jack, Tony and Bill all standing in the Oval Office. They all share a look with one another and suddenly rip off their jackets to reveal NWO t-shirts....cue the Hulk Hogan music.

I can see it now:

Jack, Tony and Bill all standing in the Oval Office. They all share a look with one another and suddenly rip off their jackets to reveal NWO t-shirts....cue the Hulk Hogan music.

:devil:

Is Chloe 24's version of Ms. Elizabeth?

How can something you think might happen be a spoiler? It's just a guess at best, one that I would find hard to believe, but I on this show you never know.

Ok, getting off my spoiler tag abuse high horse. I really can't believe Dubaku was just dating some random girl for no other reason. I thought she would have been some official's daughter or something. And as it turns out, she's the one that gets him caught. A ruthless terrorist in the US gets caught because he can't keep it in his pants, that's pretty bad writing IMO. Another thing that stuck out from last night episode was the download of the Dubaku file. Wouldn't they download it onto a stand alone PC? As it turns out Cloe was smart enough to cover her ass, but why take the risk? Especially when you know the FBI is compromised.

Just 2 things that struck me as odd...

Agreed on both points (the girl should have at least been drop-dead gorgeous :devil: ) , and here are two more that struck me:

Jack and Walker get pulled over by a road block made up of a pack of police cars (I can't remember how many, but there were a bunch). When they are finally let go, on orders of the FBI, none of them help the pursuit, or respond to the accident a few blocks away, or seem to be anywhere, other than maybe a donut shop.

Less obvious, but more disturbing to me, was Jack's reaction to Walker trying to save the girl in the car (and the related developments later in the show). Jack didn't even think to maybe try to save the girl...that seems particularly out of character for him. He's a bad ass, but he'd at least make an effort to save the girl. I realize they are using that to show the character development of Walker, but it really was out of character for Jack, IMO, and a weak device to make a small point. Walker's reaction later (after being confronted by Jack) was pretty good, though, so maybe the cheap stunt worked. I just don't think much of cheap stunts.

I also thought it was odd for Jack to hand that disc (with the list) to some random FBI agent, and trust him to deliver those very important goods.

I also thought it was odd for Jack to hand that disc (with the list) to some random FBI agent, and trust him to deliver those very important goods.

i dont know why but that in particular seemed very odd to me. wayyy out of character for jack, since he KNOWS the FBI is comprimised and that is the only evidence..

i dont know why but that in particular seemed very odd to me. wayyy out of character for jack, since he KNOWS the FBI is comprimised and that is the only evidence..

The first thing I thought of when they cut it out was, since it's covered with blood, wouldn't they put it in a bag or wear gloves? Jack handles it and then gives it to an agent.

Who's the Vice President? I don't recall seeing him. Could it be Jon Voigt?

I thought the guy he handed it to was wearing a vest that said "Police", rather than FBI. But either way, I fully agree with the stupidity of Jack just handing the most important piece of evidence off to a guy he doesn't know. Also, while the idea about Dubaku having it inside his body is cool, that was already done a few seasons ago with that one crazy ex-soldier.

Something I thought about overnight.

Possible spoiler....

I think Bill is involved also. Isn't he the one that "picked" the people guarding the White House currently? That would be the best way to get your people inside for an assault. My guess for the the end is this was a way for Bill and Tony to get CTU (or some form of) brought back.

Your possible spoiler is helped by the fact that Bill insisted the President to go back to the White House for security purposes.

Who's the Vice President? I don't recall seeing him. Could it be Jon Voigt?

In Redemption, that guy who went to the president's son for help said he knew Voight was some big shot, but didn't know his name. So he can't be the VP.

My guess is that it's one of the following: Lennox, Heller or Novick.

Lennox worked on the staff for Wayne Palmer and Daniels. The exchange in Redemption made it look like President Taylor beat Daniels in the election, so that would rule out Lennox, well, that and the fact that Lennox was also there for the exchange of power. That also makes him from a different party, but then again, that didn't stop Mike Novick from working on the staff for both David Palmer and Logan, who were from different parties (Logan replaced Keeler, who was running against Palmer in season 3).

Heller has to be out of the picture. They've effectively cut Jack off completely from his entire past. Bringing him back would re-open the Audrey door, which I can't see them going anywhere near. He should be in the same party as President Taylor though, so I guess anything's possible.

Maybe I'm overanalyzing the whole political party thing, but the whole Mike Novick situation always bugged me. Being the top advisor for two presidents from different parties?

Jon Vioght was in Redemption, IMDB has him listed as Jonas Hodges.

Yeah, but who is that? Is he just some big business man looking out for that diamond trade in Sengala or is he a big shot politician, tying in to the whole corruption story.

Yeah, but who is that? Is he just some big business man looking out for that diamond trade in Sengala or is he a big shot politician, tying in to the whole corruption story.

I don't remember the movie, but this is from Wikipedia...

Jon Voight as Jonas Hodges, a "very serious villain" involved in a Blackwater-type organization.

In Washington DC, Chris Whitley (Kris Lemche) is ordered by the conspirators to erase all information that would incriminate them. Instead, he decides to call his friend Roger Taylor (Eric Lively), the son of President-elect Allison Taylor, who is only hours away from being sworn in. Whitley meets Roger and tells him about the possible conspiracy. Roger reluctantly agrees to help, but when Whitley returns home to retrieve the data he was instructed to erase, he is stopped by men who work for Jonas Hodges (Jon Voight), one of the conspirators. The men take the information and kill Whitley, burying him in concrete to hide the body.