Brian Dawkins

what a BS tackler. always flying into the pile late, with his head down.

i hope he ends his career jamming his neck up like that before too many kids try to play like that.

great heart and soul, but that technique needs to be banned next a la horse collar tackling

i hope he ends his career jamming his neck up like that before too many kids try to play like that.

great heart and soul, but that technique needs to be banned next a la horse collar tackling

I thought it was.

Dawkins is simply one of the best defenders in the NFL. He took Brandon Jacobs down one on one in the first half. Our linebackers can't even make that play. Football is a tough violent game, I would be thrilled to have Dawkins on our team.

Question - How do you feel about Jim Leonhard?

Dawkins is no where near Rodney Harrison

Dawkins is simply one of the best defenders in the NFL. He took Brandon Jacobs down one on one in the first half. Our linebackers can't even make that play. Football is a tough violent game, I would be thrilled to have Dawkins on our team.

agreed on all points. but that doesnt change the fact that he needs to stop diving headfirst into a tackled man.

There is a lot of talk that he might not be back in Phi next year. If we have a shot at him we need to SERIOUSLY consider bringing him in. He brings what we lack...intensity, intimidation, leadership, ferocity, passion, and swagger. Something our D SORELY NEEDS...

There is a lot of talk that he might not be back in Phi next year. If we have a shot at him we need to SERIOUSLY consider bringing him in. He brings what we lack...intensity, intimidation, leadership, ferocity, passion, and swagger. Something our D SORELY NEEDS...

none of that will matter if he still has ZERO pass rush in front of him. keep your swagger, we need big studs up front.

Question - How do you feel about Jim Leonhard?

Is Jim Leonard really any better now, than he was in Buffalo? Probably not.. hell, you or I could make plays in the Baltimore secondary with all the pressure the Raven Front-7 puts on the QB. All the more reason I think the guys that advocate drafting Mays is a great idea.. Hell, even half-ass DBs play well with a dominate Front-7 (4).

Dawkins singlehandedly took Adrian Peterson out of the Minnesota game. After that huge hit in the 1st series, Peterson was tentative.

Name a Bills defender who changed a game like that in the last decade.

The SB Bills had Leonard Smith "cheap-shotting" people from the safety position. What he did was hit hard and sometimes a little late. He drew flags and intimidated. Think anyone's afraid of the Bills safeties like that?

The SB Bills had Leonard Smith "cheap-shotting" people from the safety position. What he did was hit hard and sometimes a little late. He drew flags and intimidated. Think anyone's afraid of the Bills safeties like that?

Or LBs.

If Philly lets him walk we would be crazy to not make every attempt to sign him.

There's an exemption if the media deems you to be playing with a lot of "heart".

True.

But an offensive player giving him an "inadvertent" forearm in the throat at risk of an unsportsmanlike penalty might give a Dawkins pause. Cheap price, IMO. Adds to team spirit.

Congenitally doomed by their ownership as they may be, I give credit to the B'gals offense that always strives to whack the daylights out of division rival players Ray Lewis and Troy Polamalu. They usually hunt'em down and lay on the wood.

Kinda like this old ditty...

"Fie fi fo fum

I smell the blood of an Englishman

Be he black or be he blue

He be both when I be through."

:beer:

You guys have to be kidding me, do you have any idea how awful brian dawkins would look with the bills cover two scheme/awful pass rush. On that one deep pass to steve smith he was about 7 seconds late getting over. Brian Dawkins WAS an unbelievable all around safety and still is amazing at coming up from the secondary against the run. However, he has lost a step (or two) over the past few years and is a liablity in coverage at this point. If it wasn't for Jim Johnson he would be exposed for this a lot more often.