Chances Peters is traded?

Drew026

It'd be sweet to have 2 first round picks and be able to get Taylor Mays and (Insert best pass rusher on the board here) :cry:

I doubt they trade him and who would give a first? he let up 11.5 sacks in just 13 games. (referenced from another thread)

It'd be sweet to have 2 first round picks and be able to get Taylor Mays and (Insert best pass rusher on the board here) :cry:

Peters--altho he had a crummy year--is a talented OL. We don't wanna create another hole in a team already filled with holes.

How are you going to get two first round picks in the same draft?

This whole notion of trading peters is moronic. In spite of a few plays this year where he was burned he is our best offensive lineman. He is a player we can build around for years to come. He is proven and he is entering his prime as an NFL player. Depending on position and where players are taken the draft is a 50 /50 gamble.

I know this is a place for oinions and such but it gets old when people are calling for the Bills best Olineman to get traded. Most of the time without a backup plan as well. :cry: Don't even come back with the "look how the line played for the Seattle game or this game" argument either cause over a 16+ game schedule Walker and Chambers they would never hold up. Before you know it, defenses would be eating our QB's alive.

Let's trade Langston Walker instead! We could get a 7th round pick and a blocking dummy for him. At the least the dummy would play with some heart and effort!

yes, this is a better idea. please trade mike williams lite for a tackling dummy and a box of tape. soft soft player.

I doubt they trade him and who would give a first? he let up 11.5 sacks in just 13 games. (referenced from another thread)

Yes, but he is a pro bowler 2 years in a row and there is NFL tape on him. I think Jax, Cincy, Oak, or any other team looking for an LT in round 1. He is safer than picking a college tackle with the bust potential. The problem is what we would do at LT if he's gone.

I would say the chances that Peters will recover to (authentic) Pro Bowl form are distinctly higher than the chances the player we could draft at #11 will become a pro bowl tackle. The goal is getting the best team, not settling a score here.

What we need, however, is for someone on the coaching staff and the front office to tell Peters and his agent to stop being a-holes and get to work. You can blame Peters for listening to Eugene Parker all you want, but how hard is it for him to be more compelling than Jauron/Brandon/Wilson?

I don't think he should be traded, he needs to be resigned. But if he wants Walter Jones $ and the Bills can't afford it (or he doesn't want to be a Bill) and he's just going to be a cancer on this team, then you might have to trade him.

For once can we just keep some of the talent the team has. Yes he had a rough year, but played near the end. It hurt his case cause he held out.....but you dont trade Peters.

I would agree, but for the fact that I don't know what type of contract Peters is expecting. I say we should pay him the average of the top five left tackles in the league. I just don't know that he would accept that. I think he has allowed his news clippings (and his agent) to get into his head and wants to be the highest paid tackle in the league.

You keep him for one more year. He has two years left on his contract. After this year you decide if he is worth the big payday or Bell has developed. Now you just got to get his fat arse into camp on time. But that should not be a problem becuse he and his agent know that this next season is the year he gets paid either way.