Chances Peters is traded?

Drew026

How are you going to get two first round picks in the same draft?

This whole notion of trading peters is moronic. In spite of a few plays this year where he was burned he is our best offensive lineman. He is a player we can build around for years to come. He is proven and he is entering his prime as an NFL player. Depending on position and where players are taken the draft is a 50 /50 gamble.

Philly has their 1st and the Panthers 1st and they have their two starting offensive tackles going into FA- Thomas who is 35 and Runyun who is 39

Detroit - has the 1st overall pick which they may use on a QB but they are also in desperate need at tackle- they have Dallas 1st and 3rd - if they wait for an OT at Dallas spot they will probably be getting the 5th best OT and a guy who can't play LT in the NFL- they could use their 2nd and a 3rd to move up to where they could get the third best OT and might do that- but Peters is a NFL proven player and might be attractive.

For the Bills there is no way I trade Peters unless I think Bell is the real deal- or I think I know something about the FA OTs that other people don't.

For the Bills there is no way I trade Peters unless I think Bell is the real deal- or I think I know something about the FA OTs that other people don't.

It seems the point is to "save money" but not paying Peters, because "he hasn't proven anything". The hole can be filled by throwing a top dollar contract at a FA or by a guy that got beat by Joey Porter for 2 sacks in 3 snaps. Make sense? :cry:

I doubt they trade him and who would give a first? he let up 11.5 sacks in just 13 games. (referenced from another thread)

Yeah, because everything needs to be judged on what just happened. Peters is a franchise left tackle- one that when at his best doesn't need much help- which allows help to be directed elsewhere. We have no other guys who look like NFL starters to me- Butler and Dockery are spotty at best. Walker is a backup at best. If we trade Peters, we need to drat another left tackle....makes no sense at all

How are you going to get two first round picks in the same draft?

By using the very profound concept that 1+1=2. (We already have one first round pick - ours.)

This whole notion of trading peters is moronic. In spite of a few plays this year where he was burned he is our best offensive lineman. He is a player we can build around for years to come. He is proven and he is entering his prime as an NFL player. Depending on position and where players are taken the draft is a 50 /50 gamble.

This whole idea that Peters is a proven player that we can build around for years is moronic. FatBoy had one good year at LT. He tore up his groin and didn't finish that season, then skipped OTAs and camp, then had a schitty- season as a result of - in at least some part - his holdout, then didn't finish this season due to a knee injury. That's the guy you think you can build a team around for years to come? If this season is how he plays when he's supposedly trying to prove he's worth big $$$, imagine how complacent he'll once he gets it.

By using the very profound concept that 1+1=2. (We already have one first round pick - ours.)

This whole idea that Peters is a proven player that we can build around for years is moronic. FatBoy had one good year at LT. He tore up his groin and didn't finish that season, then skipped OTAs and camp, then had a schitty- season as a result of - in at least some part - his holdout, then didn't finish this season due to a knee injury. That's the guy you think you can build a team around for years to come? If this season is how he plays when he's supposedly trying to prove he's worth big $$$, imagine how complacent he'll once he gets it.

By your theory, we couldn't even get a first day pick for him then. He is far more valuable to us on the team than in a trade.

It seems the point is to "save money" but not paying Peters, because "he hasn't proven anything". The hole can be filled by throwing a top dollar contract at a FA or by a guy that got beat by Joey Porter for 2 sacks in 3 snaps. Make sense? :cry:

The point shouldn't be about saving money it should be about making the team as good as possible- my stance on Peters is pay him or trade him- I don't have time for this F#ck Peters over and make him play out his contract - and Peters saying F#ck you I'll stay home and then give just enough effort not to get benched- Peters is not what I'd want in an employee - but Ralph is not what I'd want in an owner, and Juaron is not what I'd want in a coach and the GM sucks so I guess they deserve each other- it's the Bills fans who don't deserve this sh--.

By your theory, we couldn't even get a first day pick for him then. He is far more valuable to us on the team than in a trade.

Oh I don't know about that - as the saying goes, "There's a sucker born every minute." If someone 'bites' and offers up a first for Peters, I'd jump at the deal. Better than seeing our injury-prone QB getting clobbered for the blind side every week.

The point shouldn't be about saving money it should be about making the team as good as possible- my stance on Peters is pay him or trade him- I don't have time for this F#ck Peters over and make him play out his contract - and Peters saying F#ck you I'll stay home and then give just enough effort not to get benched- Peters is not what I'd want in an employee - but Ralph is not what I'd want in an owner, and Juaron is not what I'd want in a coach and the GM sucks so I guess they deserve each other- it's the Bills fans who don't deserve this sh--.

I don't know. Some Bills fans seem to think the Bills are better off by going out of their way to piss off and undermine the motivation of certain players, while rewarding mediocrity with others. Some fans think it is wise and applaud the creation of gaping holes in the lineup every year. Those fans want and deserve a bad team, do they not?

Philly has their 1st and the Panthers 1st and they have their two starting offensive tackles going into FA- Thomas who is 35 and Runyun who is 39

Detroit - has the 1st overall pick which they may use on a QB but they are also in desperate need at tackle- they have Dallas 1st and 3rd - if they wait for an OT at Dallas spot they will probably be getting the 5th best OT and a guy who can't play LT in the NFL- they could use their 2nd and a 3rd to move up to where they could get the third best OT and might do that- but Peters is a NFL proven player and might be attractive.

I'll play fact checker for you. Runyan turned 35 in November and Thomas is 34 as of the same month.

Philly isn't going to hand over top picks because Peters is available.

Secondly, Carolina has Jordan Gross hitting UFA, with Travelle Wharton and Jeff Otah their other under contract tackles. Otah is more suited for RT, but Wharton is more of a LT. I don't think Carolina has much to offer, considering they traded their first last year to move up and select Otah. I doubt they'd use that many resources on tackles when they have other needs.

Detroit is in rebuilding mode (as always) and will not hand over multiple picks for a franchise LT. I'm thinking they'd use one pick on one LT and hope that player performs like a Sam Baker or Ryan Clady.

The Senator also knows Jason Peters SO well, that when he gets his new contract, he will not play hard at all!!! :cry: Jackass.

Way out of line.........I love it when people post anonymously and have no accountability.

I'll play fact checker for you. Runyan turned 35 in November and Thomas is 34 as of the same month.

Philly isn't going to hand over top picks because Peters is available.

Secondly, Carolina has Jordan Gross hitting UFA, with Travelle Wharton and Jeff Otah their other under contract tackles. Otah is more suited for RT, but Wharton is more of a LT. I don't think Carolina has much to offer, considering they traded their first last year to move up and select Otah. I doubt they'd use that many resources on tackles when they have other needs.

Detroit is in rebuilding mode (as always) and will not hand over multiple picks for a franchise LT. I'm thinking they'd use one pick on one LT and hope that player performs like a Sam Baker or Ryan Clady.

you are right about the ages they will be 35 and 36 in November- they are both FAs

Philly has Carolina's 1st pick- I didn't mention Carolina as a trading partner

I think I did mention that Detroit could pick an OT with Dallas's pick just that that would be probably be the 5th OT taken

I also mentioned that they could use other picks to move up

I mention these things not because they are going to happen or even that their likely but because they are possible- because others have written that they are impossible

Yeah, because everything needs to be judged on what just happened. Peters is a franchise left tackle- one that when at his best doesn't need much help- which allows help to be directed elsewhere. We have no other guys who look like NFL starters to me- Butler and Dockery are spotty at best. Walker is a backup at best. If we trade Peters, we need to drat another left tackle....makes no sense at all

I for one agree with you Adam. I remember the killing fields that RJ and Losman went through when the LT position was up for grabs. Folks forget the wasted 1st round pick used on Mike Williams who spent most of his time hurt, playing RT, or simply eating his way out of the lineup each offseason.

If you have a left tackle that can compete and often dominate you have to sign him, whether he is an ungrateful bastard or not, this team cannot affort a rookie project at that position. Edwards would get killed and never develop.

Peters was not in game shape this year and it showed, he can however be very successful at that position, and he is still young and fairly durable.

If anything, we trade Dockery and find a prospect in the draft to play Guard. Use the money saved to pay Peters. It is much easier to find a solid Guard in the draft than a Left Tackle.

I for one agree with you Adam. I remember the killing fields that RJ and Losman went through when the LT position was up for grabs. Folks forget the wasted 1st round pick used on Mike Williams who spent most of his time hurt, playing RT, or simply eating his way out of the lineup each offseason.

If you have a left tackle that can compete and often dominate you have to sign him, whether he is an ungrateful bastard or not, this team cannot affort a rookie project at that position. Edwards would get killed and never develop.

Peters was not in game shape this year and it showed, he can however be very successful at that position, and he is still young and fairly durable.

If anything, we trade Dockery and find a prospect in the draft to play Guard. Use the money saved to pay Peters. It is much easier to find a solid Guard in the draft than a Left Tackle.

why is everyone so worried about saving ralph money, we are so far under under the cap it's a joke