Ko Simpson arrested

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ummm ... not to answer for jz, but when he referred to jumping off a bridge due to circumstances beyond our control, I think he meant Jauron, not this.

Oh, oops. lol

I just didn't want to hear another "the douchebag deserves a defense of his actions" plea.

Sorry!

:worthy:

Yeah, cuz police most of the time just make up sh-- this stupid and then file a report on it. Gimmie a break. He acted like a buffoon, and thought he could get away with being a dickhead because he has money.

It's a minor offense, but that doesn't excuse him for being a dickhedd.

What an idiot.

I actually live in the area, and yeah unfortunately the cops here do things that silly. The word around here is he was actually approaching because a female and an officer were having a problem and he was arrested before he even reached the area where the incident was happening. As far as the statement about millions, it's being reported around here that he said it after being arrested in an attempt to get an explanation of why he was being arrested. Just wanted to let people know to calm down, because people here in the SC area believe this story is being overblown.

I actually live in the area, and yeah unfortunately the cops here do things that silly. The word around here is he was actually approaching because a female and an officer were having a problem and he was arrested before he even reached the area where the incident was happening. As far as the statement about millions, it's being reported around here that he said it after being arrested in an attempt to get an explanation of why he was being arrested. Just wanted to let people know to calm down, because people here in the SC area believe this story is being overblown.

95% of the time things happen almost EXACTLY like they say in the police report. It's amazing in today's world that so little people have respect for authority. Most of the time it's the perpetrator that is being the !@#$.

I have almost no doubt Ko Simpson was the !@#$ in this situation. Anyone can go anywhere around the country, on almost every weekend, in a bar area, and see this exact same thing happen to numerous people. There are almost always a few dumbasses out there who are determined to not listen to authorities. There is also usually some dumbass who wouldn't be in trouble if he/she would just keep their mouth shut and stay outta the way. Ko seems to be "that guy" in this situation.

I guess next we'll also say the weed found in the other guys pocket was planted by the police too. Cuz police just LOVE altercations where they have to write up reports over stupid schitt like this.

Cmon man!

95% of the time things happen almost EXACTLY like they say in the police report.

That is definitely not been my experience. Police use certain phrases and wording to fit the situation. I have friends that were cops who have explained this to me. And I have given many statements, and the police report is never what I said exactly. It is all in the wording

Hey Lv, just mentioning what is being said around here. As Pete put it I guess you can't believe everything you read. I was just saying give him the benefit of the doubt. Not every player who gets in trouble is guilty. I hope he's not. If so then he got what he deserved.

Wow...really shocking....Simpson is riding in a speeding car minding his own business, pops off at the mouth to a cop saying "I play for the Bills, I'm worth millions", and gets arrested. In South Carolina, where there are more Confederate flags hanging on porches than American flags(no joke), it doesn't take much for a black man to get arrested. The cop probably yelled out "Whaddya say, BOY??" as he slapped the cuffs on him. If Simpson was indeed nothing more than a passenger in a car that got pulled over for speeding, this is really sad that he got arrested because he is black in a southern state...

As much as we'd like to think this kind of thing doesn't happen these days---this kind of thing happens all the time in the south...you can change the laws and be politically correct, but you can't change the hearts and minds of the people there, many of whom still feel the same way as when slavery, segregation and racial separation was the norm. My wife has 2 sisters and a brother that live down there, and I can tell you first hand many people living down there still think the civil war is going on. They take pride in their confederate flags hanging from their porches, have attitudes that range from laughing at to downright hating "yankees", and talk at family gatherings about how they don't want their children playing with "those people"---only they don't say it in such a nice term...

So, from what it appears to me, Ko Simpson's only problem was that he was a passenger in a car that was pulled over and was arrested because of the color his skin---something pretty common down there from what I've heard. The charges sound so utterly ridiculous that there really cannot be much substance behind them. Its just really sad things like this still occur, and unfortunately even in the northern states, things like this happen, just much more subtly than down south. Real estate agents "forgetting" to show african americans certain houses because of their neighborhoods and showing them houses more "in their price range"...subtle, but somewhat the same...

Ko should have known better than to put himself out there like that...I am sure the cop probably called him "Boy" as well...

Do you live in the South? If so, what state? Because Virginia isn't the south. Neither is North Carolina. Have you actually ever been to Mississippi or Alabama lately? If any home has a confederate flag flying in Mississippi or Alabama, trust me, they are just asking for lots of trouble. I'm from the south. I'm white and believe or not, my dad raised me to see everyone as equals. Growing up, I learned a lot about the South's Civil Rights era. As I've gotten older, opportunities have taken me all over the country. And the fact of the matter is, there's just as much if not more discrimination in all forms up North as in the South. Grow up, times have changed.

Oh yeah, Ko Simpson was in a car speeding through a nightclub parking lot. Guess they should have just let him fishtail it out of there huh?

Everybody wants to feel "important"... America is a staus driven society where people feel the need to be "important." And entitlement society. What a douche Ko Simpson was if in fact he said:

"I'm Ko Simpson with the Buffalo Bills," he said, according to the police report. "I am worth millions."

Who cares.

You see the douches everyday with the stickers on the back of their car proclaiming something... Or even worse, the douches with the state police medallion... If I was a cop, I would give them two tickets.

do you know what the good 'ol boy network is?

Do you? Or are you just relying on the same ignorant stereotypes as the people you are attempting to condemn.

Congrats on making the first really stupid thread of the new year.

I live near the Rock Hill SC area, and the local paper didn't report it as a speeding car being stopped. The article said he was in a parking lot of a bar and got out to see what was going on between his friend and his friends girlfriend and the police. It was said that the female and the officer had an altercation,and he was arrested for checking on that. The paper said he was verbally abusive to the officers according to the police, while he says he was arrested before he had a chance to see what the problem was that was going on.

right...that kind of thing NEVER happens anymore...sometimes its hard to see all the trees when you are standing in the forest...

You can't base fact on movies about a time period 50 years ago. I didn't hear of any beating of Ko Simpson. And I guess Rodney King wasn't really in LA when he was beaten right? Just like we never landed on the moon?

As much as we'd like to think this kind of thing doesn't happen these days---this kind of thing happens all the time in the south...you can change the laws and be politically correct, but you can't change the hearts and minds of the people there, many of whom still feel the same way as when slavery, segregation and racial separation was the norm. My wife has 2 sisters and a brother that live down there, and I can tell you first hand many people living down there still think the civil war is going on. They take pride in their confederate flags hanging from their porches, have attitudes that range from laughing at to downright hating "yankees", and talk at family gatherings about how they don't want their children playing with "those people"---only they don't say it in such a nice term...

So, from what it appears to me, Ko Simpson's only problem was that he was a passenger in a car that was pulled over and was arrested because of the color his skin---something pretty common down there from what I've heard. The charges sound so utterly ridiculous that there really cannot be much substance behind them. Its just really sad things like this still occur, and unfortunately even in the northern states, things like this happen, just much more subtly than down south. Real estate agents "forgetting" to show african americans certain houses because of their neighborhoods and showing them houses more "in their price range"...subtle, but somewhat the same...

Ko should have known better than to put himself out there like that...I am sure the cop probably called him "Boy" as well...

Wow. And I thought I took a lot of crap about Alaska. Blubber chewing ,gun toting aint so bad.

I live near the Rock Hill SC area, and the local paper didn't report it as a speeding car being stopped. The article said he was in a parking lot of a bar and got out to see what was going on between his friend and his friends girlfriend and the police. It was said that the female and the officer had an altercation,and he was arrested for checking on that. The paper said he was verbally abusive to the officers according to the police, while he says he was arrested before he had a chance to see what the problem was that was going on.

So he admits he intentionally interfered with police activity? That will generally get you arrested, especially if it's outside a crowded bar at closing when cops are dealing with lots of aggressive drunks.