How stupid is it moving the Pro Bowl to a week before the Super Bowl?

gcb34

Well duhhhhhhh. They're trying to make the game watchable...most people don't give a crap after the Super Bowl is over.

Of course super bowl bound players won't be playing in it...I kinda like the idea.

Same here. It's not a game I care much about, but moving it to the week between the Championships and the SB makes sense.

Pro bowl should be in like June, when most of us are desperate for any sort of football.

Waaay back when...In early summer, some good college team or upcoming senior all-star team (can't remember) played an NFL team in a game. Gee if they did that now and it was the Bills playing, Ralph would fire Dick by half time and die of a heart attack himself as the Bills lost. :doh:

Yeah like any team in the Super Bowl that has players in the pro bowl won't be playing I can tell you that much.

IMO, this is really stupid. All of the SB players are going to duck out and a lot of the Championship players are gonna duck out too. It's not gonna be the pro-bowl it's going to be a game of above average players. Instead rig up a Madden type computer game and have each player play themselves in it. It would probably be more entertaining. :wallbash:

It will be interesting to see how many pro-bowl winning players this year are also SB players and Championship players.

Another idea is instead of the PB have the worst team that year play the #1 college team. That would get ratings.

It's a stupid idea. If the Colts play in the SB, does Manning just get replaced? Pro Bowl is supposed to be about the star players.

Plenty of stars.... Rivers, Cassell, Penny, etc..... the Superbowl teams don't need to be involved.

The pro bowl is a game that has never interested me and never will. Sure I've watched a few minutes of it from time to time, but if I have anything (and I mean anything at all) to do or needs to be done....

Either way they shouldn't move it out of Hawaii.

combine the Hall of Fame Weekend with the Pro bowl

I sure the old timers would love the thought of going to Hawaii

There would be much more interest in the game if you make it an all weekend event and the players except the injured one swould be more likely to come out