We are lucky DJ does not read all of these negative post

Chuckknox

It goes way beyond the play calls. He plays not to lose. He plays for the field goal in the pats game, right before halftime. Cleveland game he is fine with settling for a 48 yard field goal when they had time to get closer or god forbid score a touchdown. And his team plays with NO passion. He deserves all the heat he is getting.

I would argue that DJ goes beyond "playing not to lose"...to me that would indicate that he at least follows some sort of conventional coaching manual. Settling for zero yardage plays to kick 40 plus yd field goals in windy conditions or running the ball with no timeouts and seconds on the clock on the other teams 13 yd line is not even worthy of being called "playing not to lose."

In the Pats game, with the Bills' season over, I would bet that EVERY OTHER coach in the NFL would throw on 3rd and 9 with the wind at their back instead of handing off to Omon...especially in a game where, ostensibly, he would be playing for his job, it is pure insanity to not even take a shot. It's having zero balls and zero brains.

I would argue that DJ goes beyond "playing not to lose"...

Honestly, it seemed as in a few games this year, DJ was coaching "to lose". I'm not suggesting that was his goal, but the actions make it seem like, if it was a plan, the plan was "to lose".

I'm not even sure Dick takes pride in his work. Does he even think he's a good coach? Usually when talented people get a result they don't desire they get frustrated because they aren't manifesting their desired outcome. However, with Dick, there appears to be ZERO ego involvement with his coaching. Being dispassionate is one thing. But seeming to have no attachment to the outcomes of games is another thing entirely.

He doesn't seem frustrated, annoyed, concerned or involved. You don't have to be Jack DeL Rio jumping up and down on the sidelines like an idiot, but please God show us something.

Honestly, it seemed as in a few games this year, DJ was coaching "to lose". I'm not suggesting that was his goal, but the actions make it seem like, if it was a plan, the plan was "to lose".

I would be very astounded to learn that Jauron goes into any game with any sort of plan whatsoever. The haphazard fashion in which plays are called, in which players wander around the field waiting for a call, the complete lack of any adjustments to any opponents, and the befuddled look of players and coaches alike can only lead any one with any knowledge of football to wonder what he hell this team does spend its time on all week.

I could only hope Jauron read this board. Perhaps he'd learn something. Because I'm 100% certain that there are more than a few posters here that could coach this team better.

:wallbash:

Does anyone actually think that the deep slant that was called in the Cowboys/49ers NFC Championship game was a good call? Sure, it worked, but I think giving the ball to Emmitt Smith would have been a higher percentage play- the thing is, Jimmy Johnson had the players to bail him out on that one.....

Good coaches prepare their team- great ones are the ones with the great players

Adam, you're welcome to join us in the 21st century. We are well aware that there was a time when there were great talent imbalances in the NFL, but that was long ago. Now, the talent is fairly well distributed and coaching is A LOT more important. You want an OPTIMISTIC glimpse into the future of this organization? Try the 2008 San Diego Chargers. 8-8 despite having the top rated QB in the AFC and one of the top rosters in the NFL. Dick Jauron would be hard pressed to win in any era, but nowadays he flat out sucks.

In both NE games he coached to minimize the magnitude of the defeat. As bad as 13-0 and shutout at home for the first time in forever is.....it was much less shocking than giving up TD's on the first 8 posessions like last years NE game in Buffalo!

99% of these people who post would not know how to coach a pee wee football team, much less try to organize the locker room in a NFL organization.

All the negative comments on the poor play calls - GET OVER IT ! If the plays work they are great plays, if they fail everyone crys.

Think about the calls that work. The fake punts & field goals, if they do not work everyone would cry -they did work an they were great calls.

If JP does not fumble against JETs and completes the pass or runs for a first down, he's a hero, the coach is great, etc...

If Matt Cassel get his 3rd down punt blocked, their coach is a stupid for trying it, he get a good punt and he's smart.

Just let the Coach coach the team and try to support the effort the players give on the field. Hopefully we will get a few better bounces next year.

Yeah, that's it. The only problem with this team was "bad luck". Amazing how "bad luck" just follows Dick 'Kotite' Jauron around.

Still simple enough. Get rid of Jauron, and get rid of the "bad luck".

It goes way beyond the play calls. He plays not to lose. He plays for the field goal in the pats game, right before halftime. Cleveland game he is fine with settling for a 48 yard field goal when they had time to get closer or god forbid score a touchdown. And his team plays with NO passion. He deserves all the heat he is getting.

Besides all of the crappy in game waffles that the idiot makes. He doesn't game plan well and as far as I am concerned he almost NEVER has his team ready to play on game day.

He also seems to be unable to tell when he has a talent in a back up position, I.E. Fred Jackson, J.Greer, Steve Johnson............. who is better than the current starter. Next year watch Denny and Captain backup never be replaced by the new rookie 1st round pick because he isn't ready then watch them both go down to injury and the 3rd stringer is good after the 11th game, when the 3rd guy was lights out in preseason.

I can not imagine how much damage 3 years of this dingbat is inflicting on this team, both in personnel choices and the training of the said personnel. The Bills might be good 3 years after he is gone, but with RW in charge of hiring a new coach, I doubt it.

I would have given Ralph a flyer if he would of picked Bobby April to coach in the name of continuity but not Dick!

The man is a bad coach and I can't believe RW is this bad of an owner after 49 years of experience doing it.

What is he thinking the 50th anniversary will sell out all the tickets? Even if the team blows again?

I can not see what motivates him? I can not understand his choice.I AM MAD, DAMMIT! WHEN WILL HE BE?

He has been through 1-13, 2-12........... why bother with THAT again? It is not profitable, it will not help resale value, his kids and wife are going to get a big tax bill and people WILL REMEMBER HIM, AS A DEADBEAT who made a lot of money off of a poor and shirking community. Thanks for keeping the Bills in BFLO Ralph, :doh: !@#$ THAT! You made a lot of money here Ralph, you are welcome!

Some LEGACY!

Who does he think he is competing with, Geo. Bush?

I for one made a news years resolution; I won't waste my time watching the Bills this year (I have to stay up most of Sunday night/Monday morning to do it as I live in Bangkok) and being dead to the world tired when I go to work.

The Buffalo Bills no longer get my damned money, time and from now on little of my interest. I have officially jumped of the wagon because no one is circling anything except the water going down the drain (of course, I reserve the right to jump back on but it will be half hearted and less passionate, like giving your failed marriage a second chance because of some hot sex you and the ex have). I have been a Bills fan as long as I can remember, I am the same age as the team and you Ralph have failed us all.

I won't waste my money on Bills gear and since I left Buffalo, I always supported the team this way.

No more............RW lost a lot of customers with this move and I HOPE it costs him in the sale value of his stupid team.

He wants players with class and character but has none of those qualities himself. Personally, I would like an owner who is about winning, that would be a good "character" trait if you ask me. Not a dude that just wants my money and is a cheap-o a-hole with good marketing skills.

"Go Bills!!!!"

please just "go"

then maybe I can give up on you.

BTW, if Cassel get that punt blocked, it is a brillant fu(king play by a very very lucky or heads up defender because that was a brilliant playcall from a brilliant (but "low character/cheating") coach. No one expected it and THAT is VERY GOOD. Which is a concept our (8 years as a coach/ 7 losing seasons) numbskull does not seem to get or when he does get it he goes to the lowest percentage play he can muster up, (I.E. JP rolling out out of the shotgun, 3 run plays up THE WEAKEST PART OF THE LINE middle.......etc.........etc....). 5/1 start, 8/2 finish: last three games 6 points: 3, 7/9 seasons = loser.

Why oh why? did I grow up in BFLO?

And BTW again I HOPE they do read this board. It might motivate someone!

In both NE games he coached to minimize the magnitude of the defeat. As bad as 13-0 and shutout at home for the first time in forever is.....it was much less shocking than giving up TD's on the first 8 posessions like last years NE game in Buffalo!

With wind gusts close over 60 MPH in the first half, I don't think a passing route rout was ever an issue, in that game.

Edit: route? What the hell was I thinking?

In the Pats game, with the Bills' season over, I would bet that EVERY OTHER coach in the NFL would throw on 3rd and 9 with the wind at their back instead of handing off to Omon...especially in a game where, ostensibly, he would be playing for his job, it is pure insanity to not even take a shot. It's having zero balls and zero brains.

He wasn't playing for his job remember he signed a contract extension Week 5 and with his IVY League school intelligence he knew Ralph wouldn't eat the cotract.

99% of these people who post would not know how to coach a pee wee football team, much less try to organize the locker room in a NFL organization.

All the negative comments on the poor play calls - GET OVER IT ! If the plays work they are great plays, if they fail everyone crys.

Think about the calls that work. The fake punts & field goals, if they do not work everyone would cry -they did work an they were great calls.

If JP does not fumble against JETs and completes the pass or runs for a first down, he's a hero, the coach is great, etc...

If Matt Cassel get his 3rd down punt blocked, their coach is a stupid for trying it, he get a good punt and he's smart.

Just let the Coach coach the team and try to support the effort the players give on the field. Hopefully we will get a few better bounces next year.

Come on. Jauron won't lead this team to the playoffs ever. There is absolutely no reason to belive that, regardless of who the players are.

He wasn't playing for his job remember he signed a contract extension Week 5 and with his IVY League school intelligence he knew Ralph wouldn't eat the cotract.

If the contract extension was signed week 5, why wasn't it announced? That would have been the PERFECT time to announce it. The Bills haven't delayed these kind of announcements in the past.

If the contract extension was signed week 5, why wasn't it announced? That would have been the PERFECT time to announce it. The Bills haven't delayed these kind of announcements in the past.

I know this seems to be a new policy within the past few years. The older and more senile he gets........it seems like he is suffering from a form of paranoia. It is as though he is trying to build an adversarial relationship with the fans in his older years. He is acting as if he has been wronged by the fans all these years and they don't deserve to know such details of HIS franchise........it is just none of their business. As far as retaining the coach that all the fans want fired, this is another way of telling the fans it is none of their business. It is strange how he is turning on the fans when all they do is sell out his stadium every weekend............he is biting the hand the feeds him as the old saying goes. I mean I don't need to know financial terms of a contract, but don't we deserve to know if our f'n coach has been signed to extension. Very bizarre behavior from One Bills Drive the last few years and it always wasn't like that as the Dean states.

Adam, you're welcome to join us in the 21st century. We are well aware that there was a time when there were great talent imbalances in the NFL, but that was long ago. Now, the talent is fairly well distributed and coaching is A LOT more important. You want an OPTIMISTIC glimpse into the future of this organization? Try the 2008 San Diego Chargers. 8-8 despite having the top rated QB in the AFC and one of the top rosters in the NFL. Dick Jauron would be hard pressed to win in any era, but nowadays he flat out sucks.

There is a talent imbalance on the Bills offensive and defensive lines- you can't win without those, no matter how good everything else is. Kelsay and Denney are about as good as Mark Pike was- if that good. We need a center, at least one guard and a right tackle. Shuffle QB's, coaches and skill players all you want- it will keep the Bills on the same treadmill they have been on for years.

Facts are facts- Jauron, Williams, Mularkey, Pendry, Henning, Arians and the rest of the bunch haven't been the key issue- not rebuilding the lines and letting free agents go, so we can use a high pick yo replace them are the key issues.

By the way- you didn't answer the question about that wrong play call that Dallas made

I agree with you about the "arm chair" QB and knowing the true ends and outs of coaching, however, I don't agree with play calls you are referring too. First off, the fake punts and FG's are surprise plays at opportunistic times based on the defensive set and being unprepared as they are rare plays. Not a real fair comparison, and if one of them fails, you dont get as much slack for it because you were being aggressive.

The problem with the play calls people (myself included) have a problem with are on CRITICAL 3rd and short or 4th and short when they try and get too cute with a play rather than just going with what we do well. They try and out smart the D on these plays and end up out smarting ourselves. On critical plays like this you go with your money plays, with what works, and MOST importantly, what has been working up to that point during the game.

When Marshawn and Jackson are running like mad men with a 3 point lead in the game and 3 min on the game clock on 2nd and 5, you DON'T roll out your BACKUP QB who hasn't had an overly impressive game to that point and a tendency to fumble and throw INT's. Even if Losman completes the pass for a 1st down it is still NOT a good play call. Agreed that the fans may see it as a good call in that scenario, but truth is, from a coaching perspective that is still NOT a good call.

There were several of these during the season that led to losses because we tried to get too cute in critical situations rather than go with our money plays or with what has been working.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amen Brother - Your post is a breath of fresh air. The people you talk about change their minds every 5 minutes.

By the way- you didn't answer the question about that wrong play call that Dallas made

But, I did. And you never answered my question on why a team shouldn't simply use a "play wheel" to decide the next call. If one play is as good as another, and the only way to say if it was a good or bad call, is if it works...then random calls should be fine...right?

But, I did. And you never answered my question on why a team shouldn't simply use a "play wheel" to decide the next call. If one play is as good as another, and the only way to say if it was a good or bad call, is if it works...then random calls should be fine...right?

I disagree on both- you play the percentages. The play action pass by Losman was a terrible call and the slant to Alvin Harper was probably a worse call. Neither was very high percentage- even though one worked.....the old "If it works, he's a genius" thing never made any sense to me.....kind of like the flea flicker we ran against Cincy a few years ago on 3rd and 30 that got us the first down