Ralph called Kilgore

cale

Ralph's not about to fire his daughter Linda Bogdan, scout extraordinare and Corporate VP, who has a big say on draft day. Why doesn't anyone wonder why Tom Modrak who oversees the draft, lives in Florida and rarely comes to WNY? We lost 2 more regional scouts in the past 2 years...I wonder why?; and these were replacements from the time the late John Butler left and all his friends- the Bills scouts followed John to San Diego.

It's sad that this once classy and well run football organization has deteriorated below any episode of "The Three Stooges"

If we had Curly, Larry and Moe it would most likely be a step-up.

I have sat through many seasons going back to 1962, from very good coaches to coaches like the late Harvey Johnson who wasn't a coach at all...to this. Closest thing I can come up with is we have the "Deer in the Headlights Man"

A good friend I know through my sailors organization who lives in Chicago, kiddingly told me that he was happy that Jaron was gone; that his style of football was boring and in the end he will break your heart because of his lack decision making skills. I called my friend I while back and told him that he was right on all counts and that this baffon we inherited from Chicago would most likely be fired after the season. I was wrong. The Ralph Wilson I knew no longer exists and in the end that is even sadder.

Actually... this is the Ralph Wison that always existed. The Super Bowl years were an exception. Through the prior three decades to the 90's we saw the same Ralph Wison we have seen the past 10 years or so.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately Ralph is playing on the loyalty of Bills fans betting they'll support the team regardless of his callous decision to retain Juron. He's just too cheap to eat the cost of the extension, which is probably equivalent to one year's salary for a top flight coach. Whatever product he puts out he figures the fans will support it. But even the most loyal fanbase in the league, Bills fans, have limits to the pain and suffering they'll put up with. And there's alway the 'threat' of moving the team if the fans don't support it. Given the state of the economy, plus massive state and local budget deficits (and likely declarations of bankruptcy and bailouts of states and cities coming) I seriously doubt any city or state is going to find the funding needed to build an NFL stadium. And we've got the commissioner in our corner looking out for Bills fans too, a WNY native.

I also feel sorry for players like Lynch and Jackson. Here's a couple guys coming into the prime years of their careers in a position not known for longevity. It will be sad to see their best years wasted working under a clueless bungler like Juron.

With any luck (I hate to use the word luck) they'll start out 2009 at 0-8 and it will force Wilson to pull the plug on Juron, maybe promote April to HQ in the interim, and then find somebody decent for 2010.

After 30+ years supporting the team I'm calling 2009 a 'bye year'. The hard truth is we won't have a winner, unless by chance, until ownership passes to somebody with the desire and a plan to put a winner on the field.

If you don't know Steve, then you should pass on making judgments regarding his posts.

You beat me to it.

Steve doesn't post that often (yeah, I wonder why...), but he has worked in the Bills organization in the past, knows former players, coaches, and execs, and has supported the team faithfully over the years. The guy knows what he's talking 'bout.

He may be wrong. But he's not waiting for a deus ex machina. Right or wrong, he believes we are on the right track. This shows that he believes that the Bills personnel folks are doing a good job, which combined with his belief that we don't have good enough personnel obviously means that he believes that we are a young team, on the way up.

I tend to believe that he is right. Our drafts the past two years have been pretty good. We have a very young group. Another year of experience for those young guys and another draft of equal talent could well put us in the playoffs.

I'm not sure of it. But it seems likely.

Fact, or your opinion? Link? Just because he brought Jauron back doesn't mean it was because he feels that is what gives us the best chance to win. When he says it was an easy decision to him, that is simply a reference to the choice of paying one head coach for the next three years instead of two. Now that is an easy decision for Ralph. And I have more than enough anecdotal evidence to support that hypothesis.

http://www.wgrz.com/sports/story.aspx?stor...100&catid=4

I'm a loyal guy. I also like to think I am a reasonable person. But I need to not feel like an idiot for supporting this team. Maybe it's just time to support the hometown Titans. The owner is an idiot but at least he knows how to run his football business.

Aiy, so sad.

C

Baltimore is just a little over an hour from here, I think I'll start rooting for the Ravens.

http://www.wgrz.com/sports/story.aspx?stor...100&catid=4

I'm a loyal guy. I also like to think I am a reasonable person. But I need to not feel like an idiot for supporting this team. Maybe it's just time to support the hometown Titans. The owner is an idiot but at least he knows how to run his football business.

Aiy, so sad.

C

Amazing ... he seems so flippant about the whole thing ..... loss of ticket sales will be blamed on the economy not poor decision making. This was all about preserving cash. A smart financial move perhaps but not a good football move.

Damn, I'm stuck in Cleveland. I can't wear orange and brown. :wallbash:

I hear ya, but I'm just so disgusted with Ralph Wilson and the way the Bills are headed. After reading Ed Kilgore's interview with Ralph just shows that he is out of touch and doesn't care about the fans. F@ck Ralph!!! :wallbash::wallbash::thumbsup:

Damn, I'm stuck in Cleveland. I can't wear orange and brown. :censored:

LMAO - I went to RIT. I loved my experience there - but I still think the colors are horrendous. How they got that out of a tiger, I'll never know... :thumbdown:

C

LMAO - I went to RIT. I loved my experience there - but I still think the colors are horrendous. How they got that out of a tiger, I'll never know... :thumbdown:

C

Orange should never be a primary color for any major sports team.

(Ducking now in case any of the Brownies fans see me type that).

Orange should never be a primary color for any major sports team.

(Ducking now in case any of the Brownies fans see me type that).

Amen - I live in UT (Tennessee) country. I expect to go blind any day now...