dennis williams (on his final wgr show) says hire scott pioli as ceo

bananathumb

Thinks he would be a good fit here and would hire the right coach. I agree, but know Wilson would never give Piolii the money or freedom Pioli would want.

Too bad, Dennis Williams is done his on-air stint at Gr because he was probably the only decent football mind they had. (Bunch of hockey jockstraps and Long or Grand Island whimps are all that are left.).

Probably half the teams in the league would love to have Pioli come in. But why would he?

To prove that how much he was responsible for the Patriots success. This is the same reason why a Josh McDaniels -- if he does not get a HC offer -- should consider being the OC elsewhere a la Marvin Lewis (Ravens --> Redskins).

Pioli would simply make too much sense for the Buffalo Bills to hire. The guy is a valid NFL talent evaluator and would turn this entire organization around like Bill Polian did. :thumbsup:

Of course you do realize he would want control over things that Ralph Wilson wouldn't want to give up control over. PLUS he would actually want an increase in salary and wouldn't work for the peanuts this owner would offer.

Paoli wouldn't come to Buffalo if Ralph offered him $20M. Buffalo is a black hole in the NFL. No one with any rep would come here. Our only hope is to find someone who has skills but needs a place to prove themselves. That's reality.

PTR

There are only 32 head coaching jobs in the most prestigious sports league in North America, arguably the world. And in a typical year only a handful of teams have vacancies. Getting somebody of stature to come to Buffalo is not impossible given the right offer and opportunity. Outside of a couple perceived glamour locations, like NY (or really NJ), most U.S. cities are basically the same if you’re out there slugging out a living.

A lot of board members would argue with the following statement but I believe this team is about a half dozen player upgrades away from contention. No top to bottom rebuilding job is needed given the right Front Office and Coaches. A good coach would have squeezed out 2, maybe 3, more wins out of this bunch. Now if ownership would only see the light and bring in a first class management and coaching team we could move forward and contend.

Guys i hate to break it to you, but nothing is going to happen. We are going to have the same bunch of hacks running this organzation. Dick Jauron is probably 50-50 to come back next year. It starts from the top down and until Ralph acknowledges that he is part of the problem and not the solution we are going to keep going through these re-tread coaches and half asked gm's and personnel people.

Correct, he is now an Account Executive at WGRZ. Here is his linkedin page:

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/7/794/148

Selling ads, doing voice-overs, stuff like that. Think Jon Summers at WKBW. It keeps him in Buffalo and in the industry, and no doubt pays a little better than the radio gig, which was just supposed to be a part-time add-on (before WIVB dumped him for Murph).

And since GR decided to scrap the evening show entirely, I think "Extra Points" was his only remaining airtime at the station. Now that the season is over, obviously, so is the show.

Best of luck, Dennis.

Is the sucess centered around Pioli or Bellicheck? My money is on Bellicheck.

Maybe. But I can't help looking at the Falcons and the success they had after turning over the reins to a member of the NE braintrust. Obviously Belichick has a huge role in their continuing success, but I don't think Pioli would be able to stick around in that organization if he wasn't a big contributor.