A Few Thoughts About The Game (and the season)

Bill from NYC

1) Dockery is a disgrace. He has his money and doesn't want to get his uniform dirty. Say hello to Mini Mike Williams. Like it or not, contract or not, we need another guard.

2) Given the circumstances, I thought that Trent played pretty well today.

3) How about that handoff on 3rd and 9 in the second quarter? Really, is there no limit to this idiocy? Jauron doesn't have the balls to be an NFL head coach. He is probably qualified to be a defensive backs assistant.

4) Allow me to extend an olive branch to those who blindly worshipped Losman. The fact is that he is finally gone, and it wouldn't be a bad thing to support the guy who is, and will continue to be the starting quarterback of your favorite football team. Besides, the kid is good.

5) Did we go up at all in terms of draft spots?

6) Oh.....My.....God.....You guys might think that you saw Donte Whitner getting knocked on his ass, but you are wrong. That was me, and symbolically, all of you getting your ba!!s kicked in by Dick Levy. That play represented exactly what posters have been screaming about for 2 years. This is the player that Dick Levy spurned extra picks for, and passed on very good players that they needed far more. What a freaking nightmare! I mean, this was Sammy Morris, not Earl Campbell. When message board posters know far more about building a team than the coach and GM, things are pretty f :thumbsup: ing bleak. I guess we will simply suck as long as Ralph owns the team.

7) Is this s :flirt: t fixed? How did they not call the out of bounds on jackson in the 1st quarter?

8) The comedy of errors at halftime was just classic Jauron football.

9) If Ralph fires Dick Levy, he will probably hire 82 year old Marv Levy. :lol: If so, expect more of the same.

10) I will never forget the effort put forth by Fred Jackson in this game. :lol:

11) Hopefully, Robert Royal has dropped his last pass as a Buffalo Bill.

12) In addition to having an outlet for my typical anxiety after Bills games, I have a ton of fun writing this stuff. Thanks to each and every one of you who was kind enough to indulge me this season, especially those who disagree with every word I type. At the very least, we are all in this disaster together. I hope that you new posters stay around for the draft. There are some people here who put lots of work into it, and this is a great, very important thing we have here on TSW.

13 GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well done on the season, but i was expecting an 18 or 20 point post for the final game.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a hoot when Dierdorf said that Shon-te was 'one of the hardest hitters in the league'. Do any of the announcers actually watch tape before uttering cliches about players they know nothing about?

Dierdorf is a tool, he is aways making statements like that, this guy is the best this and that guy is the best that, he fails

to remember that last week he said the same thing about another guy. :thumbsup:

You may be right. Not that Peters is the big difference maker.

When Peters is on, he can handle most pass rushers one on one. His season got screwed up when he foolishly listened to his agent. He is the one OL we have that is worth anything.

I really do not take anything that Sisyphean Bills posts seriously. His man crush towards Losman really clouds his football sense.

Hello POT. You THINK Trent will improve.......despite the fact he has REGRESSED, & continues to get injured. He has shown no more than JP up to this point that he will be any better. PERIOD. But because of your LOVE for Trent you THINK he will get better.

You may be right. Not that Peters is the big difference maker.

I didn't see much pressure coming from the left side yesterday (unless you count DOCKERY getting blown up). And it sure didn't look like Freddie had a tough time running against the 15th best running defense in a game where weather conditions telegraphed our commitment to the run from the first snap.

For all those who think the ship goes down if/when Peters leaves, I'm just sayin...

Hello POT. You THINK Trent will improve.......despite the fact he has REGRESSED, & continues to get injured. He has shown no more than JP up to this point that he will be any better. PERIOD. But because of your LOVE for Trent you THINK he will get better.

I do not have love for Edwards I have hope. He has shown me enough to warrant another year as the starter. Remember it is only his 2nd season. I think he is the type of player that continues to improve. The injuries I will admit are a concern. Losman his first year did not play & in his 2nd year he had one of the worst years statistically of any qb I could remember & was benched for a career journeyman not once but twice. If your comparing Edwards to losman, he is way ahead of him at similar stages of their careers which I will readilly admit is not saying much.

No the difference is game situations. Losman's 1st priority in the situation he was in was to protect the ball with a 3 point lead. He failed to do it. Edwards 1st priority since the game was still undecided was to make a play. Dockery wiffed on the block & the rest they say is history.

Got your panties in a twist there over a joke, Gumbo? Can count on you for thin skin and a woody for Trent.

Got your panties in a twist there over a joke, Gumbo? Can count on you for thin skin and a woody for Trent.

Your going to be pretty miserable next year when Edwards is the starting Qb for the bills once again & your man love is sweeping the streets of LA for a living.

YOU THINK the concussion had nothing to do with the regression...especially after how he looked in the first five games. If you know anything about concussions, sometimes the effects will not bother you almost immediately--hence the San Diego game. His decision-making and confidence was definitley affected. If you are a Met fan and followed Ryan Church's situation you would understand what Trent went through and see a lot of similarities. Concussions have long-term effects.

The fact that you think a second year QB can't improve is ludicrous and shows your MAN-LOVE for JP. Does Trent have issues--yes? I wonder about his injuries, toughness in cold weather and leadership abilities. But his play has nothing to do with JP's. The fact is you want Trent to fail. So, get over yourself and root for your QB.

Dude- he just finished his first full season. I see a vast improvement in his deep throws from his first season

Your going to be pretty miserable next year when Edwards is the starting Qb for the bills once again & your man love is sweeping the streets of LA for a living.

Actually, JP will be the backup in Denver- so I guess you could call him the winner of the battle

Dude- he just finished his first full season. I see a vast improvement in his deep throws from his first season

His first full season was an improvement from his first season? How many first seasons does Trent get to have?

Hmmm...this is all sounding vaguely familiar... B-)

(Actually, next season will be his first full season - unless he gets hurt again. :P )

Personal JP vs. Trent battle aside, the statement is true, and would have been true if Billy Joe Hobert were playing QB.

I called it hypocrisy because of the double standard. I find it tough to fault trent or any other QB for fumbling when they get blindsided like he did. I called Bill out because, given his history, he absolves trent. But if JP had performed that exact play, we would have gotten a friggin thesis on why JP sucks and should have hung onto the ball.

I called it hypocrisy because of the double standard. I find it tough to fault trent or any other QB for fumbling when they get blindsided like he did. I called Bill out because, given his history, he absolves trent. But if JP had performed that exact play, we would have gotten a friggin thesis on why JP sucks and should have hung onto the ball.

About that, there is NO doubt...and Bill isn't the only one.

What you fail to understand, fanboy, is that next year - his 3rd - will apparently be Trent's first full season, so give him so time, ferchrissakes. B-)

What you fail to understand, fanboy, is that next year - his 3rd - will apparently be Trent's first full season, so give him so time, ferchrissakes. B-)

I know, next year will really be like trent's rookie year, and half of the games will be the "worst conditions i've ever seen" and he'll still be affected by his concussion.

I know, next year will really be like trent's rookie year, and half of the games will be the "worst conditions i've ever seen" and he'll still be affected by his concussion.

Now that JP's gone, I was wondering if us "Trenties" could borrow from the extensive list of losman excuses? Also you guys are willing to wait 10 years to see if he is the guy right? One more chance, one last make or break game kinda thing.

Now that JP's gone, I was wondering if us "Trenties" could borrow from the extensive list of losman excuses? Also you guys are willing to wait 10 years to see if he is the guy right? One more chance, one last make or break game kinda thing.

Well let's see...you've already used: no tight end, no second WR, injuries, schitty weather, schitty coaching, schitty offensive coordinator, schitty offensive line, schitty play-calling...

Now I see that next year - Trent's 3rd - is really like his rookie season 'cause it'll be his first full season, assuming the fraglile young lad doesn't get hurt again.

So it sounds like you guys have already borrowed all the 'losman excuses', plus Bill's come up with some really creative new ones - our defensive line, d-backs, and 'the elements'! B-)

Well let's see...you've already used: no tight end, no second WR, injuries, schitty weather, schitty coaching, schitty offensive coordinator, schitty offensive line, schitty play-calling...

Now I see that next year - Trent's 3rd - is really like his rookie season 'cause it'll be his first full season, assuming the fraglile young lad doesn't get hurt again.

So it sounds like you guys have already borrowed the 'losman excuses', plus Bill's come up with some really creative new ones - our defensive line, d-backs, and 'the elements'! B-)

I was thinking more along the lines of, not treated fairly, jerked around, ruined by the franchise, injuries not his fault, not given a chance, not playing to his strengths, he tries so hard for the community, stuff like that. I just don't want to get in trouble for any copyright infringements.

I was thinking more along the lines of, not treated fairly, jerked around, ruined by the franchise, injuries not his fault, not given a chance, not playing to his strengths, he tries so hard for the community, stuff like that. I just don't want to get in trouble for any copyright infringements.

Oh you can use all of those as well. And I'm sure you will - next season - when Trent has a new head coach, new offensive coordinator, new offensive scheme to learn, new personnel, etc.

Trust me, you'll be citing all those things, and more, when Trent's new head coach yanks him from the starting lineup.

Sounds eerily familiar, kind of like the excuses you used to make for John McCargo! B-)

Oh you can use all of those as well. And I'm sure you will - next season - when Trent has a new head coach, new offensive coordinator, new offensive scheme to learn, new personnel, etc.

Trust me, you'll be citing all those things, and more, when Trent's new head coach yanks him from the starting lineup.

Oh thanks I forgot about the new coach/coordinator and new scheme to learn excuse, that one was well used. B-) I don't see Trent getting yanked for poor play next season, knocked out due to injury, that's definitely a possibility.

So you are rooting against him just so you could be proven right? Admit it, you want the Bills to lose if Trent is the QB.

That's what it sounds like.

Wow! Just Wow!

Oh thanks I forgot about the new coach/coordinator and new scheme to learn excuse, that one was well used. B-) I don't see Trent getting yanked for poor play next season, knocked out due to injury, that's definitely a possibility.

Well, they'll probably call it an 'injury' when they yank him, anyway. :P

Actually, we got to use the new coach/new coordinator/new-scheme-to-learn 3 times! You probably won't have that luxury, but you could also cite severe depression when Dakota Fanning meets her first boyfriend.

All of this stupid QB talk.....put Todd Collins back there for all I care (which is what Bills fans deserve anyways). Put down your fantasy football notepads and watch the line play- you might (gasp) learn something about the sport. We have neglected the line since Polian was fired and we are where we are because of that and because of letting our free agent go- which was eloquently described ina previous post.

Sounds eerily familiar, kind of like the excuses you used to make for John McCargo! B-)

They were valid until he did nothing this year. Tough to fault a player who got injured for 11 games in his rookie year. He showed some promise at the end of '07. This year McCargo was healthy, had a full season under his belt, and he flopped. I wasn't making excuses, they were valid points. If i were still blaming his poor play on his rookie year injuries, then that would be making excuses.

Or we could be like you and expect every player to be all-stars out of the gate.

YOU THINK the concussion had nothing to do with the regression...especially after how he looked in the first five games. If you know anything about concussions, sometimes the effects will not bother you almost immediately--hence the San Diego game. His decision-making and confidence was definitley affected. If you are a Met fan and followed Ryan Church's situation you would understand what Trent went through and see a lot of similarities. Concussions have long-term effects.

The fact that you think a second year QB can't improve is ludicrous and shows your MAN-LOVE for JP. Does Trent have issues--yes? I wonder about his injuries, toughness in cold weather and leadership abilities. But his play has nothing to do with JP's. The fact is you want Trent to fail. So, get over yourself and root for your QB.

I think the fact teams had FILM on Trent had MORE to do with his POOR play than the SO CALLED concussion or was it a groin injury? I KNOW 2nd year QB's & all players for that matter can improve, but the fact is in his SECOND year Trent has now played almost as many games as JP played in 5 years, & thus far has shown no sign he is any better or will be any better than JP. The one thing Trent has proven is he is INJURY PRONE. I will root for Trent & the Bills as I did last Sunday.

I think the fact teams had FILM on Trent had MORE to do with his POOR play than the SO CALLED concussion or was it a groin injury? I KNOW 2nd year QB's & all players for that matter can improve, but the fact is in his SECOND year Trent has now played almost as many games as JP played in 5 years, & thus far has shown no sign he is any better or will be any better than JP. The one thing Trent has proven is he is INJURY PRONE. I will root for Trent & the Bills as I did last Sunday.
You are a great poster, I very much enjoy your posts!...hope you are still around next year! :sick: