OK..What did everyone get?

Buffan00

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me, it was a Buffalo Braves cap (made by New Era) and a mint condition Johnny West action figure, made by Marx, in its' original box, with almost all of the original peices...when I was a kid, this was my absolute favorite toy...not sure what inspired my sister to buy it for me, but it sure braught back a lot of good memories...when I got my original one, around 1972, my dog (which my dad hated!) chewed it up on Christmas night...fearing my dad would have a fit, and get rid of the dog (Alvins' positon in the family was always tenuous) my oldest sister snuck out and baught me another one a day or two after Chrismas, before the old man found out...

I actually did get a rock. It's actually petrified dinosaur poop that my dad got me as a kind of gag gift - but it makes a pretty cool addition to my rock collection

Also got a 1TB external hard drive, and the 'Perrault said to Rico' book someone else mentioned - very good reading so far

Got a new set of Callaway Big Bertha Irons..........

And my wife backed the van into my visiting Parent's car in the driveway this morning. :devil:

Are they the 2008 version? Are they red? If so they are the same ones I have. Nice irons. You don't have to crush the ball for distance. Nice easy swing and club does the rest.

Keurig coffee maker thingy, a collection of hooded sweatshirts, lots of foreign beer.

Cool. I'm into good coffee. I'll tell you what though... Up till 4 years ago, i went through a $40-60 pot once a year. I burned my way through a bunch of mr. coffees, black and deckers, krupps, etc. for hte past 10 years or so. Same thing with my parents. They go through $120-160 worth of pots every year (they have two houses). Then I sucked it up and spent $120 on a single pot. I got the Bunn nhbx pot. My parents refuse to upgrade because it doesn't have a timer, no clock, just an old school flip switch. I'll tell you what though, this thing still makes a perfect pot in 2 minutes, the water is hot, there's no grounds spilled into the pot. It is just a small water heater, copper pipes, and a burner. Best friggin coffee pot in the world, hands down. Yet, there's my parents, still burning $$ on pot after pot. They work great for 6 months... makes a decent pot of coffee in 10-12 minutes, and the burner automatically shuts off after 2 hours. Great. I'll get up at 6am, pour the water and grounds into thing and still have a perfect pot before a regular pot is 1/2 done with its "auto on" cycle. My advice to you: use your pot till it dies in a couple years, then get a bunn and have great coffee for the next 50 years.

http://www.bunnomatic.com/retail/products/nhb.html

Hey new GPS owners--

I got one of those new garmin friction mounts for my nuvi.

I've had issues with my sunction mount falling off, esp. in the winter--I'd recommend the friction one.

https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?pID=8100

I hate the window mount thing, and it won't stay standing up in my change compartment, so i'm planning on ordering that piece. I love the garmin though, its a great tool if you're traveling, or if you need to run somewhere in town that's unfamiliar to you.

That's what we did. After getting FIOS TV, I had to upgrade. Picture is PHENONEMOL!!! :devil:

Prices have come down so much it was doable. Even got a surround system to go with it. Fantastic. Now my only gripe is when there is something that isn't HD. I would say 3/4s of the games on NHL Center Ice are HD but I get pissed when one I want to watch isn't. Spoiled

Prices have come down so much it was doable. Even got a surround system to go with it. Fantastic. Now my only gripe is when there is something that isn't HD. I would say 3/4s of the games on NHL Center Ice are HD but I get pissed when one I want to watch isn't. Spoiled

Yeah, one really notices the difference once HD has been in the house for a couple days. My wife got me one more present two days ago, it doubles as my 30th birthday present... 2009 Nissan Frontier.

Yeah, one really notices the difference once HD has been in the house for a couple days. My wife got me one more present two days ago, it doubles as my 30th birthday present... 2009 Nissan Frontier.

Damn! :devil::P