Trade Jason Peters

TheBlackMamba

Did anyone else not notice we were missing peters on sunday??? The guy is going to his second (undeserved) pro bowl which is going to increase his leverage in the contact this off season. He is probably going to want to be paid like the best left tackle in football which he has every right to command. I think that if he is our best player and we win without him then whats the sense of paying him ridiculous amounts of money when there are more holes to fill. If the bills dont offer him an extension this off season it is going to lead to another hold out. Right now he is probably saying "sh*t, i can hold out all off season, miss a game and play like sh*t for most of the seaon and still go to the pro bowl". Plus he said everything i need to know about his character last week when he said "this is what i play for, to go hawaii". Actually jason as herm edwards said "you play to win the game" and win super bowls. He doesnt seem to make the team that much better when he plays and i would assume his trade value is pretty high so get rid of this guy

Yeah, trade our starting LT in the prime of his career. lets go with Chambers or another rookie, sure makes a lot of sense..

Yeah, seems as if alot of folks want to trade Peters and it makes no sense. Look, he's no Orlando Pace and he probably didn't deserve to make the proboewl but, trade him? He's still clearly the best guy we have on the o-line. and if we trade him, who replaces him? a 1st round draft pick that will probably cost a ton but also might be a total bust (Mike Williams anyone?) I saw [pay him the contract he deserves and let's move on.

Trade him for what? A 1st round pick? You could probably get that, but any draft pick is very risky and will take time to develop. There is a reason top-tier left tackles are nearly never traded or make it to free agency.

Did anyone else not notice we were missing peters on sunday??? The guy is going to his second (undeserved) pro bowl which is going to increase his leverage in the contact this off season. He is probably going to want to be paid like the best left tackle in football which he has every right to command. I think that if he is our best player and we win without him then whats the sense of paying him ridiculous amounts of money when there are more holes to fill. If the bills dont offer him an extension this off season it is going to lead to another hold out. Right now he is probably saying "sh*t, i can hold out all off season, miss a game and play like sh*t for most of the seaon and still go to the pro bowl". Plus he said everything i need to know about his character last week when he said "this is what i play for, to go hawaii". Actually jason as herm edwards said "you play to win the game" and win super bowls. He doesnt seem to make the team that much better when he plays and i would assume his trade value is pretty high so get rid of this guy

Remember that Coaches and players voted him in. Like it or not the guy is a dominant force. I for one hope the Bills do not get stupid. It will be hard to attract other quality players to Buffalo if they appear to be cheap with Peters. Sign him to a good deal. He is a player the line can be built off of.

You can make it known that you are willing to listen to offers but you're not going to trade the guy for a bunch of crap- two teams who make the most sense for trade partners are Detroit and Philly- Detroit would like to use their first pick for a QB but they really need a LT too and the first tier guys will like likely be gone before they get to the Dallas pick- Philly is losing two OTs to free agency and age- they have two first round picks, theirs and the Panthers - I figure Detroit would have to offer the Dallas 1st, their 2nd and a 3rd - Philly would have to offer both their 1sts- the other part of the equation is what they think of Bell who looked very good in preseason but hasn't seen the field since- I think that Bell mirrors very well and can get beyond the line of scrimmage when run blocking but he comes in very raw and lacking pro strength and size - is he going to put on the 15-20lbs of muscle he needs not to get bull rushed? If you think Bell can come in and play the position at the very least at an average level then a Peters trade makes more sense- if you think Bell is going to get Edwards killed then you can't do it.

Whether he gets paid or not, we will still have plenty of room under the cap to improve the team. I would rather have Jason Peters, a capable back up and be 1 million under cap, vs Chambers(or anyone) no depth and 22 million under the cap. 2 needs for us are OLB to replace Crowell, an athletic playmanking tight end, and a glaring need at D-End. We have nobody who warrants any type of game planning.