Who runs the Bills drafts??

Linda Bogdan Vice President/Assistant

Director of College and Pro Scouting

during the season and bowl games,

all-star games and scouting combine activities...

grew up in the Detroit area and graduated from

The Hewitt School in 1967...matriculated at

Bennett College (associate degree in 1969)...

outstanding amateur tennis player...has captured

several club championships at Forest Hills (NY)

in both singles and doubles...daughter of Bills

Chairman Ralph C. Wilson, Jr.... resides in

Englewood, NJ.

Linda Bogdan

VP/Asst. Director of College and Pro Scouting

20th Year in the NFL

20th Year with the Bills

▼ Was promoted to her current role on May

10, 2006 and will have an integral role in the

franchise’s college and professional scouting departments...

prior to her recent promotion, served

as Corporate Vice President since March of 1991

with a special interest in the area of long-term

planning for the Bills...only active female NFL

college scout and worked the past 19 years in the

Bills scouting department after joining the team

in 1986 on a part-time basis...has scouted collegiate

games during the season and bowl games,

Englewood, NJ

The last draft Bill Polian conducted here in Buffalo, Linda Bogdan tried to tell Polian in the war room who to draft. She made quite a seen from what was relayed to me. I worked for the Bills at the time and am still friends of many players from those years. Bill was and still is a pretty hardnosed guy; but sure knows his talent. He had Ms Bogdan removed from the War-room. She went crying to daddy (Wilson) and Ralph was pretyy close to firing Polian before the season even started. Well heads cooled off but Ralph Wilson still had a grudge against Bill Polian because he told daddy's girl to go to hell and stay out of his football operations. There were other things that occured over the coure of Bill's final season here. To be sure there was no love lost between these two. Some in the media had speculated that Bill knew his time was up in Buffalo. He never let that impression with me or many of the front office personell or the many players I had and still have as friends. Bill being the classy guy he is and was never went public with any of this in any detail. Our drafts have gone downhill since as has this franchise

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bill was and still is a pretty hardnosed guy; but sure knows his talent.

Seems to me there's a lot of folks in the biz that know talent when they see it.

Guys like Polian are extra special because they know what to do with it.

Fitting the individual talents of 53 men into the concept you have for a winning team whole is something we just haven't been able to do with much success since he left. Besides talent you have to understand and factor in personality, drive, motivation, team chemistry, your market, playing environment, division/conference competition and so much more. Got to be able to pick the right coaches as well.

I doubt we'll see his like again.

Linda Bogdan Vice President/Assistant

Director of College and Pro Scouting

during the season and bowl games,

Englewood, NJ.

Linda Bogdan

VP/Asst. Director of College and Pro Scouting

20th Year in the NFL

20th Year with the Bills

▼ Was promoted to her current role on May

10, 2006 and will have an integral role in the

franchise’s college and professional scouting departments...

prior to her recent promotion, served

as Corporate Vice President since March of 1991

with a special interest in the area of long-term

planning for the Bills...only active female NFL

college scout and worked the past 19 years in the

Bills scouting department after joining the team

in 1986 on a part-time basis...has scouted collegiate

games during the season and bowl games,

Englewood, NJ

The last draft Bill Polian conducted here in Buffalo, Linda Bogdan tried to tell Polian in the war room who to draft. She made quite a seen from what was relayed to me. I worked for the Bills at the time and am still friends of many players from those years. Bill was and still is a pretty hardnosed guy; but sure knows his talent. He had Ms Bogdan removed from the War-room. She went crying to daddy (Wilson) and Ralph was pretyy close to firing Polian before the season even started. Well heads cooled off but Ralph Wilson still had a grudge against Bill Polian because he told daddy's girl to go to hell and stay out of his football operations. There were other things that occured over the coure of Bill's final season here. To be sure there was no love lost between these two. Some in the media had speculated that Bill knew his time was up in Buffalo. He never let that impression with me or many of the front office personell or the many players I had and still have as friends. Bill being the classy guy he is and was never went public with any of this in any detail. Our drafts have gone downhill since as has this franchise

can we keep this a secret?

As Asst Dir of College Scouting, she probably "works" for Modrak. But still, you've gotta love BP telling her where to go. The fact that she tried telling the GM what to do is par for a Wilson.

It's so emblematic of this franchise. Detroit, Cincinnati, and Buffalo. All three keep things in the family and go nowhere.

For sure, it's why after so many years this team still doesn't have an identity.

"We're going to have a lot more communication between the top people...one man's not going to be calling the shots." - Ralph Wilson

A horse designed by a committee is a camel.

A football team designed by a committee is the Bills.

Steve...Thanks for sharing. Who knows what is going on behind closed doors at OBD on a daily basis. It is never a good sign when the owner is chiming in on who to pick(Rodney Wright anyone?), his daughter is a player in the decision making and two Donahoe "guys" not only hold on to their jobs, but keep getting promoted and are major players in pro and college scouting(Modrak & Guy) for the Bills.

I get excited about FA and the draft until I consider the above.

:)

So my questions are:

If she's so into the nuts and bolts of the Buffalo Bills, why doesn't she want ownership of the team when Ralph's "contract expires"? You'd think that would be a dream come true.

I'm curious - does she have any talent as a scout? Who has she "discovered"? Who are her duds? Is she worthy of the position or is she just a nepotistic meddler who gives a thorn in the side of those trying to run the team?

How big is her role sustaining years of mediocrity?

Enquiring minds want to know.

Link?

So my questions are:

If she's so into the nuts and bolts of the Buffalo Bills, why doesn't she want ownership of the team when Ralph's "contract expires"? You'd think that would be a dream come true.

I'm curious - does she have any talent as a scout? Who has she "discovered"? Who are her duds? Is she worthy of the position or is she just a nepotistic meddler who gives a thorn in the side of those trying to run the team?

I doubt that anyone in the family would be able to afford the estate tax on the Bills, especially in New York.

So my questions are:

I heard she drafted:

Losman

Mcgahee

Mike Williams

Dwayne Wright

Donte Whitner

Erik Flowers

For sure, it's why after so many years this team still doesn't have an identity.

"We're going to have a lot more communication between the top people...one man's not going to be calling the shots." - Ralph Wilson

A horse designed by a committee is a camel.

A football team designed by a committee is the Bills.

When Ralph says "one man's not going to be calling the shots," it really means "This is my baby, always has and always will, and I am calling the shot's!"

Rediculous. Steve, good little tidbit you brought to the table there. If its true, that is ridiculous. Not only the fact that this woman is meddling just like her father, she wont step up to the table and keep the bills here after her father keels over. Or at least buy in with Jimbo. She sucks.

As much as we all hate Jerry Jones on this board, can everyone agree that at least he played college ball, and at least he is open about the fact that he runs the team? Ralph rules the bills like a banana republic, talking about "delegating power," while constantly undermining and disenfranchising his underlings.

Everyone knows who holds the real decision making power. But they won't say it. And its not good.

I think Ralph has pretty much lost it, but most of this really needs to be put in perspective. Ralph always wanted a consensus, partly because he didn't want an all-powerful GM as he was a meddler himself. Polian became a little too powerful and Ralph didn't like it (obviously a huge mistake). But Ralph loved Marv, Marv was there in the best years of the team's history, and Marv was a consensus builder. Ralph tried to keep that up a few years but then had huge problems with John Butler. After feeling his age, and really wanting that elusive championship, Ralph went against his own instincts and gave TD complete control of the team, even Ralph's own President title. It backfired badly, and Ralph really felt that situation was worse (it really wasn't, TD just made a bunch of enemies and an equal number of player mistakes). So the last few years since TD was jettisoned, Ralph has gone even more overboard to his old ways.

I'm not saying it's right, in fact, I think it's dead wrong. But this all didnt come about overnight, or without history and reason.

What an absolute joke. Buffalo deserves so much better than Ralph Wilson.

Cue the person who says that he's kept the team here since inception of the franchise, and that should be enough.

It's an indication this franchise is going nowhere when a 90 year old owner still runs the show and insists on controlling each person beneath him.

The Levy experiment as GM was all about PR and recapturing the Polian years minus BP. Unfortunately, building consensus with bad front office personnel in franchises that are perennial losers will never work.